ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's start checking our guesses.

1. Was the suspect a hunter? Answer still not known. Anyone have an update?

2. Was the suspect in the military? IMO Not likely if he was a 28 year old PhD student. "Online records indicate Kohberger appears to have been pursuing a doctorate in criminal justice at Washington State University in Pullman, less than 10 miles from Moscow. Shortly after his arrest, the university took down a grad student page listing his name." Link:
3. Did the suspect drive a white elantra? Yes. "Police also seized a white Hyundai Elantra matching the description of the car that police had earlier said they were trying to locate from the scene." Link: Who is Bryan Kohberger? What we know about the Idaho murder suspect

4. My number 1 question is still this. How did he learn the location of the victim's King Road house? Online or IRL? PhD students don't usually go to undergrad parties or undergrad watering holes. Anyone have an update?

What other guesses did we make before the arrest? What did we get right and wrong?

With regards to the car, he may have already gotten it home before LE said they were interested. At that point, he was stuck as getting rid of it would have drawn the attention of those around him in PA. The car was his undoing IMO.
MOO.
True. The car search wasn’t right away- was a few weeks into the investigation

Quote from article: When Kohberger was arrested, he “asked if anyone else was arrested,” Entin wrote in a tweet, adding, “I’m told he had a ‘quiet, blank stare.’”

Anyone else?!?!

As someone far wiser than me once said, "a man who represents himself has a fool for a client"
And as in the Parade trial it turns the whole trial into a circus and takes away from the very real pain the victims and victims families are feeling. I pray this guy doesn't try and represent himself. The families have been put through enough.

wow. whoever picked up on that car in the first place is a hero here. Details...what an idiot...busted over getting gas just like Ted Bundy.
I thought Ted's car broke down and he allowed police to search it? either way, this Elantra is going to go down as one of the dumbest moves in the history of crime. doubt that is what this guy was looking for. I bet he hates being called stupid. jmo imo.

Jumping out of lurk mode ask the same question. I have doubts though. SO glad an arrest has been made! Can't wait for the presser.
I was wondering about this, too.

Reactions: KAE
Just an opinion, but I think this was an experiment as in "I can get away with it. I'm smarter than LE, FBI." If he left clues, it was unintentional.

What did he not think about?
The vehicle.
He apparently didn't think that he lived in Pullman just 15 m away would implicate him.
He apparently forgot cameras too.
I also wonder if he thought it would be too much of a flag to his family if his car did disappear. They obviously know what he drove but then for it to also disappear once he left the area of the crime. As a family member, knowing he goes to school in that area and drives the same car is one thing but to then have he car go “missing” would really make you wonder, IMO.
If his family didn’t contact anyone, I’d have to wonder why- does he come across that normal, not set off any flags with his personality? Just thoughts flying through my head.

if they did actually approve it

There were the names of two professors as "principal investigators" (in charge of) his survey. I see certain issues with the survey but frankly, it's a really typical survey topic for a master's level person in criminology at a university without a big research program (where it would likely have been a larger grant process).

I seriously doubt he got his master's degree by forging professor's names on his projects, but I suppose it's possible.

Quote from article: When Kohberger was arrested, he “asked if anyone else was arrested,” Entin wrote in a tweet, adding, “I’m told he had a ‘quiet, blank stare.’”

Anyone else?!?!

Probably his other multiple personalities in his psycho mind....

If you go onto Maddie and Kaylee's instas and search 'bryan.' in their followers, he is there. He has also liked loads of both their recent pics. He doesn't follow Xana, and the girls don't follow him back. Creep... he only follows 110 people too, strange
Pretty sure this account is fake. I checked as soon as the news broke and it didn’t yet exist.

@otto Could you please map the route from 1122 to Pullman? tia

ETA he lived at the Steptoe Village apartments 1630 NE Valley Rd, Pullman on the WSU campus

I also wonder if he thought it would be too much of a flag to his family if his car did disappear. They obviously know what he drove but then for it to also disappear once he left the area of the crime. As a family member, knowing he goes to school in that area and drives the same car is one thing but to then have he car go “missing” would really make you wonder, IMO.
If his family didn’t contact anyone, I’d have to wonder why- does he come across that normal, not set off any flags with his personality? Just thoughts flying through my head.
He looks like an average guy.

woot! exciting stuff @10ofRods. IMO JMO WSU is busy scouring those HR records for any slip. This could be, from a civil standpoint, quite the mess for them.

It does take me wonder if the is why BAU was on scene immediately, some other connection. Now I want to see if he worked out, had upper body strength. jmo imo
<modsnip - sleuthing family is a violation of TOS>
3 am is the choice time to make a swat arrest as most people are home, asleep, and are caught off guard before they can reach for a weapon.

Maybe he told someone and was turned in?
it was likely just him satiating s lifelong interest, but I suppose it is ossicle he met a seasoned murderer from his research survey and they did it together. My gut is it is just him.

I would like to think LE had eyes on him for awhile and we’re playing games with him Re the Elantra. Or, that a recent tip about the Elantra being previously in Pullman, or where it was found in PA was what broke the case.

Thank goodness tho if they got the right person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members