ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have belonged to a relative.
It certainly could have. I’m assuming LE has his license plate number from some of the video they got near the scene. They seemed to know which white Elantra they were looking for. He could have obscured the number, etc.

I wonder if BK fled to PA recently or before classes ended? The WSU calendar indicates that the last day of classes was December 9, with final starting the 12th and ending the 16th. I imagine any classes he was TA-ing would have noticed an absence up until the end of finals.

Source

I’m wondering if his motivation has anything in common with Leopold, (or Loeb.) Acting solo, but with a great belief in his own superiority.

Hmm i don’t recall too much about that crime… but wasn’t that two guys?? Do you think there’s also a conspirator here?

Getting rid of it all of a sudden would have been a huge red flag to anyone who knew him and was following the case.

Balancing the risk of keeping a car half the country is looking for vs. his family not believing him if he simply told them it was stolen, broken down, damaged, etc.???

It doesn't make sense to me... I guess we'll eventually learn what sort of psychopathic reasoning he had behind keeping it.

MOO I think he had a relative that lived near the Idaho4 house and knew of M,K, X and E and also the fact it was a party house, known for being easy to access
Also wonder how many other people might have known the access code ?

Let's start checking our guesses.

1. Was the suspect a hunter? Answerstill not known. Anyone have an update?
2. Was the suspect in the military? IMO Not likely if he was a 28 year old PhD student. "Online records indicate Kohberger appears to have been pursuing a doctorate in criminal justice at Washington State University in Pullman, less than 10 miles from Moscow. Shortly after his arrest, the university took down a grad student page listing his name." Link:
3. Did the suspect drive a white elantra? Yes. "Police also seized a white Hyundai Elantra matching the description of the car that police had earlier said they were trying to locate from the scene." Link: Who is Bryan Kohberger? What we know about the Idaho murder suspect

4. My number 1 question is still this. How did he learn the location of the victim's King Road house? Online or IRL? PhD students don't usually go to undergrad parties or undergrad watering holes. Anyone have an update?

What other guesses did we make before the arrest? What did we get right and wrong?
None of us had this guy on our radar prior to his arrest—now—everyone “knew” it was someone unidentified. Lol (To be fair, there were several posts that theorized he was nearby, but outside the circle of friends.) Sure hope we learn his motive. Won’t bring those kids back to life though. And the parents will know today that this arrest will not make them feel better. Just one more family torn apart.

So very grateful that he’s been apprehended - somehow seeing the person behind it all just breaks my heart all over again for the young lives he stole and the lifelong pain and loss he’s caused their families.

It feels a bit fateful that he was arrested around 3am when that’s around the same time he committed the murders. I hope he had no idea they were coming for him and was scared shitless.

I'm sure he had no idea they were coming for him that night. <modsnip: no source link for information stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don’t think much will be said during press conference. Probably just confirming it’s him and some other info about next steps (extradition, etc.) and that’s about it

Agreed. I think we're going to be wondering for a long time about a lot of the details. But over the next few days I'm sure the press will be able to get a hold of people he knew, worked with, went to school with, etc. Hopefully that will provide some insight.

MOO I think he had a relative that lived near the Idaho4 house and knew of M,K, X and E and also the fact it was a party house, known for being easy to access
The school where he was a graduate student (Washington State) was only a 15 minute drive to Moscow. A friend of mine who went to Idaho said the two schools often intermingled socially and driving back and forth between is normal for every student. No relative needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gentlegirl