ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

Easy. Hubs is retired Marine. He uses a kabar for outdoor activities but has other type of knives for specific purposes too. He’s not a collector, they’re tools. Son is a land surveyor & carries knives daily, also a quality machete. I keep a leatherman in my car & was encouraged by my Godmother to always keep a ladies Swiss army style in my purse. Personally, I’m pickier & more concerned with my expensive kitchen knives than either of them with theirs.

Concerning blood spatter/splatter/spray and bloody footprints:
We know at least some and maybe all of the victims were attacked in their beds. We also know it was a fairly cold night, so I think it could be assumed fairly thick blankets were probably on the beds. How much blood splatter/spray might have been “screened” by the blankets? If the assailant is swinging at someone who is lying under a blanket(s), beyond castoff on each backstroke swing, might there be very little other blood traveling through the air toward the assailant? Just something to be considered - I certainly have no expertise in this area!

Last edited:
For further clarification, this is what is on a Death Certificate. There is very little information provided. It is very basic and would not have provided SG much information at all. I think many are confusing Death Certificates with the Autopsy Report. Imo.

There are three main categories of information contained on the standard death certificate: demographics/statistics (eg, name, social security number, race, occupation), method/place of bodily disposition (eg, funeral home, burial vs. cremation, cemetery site), and death information (eg, date and time, cause, manner).1,2

Last edited:
(Hypo) PreTrial Release of Victims' Wound Pix. Impede Fair Trial?
Pasting this post by @Janitor101 from previous thread.
Wouldn't a defense atty claim that the premature release or description of the wounds to the press impede his client's rights of getting a fair trial?
@Janitor101 Yes, Hypothetically. In a pre-trial motion, Def atty could claim that, but I doubt it would fly.

Hypo: MSM or soc media publishes a pic or pix (plural) of vic's wounds pre-trial. Then an arrest.

One. Def. makes pre-trial motion --- MSM showed vic wound pic, blah blah blah, violates right to fair trial, so judge must dismiss charges.
Prosecutor argues that if same/similar pic would/will be admitted into evd. at trial, MSM/soc media's publication does not violate def's right to a fair trial, IOW jury will see it at trial, so no violation of def's right to fair trial. Judge: Def's motion denied.

Two. Def makes motion for a change of venue to move trial to a diff judicial district, where (presumably) the pix & other crime info had not been widely circulated to the public/jury pool.
Imo, by itself, the pic argument w no further bases to strike charges or to move trial, doubtful. Why?

In jury selection process (regardless of trial location is Moscow or elsewhere), both prosecution & defense have opportunity to question potential jury panel members (veniremen), to see what crime info they have seen/heard. And judge asks if the info would prevent them from using only evidence presented at trial to make decision. If they can't put previous info aside, then person may be struck for cause. So those who are impossibly biased by the pre-trial info are not part of the jury,which ends up being composed of unbiased ppl.
imo jmo moo

Last edited:
In the aspect of how personal and brutal this killing seems; it screams jealousy if it was a girl. I just have a hard time believing that a female would be able to overpower all of these individuals. IMO
I do not think a female did this. MOO this was a male or even 1 male and an accomplice. I also hope more than 1 person knows what happened because someone is going to crack... This may be over soon.. praying that's the case. MOO

I do not think a female did this. MOO this was a male or even 1 male and an accomplice. I also hope more than 1 person knows what happened because someone is going to crack... This may be over soon.. praying that's the case. MOO
I don't truly believe it was a female either, I do think the idea of more than 1 person being the perpetrator is possible and I'm interested if they have discussed this at all.

Some say the longer this goes on, the more they suspect a random serial killer. I’m not *quite* there yet.

i can't believe they don't have any footprints...
How do we know they don't? Did I miss this?
It makes no sense for the Father to lie, to the contrary.

People just don’t like what he’s saying because of their Internet theories.
I don't know if people think he's lying. I don't think he's lying at all. But is what he saying fact or his theory and opinion? Which he is totally entitled to have, especially as her father but then it gets posted in the media as fact and people run with it or it's contradictory to what he or someone else said previously. It's very confusing. I have found this case frustrating to follow and it's usually easier to follow a case on WS because a lot of rumor isn't allowed. I have so much sympathy for Mr. G and I think he's being a wonderful father right now and I totally support him speaking about his daughter. I just don't want anything to slip that could harm the case. I realize a lot of people don't think it's a big deal but I've followed a lot of cases and you would be surprised at the smallest thing a good attorney can do in a high profile case like this. You can bet if this case goes to trial the defendant will probably have a high profile attorney who will love being in the spotlight for this case.

I also wonder for the people who say the daily press releases don't tell us anything or agree with Mr G calling the police cowards, what do you expect them to tell us? What information would you like to see? I'm legit asking what info would satisfy everyone following this case. I don't mean that sarcastically, I'm genuinely curious. I think there's a lot of people who don't trust the police on this case, do you also not trust the FBI are working this case as best they can? It seems people are treating this like a cold case already which I don't understand.

The father is doing the best he can in this awful situation. He is not lieing. But there is a concern for public safety. Often these killers feed off of the notoriety. The concern is that if the father continues to speak publicly that it could embolden the killer. One reason that LE does not release info is to prevent the killer from getting this type of attention.
I am in no way not showing empathy for the father. I'm simply stating that this is a concern.

ADMIN NOTE about FACTS:
To clarify, for Websleuths purposes, which is fact-based, and has intentionally strict TOS, “FACTS” are those that can be substantiated by a link to the information being stated as a FACT in MSM. That generally means stated by an official with LE. Anything that is an OPINION, even from retired officials with LE, are not necessarily considered FACT on WS. While we respect opinions of retired LE being interviewed in stories on high profile cases, they may or may not have info that LE working the case have. Families can be sources of fact for background info regarding victims, but not about details of the crime, unless they were witness to it.

You are free to discount in your own mind what WS considers facts, but you may not argue about it here. Websleuths is also LE-friendly. While we all understand LE is human and can sometimes make mistakes just like any of us, you may not speculate that it has happened UNLESS there is some basis in FACT regarding this case.

If you have further questions about this, please send a REPORT.
DO NOT DEBATE THIS ISSUE ON THE THREAD.
It will be considered OFF TOPIC at the least, and IGNORING MODERATORS/ADMINISTRATORS INSTRUCTIONS at the worst, and your posting privileges may be limited.

I don't think he's lying, but I do think some of what he's saying isn't entirely accurate. Not that he's purposely repeating inaccurate info, just that he only has a fraction more info than the general public and is coming to conclusions based on an incomplete picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathangel333