ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a murder is completed and the killer leaves the scene, the evidence in (and around, if any) the scene, is what it is.

In this case, there is likely inadvertently-altered evidence (by the friends and LE who didn’t at first realize they were dealing with a scene involving four brutal stabbings.) So some evidence probably got contaminated or altered or transferred somewhat. Other than this, the evidence doesn’t change.

There might be overlooked evidence, or later there may be newly discovered evidence….but there won’t be any “new” evidence. Right?

Once the killer kills and leaves, the evidence is the evidence. It’s up to the investigators to tease it out of a complex scene and match it to the killer.

Having to place all of your trust in LE to do this properly so that your family and this community gets justice, must be maddening.

If there are no “perfect murders,” there are no perfect murder investigations either. I totally understand wanting to be given certain reassurances (like a person’s alibi) so that I could feel confident that nothing was being overlooked or dismissed without proper consideration given.

Personally, I believe even if the crime scene photos or the autopsies or the 911 call(s) got leaked and published, I don’t think that would catch the killer and I do not believe it would allow him to walk free either, or prevent him from receiving a fair trial.

I think even if they find the white car, its driver and the person(s) inside of it, without more (like evidence inside the car that links to blood evidence - or DNA exemplar samples - from inside the murder rooms), it won’t prove murder

I have not read anywhere close to all of the posts in these threads so apologies if asked and answered.

Have the two surviving late sleeping roommates made any statements to the media?
@themonk,
No, the only thing that I have seen and heard is when the 2 roommates read at the service for the 4 murdered Angels that was not at all to the media.
Statements from roommates at service

In the aspect of how personal and brutal this killing seems; it screams jealousy if it was a girl. I just have a hard time believing that a female would be able to overpower all of these individuals. IMO
There is a possibility that itwas a duo--one male and one female.
The male to do the wet work, the female accomplice to be the lookout. She could have been the one to have the entry codes.

There is so much more to this, and all the various relationships, than meets the eye. They had three years of interaction to build up resentment, anger, jealousy, envy, and rage.

This is just my opinion, not based on any evidence released by law enforcement.

MOO: As it applies to SG: Putting spurs to LE to share more, implement protections for the community, advise all on measures students could be taking....I guess I get that. The basis for calling LE "cowards" is both a whole lot shaky and not likely to advance SG's agenda very far. Is SG inclined to believe this killer could be prepared to attack himself or other family members? If that were the hazard that SG believes police are cowing from, the perpetrator needs to change weapons...
Also MOO: I recognize SG feels the need to hold feet to the fire, but somebody besides his wife should counsel this man a little on just whats appropriate when talking to the press. I can't see where that label applied to LE can be anything but counterproductive....

I'm sorry if I've missed this -- I am trying to keep up with the posts. Has the K's father continued to make public comments in the last few days? My impression has been that he has been more quiet recently.

I don't truly believe it was a female either, I do think the idea of more than 1 person being the perpetrator is possible and I'm interested if they have discussed this at all.
MOO this thought has crossed my mind. 3 victims were female and 1 male. I have never thought EC was the "target". I do believe that this attack had to be carried out by more than one person or it was a hit. Again, MOO. I also find it extremely unsettling that we have not heard from the surviving roommates nor the 5th individual on the lease. SG has made many statements but three 20-21 year old girls haven't spoken out yet? It just seems strange.
I 100% believe that there are multiple people involved and to me it seems likely that people are talking. I agree with the poster that stated someone will crack soon. Praying on that!

Last edited:
Concerning blood spatter/splatter/spray and bloody footprints:
We know at least some and maybe all of the victims were attacked in their beds. We also know it was a fairly cold night, so I think it could be assumed fairly thick blankets were probably on the beds. How much blood splatter/spray might have been “screened” by the blankets? If the assailant is swinging at someone who is lying under a blanket(s), beyond castoff on each backstroke swing, might there be very little other blood traveling through the air toward the assailant? Just something to be considered - I certainly have no expertise in this area!
I agree. I speculated on this a week or two ago. I'm sure it was a horrific scene, but I believe it wasn't necessarily as bloody as the coroner/ME first described it due to heavy bedding.

I think motive most likely revenge. Given their age and fact they were in college.. People are still young, don't know how to control emotions, on the flipside young adults are still prone to being mean and "bullying" at that age, not knowing the effect it has on some.

Don't want to comment on that one person because it has been ruled out not related. But something like that could have played out, or a close friend or relative of someone, like a brother. (Don't subscribe to theory a female was able to do this).

Also believe this attack was methodically planned. Almost a year in advance. It does not seem like someone who did this for a living, as the town has no history of something like this, so most likely someone who has something against one or more of the people slain, and had planned this out for awhile.

Hope more details come out, terrible tragedy.

''A retired Moscow police captain is saying the murders of four University of Idaho students that took place last month might have been motivated by revenge.

Retired Capt. Paul Kwaitkowski, 64, believes that the killer responsible for the deaths knew at least one of the victims and may have been seeking vengeance, based upon his 20 years of experience investigating local homicides, per an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail.

"When you use the word 'targeted,' it means somewhere along the line we met," Kwaitkowski said. "Somewhere along the line, something bad happened, something that pi***d someone off enough to go after these people."

For anyone who thinks or contend that this case is going cold please watch this 12-12-2022 Update from Moscow Police Captain Roger Lanier. The LE team is pouring over many, many, many digital video files and photos from both residential and business cameras around Moscow.
Additionally they have received numerous tips, digital evidence and information regarding the white Elantra.
Personally I was very impressed with the amount of potential evidence in their possession and the number of FBI, State and Local police teams working on the case and pouring over the mounds of information.

''A retired Moscow police captain is saying the murders of four University of Idaho students that took place last month might have been motivated by revenge.

Retired Capt. Paul Kwaitkowski, 64, believes that the killer responsible for the deaths knew at least one of the victims and may have been seeking vengeance, based upon his 20 years of experience investigating local homicides, per an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail.

"When you use the word 'targeted,' it means somewhere along the line we met," Kwaitkowski said. "Somewhere along the line, something bad happened, something that pi***d someone off enough to go after these people."
Did the police captain elaborate on what led him to think it was motivated by revenge?

From previous thread, pasting this post made by @mayhem911:
"I don't understand why LE is so proud about taking 4000 photographs of the crime scene and having a 3d layout of the place. Anyone could take 4000 nice pictures and get a 3d layout of a place in today's day and age. It does no good if you are still not talking to the right people."

@mayhem911
Remember Thomas Alva Edison, talking about an invention he was working on:

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

Maybe like LE (all levels here, city, state & fed working very hard) who now have dozens, scores, or hundreds of people who did not commit these four atrocious murders???p
And that's because w these 4000 pix, 3D scans/layouts and other evd. collected and in hand, LE was able to eliminate them.

And the very NEXT person LE interviews could be THE ONE.
imo imo moo

Last edited:
Did the police captain elaborate on what led him to think it was motivated by revenge?

Just that the LE used the term "targeted attack", suggesting the attacker had prior interaction with the one of the slain, mixed with his experience as LE himself. Make note this person is no longer active LE so he is conjecturing just like all of us are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500