ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbors are warming up to the press. Was just a matter of time. The more time goes by the more anxiety builds within the community. They want a suspect named and convicted.
Absolutely agree with the motivation but I would rather neighbors/families/friends "warm up" to the FBI/LE and not the media. I spent most my career in MSM and, while it can be a solid platform for those without a voice, when it comes to high profile investigations, this level of chatter has already proven to be detrimental (AKA the coroner, the Mayor). Great for ratings, terrible for the DA. IMO/MOO.

Interesting the car passes west towards 1122 between 245-315 but nothing more so perhaps 1 way in and different way out

I bet that's why they are asking for video down to Palouse River Drive. Going the other way on Taylor can take you there.

Sounds like this may well be what initially alerted LE to the white Elantra. If this is the ONLY thing that sparked the search for the white Elantra, that is concerning, IMO. A car zipping around a college town in the middle of the night, on a weekend, is hardly suspicious.
Why not take this to the logical conclusion?: "a car zipping around a college town in the middle of the night" is not the "ONLY thing that sparked the search".

Le DID canvas businesses around the area for surveillance footage and requested footage early on in the investigation. I really don't know why there's so much misinformation tied to the anti LE rhetoric.
This! Early on , LE published in their Nov. 18th press release that they would like any information of suspicious behavior or any video surveillance: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

LE may have even requested video surveillance verbally earlier than Nov. 18th in one of their press conferences, I just do not remember.

It would be great if everyone in Moscow with surveillance would have pulled it immediately and reviewed it. However, that is unrealistic. Believe it or not, not everyone has a sleuth like mind and the thought of helping solve a mystery really doesn't occur to most people! (I know, shocking.)

I suppose if LE had gone door-to-door to every apartment, house, and business in Moscow, they could have requested surveillance (but not compel that it be produced), but I doubt they had the manpower to do that. The best they could do was make the request for info publicly and hope local people with security cams were paying attention.

I am curious but perhaps missed this early on. Is there any info or reports about the bar, Corner Club when the two women were there for hours? ? Was anyone paying them special attention? Was video captured from inside bar or in parking lot, like of parked cars there also? And then tracing their movement to the food truck?-were they followed or accompanied by anyone? Radio Silence seems curious on this important part of their evening but perhaps LE has their reasons? IMO.
No leaks from the Corner Club, Brian Entin in one of his first walkabouts said that Corner Club employees are only speaking to LE, and it is my recollection that there were cameras and footage that was shared with LE.

Last edited:
<modsnip>

I'm genuine wondering why gas stations on main artery roads/highways weren't first checked is all at beginning and might give a clue what LE were maybe thinking at first (perp was on foot maybe they thought) or if thinking non-relevant. I'm curious the train of thought at the beginning as things seems to have changed (maybe I'm wrong, thinking out loud and MOO)

The gas station is close to the house, only minutes about 15 mins away. Looks like 2-3 close by and other businesses. I'm hoping all businesses everywhere are checking their videos more now after the car release image.

View attachment 387835
Sorry, the context of your post isn't clear so my apologies if my response sounds off.
What's leading you to believe that nearby business weren't checked? We have received no information either way.
But it would be hard to believe that an officer wasn't sent to all nearby gas stations to speak to the person working at the time of the murders. That would be pretty standard protocol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent thought. They should check it against any ads or unusual things that show up on any device. Didn't they do an experiment where a homeowner mentioned having a cat as a test in ear shot of Alexa and suddenly cat product ads started showing up on his computer?
Everything is listening , smart TV'S , cell phones !!

Because there are no known premises that support THAT conclusion. That's how logic works.
I, and most everyone, agree with your statement that "a car zipping around a college town in the middle of the night, on a weekend, is hardly suspicious." To me, that means MPD's interest in the car is not based on it zipping around in the middle of the night.

I never said I thought he was following. I was remarking upon the fella that made a statement in the Fox article that seemingly felt it was the ride person. It could only be if the person changed cars, I was fascinated by his remark, and then stated that maybe the Elantra was seen on camera at 1122. That’s it.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I don't think the man thought the white car was the girls ride or the same person. I took it as he saw the sedan that dropped off the girls and then he also saw the white car.

The strangest thing happened…
I had a theory involving a business and I thought I’ll have a look at the business on Google Maps, I checked an image from a few years ago, low and behold, there was a white Hyundai Elantra outside. It was an older model by the looks of it but then again, many people keep the same type of car and just upgrade to newer models.
I’m crazy enough to think it up but not crazy enough to think I cracked the case… still, random!

Would you mind sharing the name and location of the business in question?

LE has requested "video surveillance at their residence or business between 3 a.m. to 6 a.m.
on Sunday, November 13, 2022."

It has really bugged me since the beginning that LE is only requesting surveillance video starting at 3:00 am. The perp could have very possibly entered the neighborhood prior to 3:00. It just doesn't make sense to me. This is pure speculation as an example...he could have followed any one of them home at 1:45ish and waited outside the house until it looked like they all went to bed.

I’m sorry, but if you live in or near the area & drive a white Hyundai Elantra of the year models LE are looking at, I can see no reason other than suspicious ones for not coming forward. Why else would you deliberately ignore a police directive on something so important & serious if you’re not involved? Maybe I’m just naive. MOO
Or if you knew someone who drove that vehicle, wouldnt you turn them in?

Absolutely agree with the motivation but I would rather neighbors/families/friends "warm up" to the FBI/LE and not the media. I spent most my career in MSM and, while it can be a solid platform for those without a voice, when it comes to high profile investigations, this level of chatter has already proven to be detrimental (AKA the coroner, the Mayor). Great for ratings, terrible for the DA. IMO/MOO.
Yes. For sure. But, the reality is that this is affecting people's lives.
Many students are going online or not returning. This is terrible for the college but also for the town's economy.
So I think people were willing to comply to LE's requests for silence but they're reaching their limit.
I know that you weren't debating that. And what you say is 100% needed so please don't me wrong.

I have never been part of LE and do not know much about investigations.

However, common sense dictates that there is a balancing act between gathering the information you need to solve the case and overwhelming the case with too much information. The larger the perimeter, the more leads you will have to investigate with a higher percentage of dead ends.

As it is, look at the amount of evidence that already has to reviewed an analyzed.....

Understood but they got info about the white elantra so that either came from video obtained from their outlined boundary (1 x 1 square mile) or it was a tip from somebody in the neighborhood. Either way, it seems like a long time from when you would expect they would get that information to when they released that info to the public. MOO.

It's not a knock on them. It's not a criticism. I'm just legitimately curious how that gap happens? Like, one of the first things you do is look at video. Ok maybe the car got through without being on camera. So then the tip was from some neighbors. Ok great but why the big gap in time to the point where we're now requesting footage from outlying areas? Again MOO.

I wonder if LE wanted video from the South (Palouse River Drive) because they suspect the car never drove out of the surrounding area and are trying to confirm that. One can infer that it didn't go back the way it came or the video owner likely would've included that in the report.

My opinion.

Aquarian said:
I never said I thought he was following. I was remarking upon the fella that made a statement in the Fox article that seemingly felt it was the ride person. It could only be if the person changed cars, I was fascinated by his remark, and then stated that maybe the Elantra was seen on camera at 1122. That’s it.

I am sorry , I wasn't implying that you did . I may have not articulated what i was trying to say very well. I was wondering if he did follow them myself but stopped short of following them all the way. I just wanted to hear your thoughts because you sounded like you had some insight on the matter that i didn't think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod