ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that year of Elantra worth stealing and fixing up to sell?
depends on who is buying and who is needing and what's available, I'd guess. I don't know, but then I'm not buying a chop shop car to avoid sticky situations. I'm sure there's a market, however.

The killer had a large knife bc he likes to kill and he was there to kill until he got fulfillment.

Im adding to my supposition, military training. Maybe just basic training, and combat experience.

"Moscow Building Supply general manager Scott Jutte told the Idaho Statesman that a police officer stopped by the retailer more than once this week to inquire about the possible sale of a KA-BAR brand combat blade."

can't speak for your dad, but prosecutors flipping to defense is quite common. here's one fun read; If You Want to Be a Defense Attorney, be a Prosecutor – Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog

but it's almost a stereotype.
Yeah - he was the most honorable person I know....no way could he devote his life fighting crime and then defend a criminal. It's so inappropriate....but going from cop to attorney is different from going from one TYPE of attorney to another TYPE of attorney.

There might have been fog that night as well - anyone know where to find that out (if it matters)? I’m a moon person & know we (I’m local) had fog around then but can’t remember the specific night(s).

Morning fog on November 13, 2022, according to local news weather report.

Yeah - he was the most honorable person I know....no way could he devote his life fighting crime and then defend a criminal. It's so inappropriate....but going from cop to attorney is different from going from one TYPE of attorney to another TYPE of attorney.
I'd disagree. if you believe in the law and the system, then everyone deserves a fair trial, and not everyone who is accused is guilty. but the legal standards, what constitutes conflict of interest would prevail. so I appreciate your father's personal choice, but cop to attorney - either side - is about upholding the law. not all criminal defense attorneys are Saul goodman imo.

Is that year of Elantra worth stealing and fixing up to sell?
Like engine or wear and tear wise or corrosion? Corrosion wise vehicles don't rust out here like the coasts or other places with higher humidity. We have a 99' pickup that looks pretty much new except for the body style, expect it's a good truck, not uncommon at all to see quite aged vehicles running around as someone/a families main vehicle.

And if an act of vengefulness, which is more likely a reason: to avenge something not done, or as revenge for something done?
Both
If these crimes were other than random, which do you think, given what you know of the circumstances, is a more realistic motive force: murder because of love (or lack thereof); or because of money; or because of some other factor?
anger pure and simple

Arrow is where purported blood seeps down foundation. X's room #4.
I'm not familiar with homes built in freezing climates so I don't understand exactly how it could have seeped like that. Is it possible that the inside wall sheet rock got busted up during the killings and blood leaked that way? If it is blood. Just a thought. (edit:As above post makes excellent point that it probably doesn't help solve the crime).

It's possible the blood has got under the skirting and run down the walls inside to the footing.
How will this help solve the crime though? :)
Trying to determine where X's room is directionally. The sliders and that part of the foundation are easily identifiable.

Kaylee Goncalves’ father Steve Goncalves accused officials of ‘messing up a million times’ during the ongoing murder probe.

(One answer to the question, "Why does LE sometimes not fully engage with victims' families?".)

Last edited:
Anger's an emotion; what triggered the anger, what was its cause? Why then? why them?

I'm adding to my supposition, psychiatric problems.

I don't think there is a direct relationship with the victims. I think there has been contact with the person in some context, possibly online. The victims have been stalked online.
The perpetrator has had underlying internalised anger issues. I don't think he is Incel but holds some similar contempt for the victims.
The perpetrator thinks he is smarter than police, has a level of training in such matters, i.e. as stated prior, military training. There may not be enough evidence at present.
I don't think he lives in Moscow. I think he lives on his own. I think he did the crime in a timeframe that no one noticed he was gone. He would have been home in time for work, unnoticed. He's at least 220lbs.
I think he is going to get caught. I think there will be an arrest within 3 months.

#supposition

AIMOO

Last edited:
I'm adding to my supposition, psychiatric problems.

I don't think there is a direct relationship with the victims. I think there has been contact with the person in some context, possibly online. The victims have been stalked online.
The perpetrator has had underlying internalised anger issues.
The perpetrator thinks he is smarter than police, has a level of training in such matters. There may not be enough evidence at present.
I don't think he lives in Moscow. I think he lives on his own. I think he did the crime in a timeframe that no one noticed he was gone.
I think he is going to get caught. I think there will be an arrest within 3 months.

#supposition

AIMOO
Interesting.

Why the knife, as opposed to a gun, say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv