ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
"From the toxicology, you could learn a great deal about where the decedents were during the hours before their death, what, if any, drugs they were taking, their state of mind," Dr. Michael Baden said. "Did they take drugs that could have caused them to sleep and not wake during the encounter?"

Baden's comments came in response to Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt's statements in an exclusive interview last week with Fox News Digital dismissing the tests, which had not come back from the lab yet, as irrelevant to the college killings.

I I agree that toxicology tests are important to conduct and that the results can be very helpful in determining details and/or providing new leads in a case like this. JMO

One more time, because it seems that many believe otherwise, NO ONE has been "CLEARED". PERIOD! LE have repeatedly stated "at THIS time, the following people are NOT BELIEVED to be involved...", and hoodie guy was listed, and remains listed. LE DID say that any of those people may be re-interviewed at any time, and stated that some have been, though we do not know who or how many.

For our purposes here, hoodie guy can not be sleuthed, because neither he, nor anyone else, has ever been named a POI or suspect. That does NOT mean that LE have irrevocably cleared him. JMO

Last edited:
No, not anyone in particular. I sensed it became a sensitive subject and thought , oh boy was it worth that??
Well, when it hits MSM it most definitely can be discussed. I do find some things interesting about it. And, I believe it is another good opportunity for us WS loyals to explain why it is good to keep tips private. I am disappointed in FOX for airing that, and think that they (fox) used the names of the mentioned Facebook group and admin to somehow distance themselves somewhat. People really need education on allowing police to handle things, IMHO.

With that said, I am not sure the video does anything for the public except add one more name to the mix, which is sad. But it is interesting to hear the dialogue.

Are we assuming that by now the vehicle has been caught on a license plate reader somewhere? Is it possible that so far LE only has its side view taken from street/house cameras at multiple locations?
3 things that I know of (from being involved & working with law enforcement) that a license plate reader cannot read are: a temp plate, a paper plate (which in AZ are really the same thing), and no plate.

If she texts an hour before she returns home - the night of her Death -
What did you tell Adam?
And that Text is published

The same people here attacking the Audio would be dedicating their lives to deciphering how that fits into the case.

snip
The spurned-love angle is a safer bet.
Agreed…but I highly doubt it’s anyone the girls were dating at any point or knew fairly well (and no one on LE’s list that has been under speculation.) I think if is related to a crush, this person was encountered while out and about, maybe frequented the same establishments, but not in their immediate friend circle. Possibly a disturbed person who became infatuated from a distance and maybe stalked one of them. JMO

(Q&A with Moscow neighbor)
(KTVB video day after the murders)

I believe the
Elantra tip could be a red herring offered up by someone to sway the investigation in a different direction.

In the KTVB video a white, possible Elantra is seen driving down the street behind the reporter. In the video it is also stated, erroneously, one of the victims is from Arizona. (It was corrected later to state all victims were from Idaho.)

In the Q&A, which was conducted AFTER the KTVB segment, the subject says he saw a white Elantra and he also spotted a license plate in the parking complex from Arizona, or he said maybe it was Montana or Colorado.

In my opinion only, he is injecting himself into the investigation and repeating information that he gleaned from other sources and never personally saw.

The white vehicle lead must still be followed up though, if only for it to be eliminated, if need be.

Agreed…but I highly doubt it’s anyone the girls were dating at any point or knew fairly well (and no one on LE’s list that has been under speculation.) I think if is related to a crush, this person was encountered while out and about, maybe frequented the same establishments, but not in their immediate friend circle. Possibly a disturbed person who became infatuated from a distance and maybe stalked one of them. JMO
Possibilities abound.

Here's another problem for LE. If the vehicle was stolen, how long ago was it stolen? Could be as far back as 2011 to 2013. Maybe it was stolen more recently. Maybe not. It does not seem to have been stolen in Idaho. LE seems to be struggling to identify it, now they are asking the public about a possible car that may not be registered.

Most stolen cars wind up being abandoned. So where did the unsub abandon it?
Or taken to a chop shop. That happens in several cities and states, but not to sure it happens often, if ever, in Idaho. Figured I'd throw another something to consider ;)

(Q&A with Moscow neighbor)
(KTVB video day after the murders)

I believe the
Elantra tip could be a red herring offered up by someone to sway the investigation in a different direction.

In the KTVB video a white, possible Elantra is seen driving down the street behind the reporter. In the video it is also stated, erroneously, one of the victims is from Arizona. (It was corrected later to state all victims were from Idaho.)

In the Q&A, which was conducted AFTER the KTVB segment, the subject says he saw a white Elantra and he also spotted a license plate in the parking complex from Arizona, or he said maybe it was Montana or Colorado.

In my opinion only, he is injecting himself into the investigation and repeating information that he gleaned from other sources and never personally saw.

The white vehicle lead must still be followed up though, if only for it to be eliminated, if need be.
But how did they get to specifically a 2011-2013 White Elantra - not a light colored, an oft-used term in LE?

Had to be captured on Cam.

MOO

I'm sorry, isn't this K&M at the food truck? The tweet is dated Dec. 17th but we have known this for a couple weeks now, right? Or am I missing something?

*editing to say PLEASE DISREGARD.....I FIGURED THIS ONE OUT TOO* I think I need to take up speed reading in order to get caught up quicker in these threads. LOL

Last edited:
Did the perp have time to "clean up" a bit? Trying to find reasons for the complexity of the case. Not saying anything too crazy; just a simple wipe off the knife, maybe wipe the floor a little, etc.

The surviving roommates apparently thought they were passed out in their rooms next morning. I would think if they saw blood all over the place they'd react sooner and call police first before friends.

Ted Bundy's killing spree at the FSU sorority house happened in under 15 mins apparently. Enough time to do a quick clean swipe in the Moscow homicide?

Btw, 30 potential witnesses within "earshot" of the Bundy FSU murders but nobody heard anything. Just goes to show how easily someone can sleep through or dismiss something in the middle of the night. Although Bundy's method to kill was different than the Moscow homicides; iirc, he knocked his victims out first w/ a piece of wood. I wonder if this Moscow killer did something similar.
Yeah, I'm thinking the perp was in and out within 15 minutes. Any longer would have been a risk.

Since the victims were sleeping the killer probably could have incapacitated each in a second with one swipe of the knife. They were stabbed multiple times, it was likely very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AudioPyre