ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone link the supposed instagram profile?
The guy had 0 Instagram profiles when his name was first released - I checked immediately. I also checked M's followers immediately and neither that name nor any variation was there. There are a few troll accounts that were created after. It's all fake. IMO

I agree. He was found by the car trace he left. The moment LE got him as far as Troy 2 weeks ago, no news were let out, so LE were onto something. Well done to them!

But killing 4 people as a PhD research? That is something new in the criminal psychology, he may become as a part of research himself as an object, for all horrible reasons.
Yep the car was important! Seems like LE was trying to track it. They did extend the search area and asked for additional tips. I think they were able to track it enough until some point they actually were able to see a plate number.

Balancing the risk of keeping a car half the country is looking for vs. his family not believing him if he simply told them it was stolen, broken down, damaged, etc.???

It doesn't make sense to me... I guess we'll eventually learn what sort of psychopathic reasoning he had behind keeping it.
Based on anything other than a speculative hunch?
I agree, he probably enjoyed the planning, the action, and the chase.

If that is his real profile, god is that disturbing. He's the first person that appears in the likes of the picture of the roommates at the back of the house.
I saw that as well. I believe it may be a real profile… but who he follows and follow him… wide range of people from all over the world. Found it strange that he didn’t have a majority from any certain area. Possibly a loner… but no big clues off of his followers and who he was following.

However….

I did find it very interesting he likes more of MM’s photos than KG’s. And doesn’t begin liking either of their photos till august 13th. The first photo he likes is of MM. Not KG.

He likes the last few photos posted to both girls accounts. Including the one from the night he murdered them.

MOO- from my brief social media detective work… MM appears to me to be the first link to him. She does not follow him. Nor does K.

It will be interesting to discover his connection to the girls and if X or E were apart of his plan that night.

Considering he liked the last group photo of all of them together… the night of the murders….

To me this means he knew they were all home.

I wonder if that's why BAU was called in, too. idk imo just a guess

oh, there may be all sorts of things for the universities involved from a civil aspect, inc HR hiring practices, questionable behavior that was allowed, etc., etc. imo jmo.
If the suspect has no prior arrests or other involvement in criminal activity, he probably passed the clearances needed to work in a public school system. It’s been a number of years since I was in graduate school, but I don’t know if currently grad students anywhere have to file for FBI checks or clearances that public schools require. This case may spur changes in that area, although if he was not on the LE radar, clearances wouldn’t have been an issue. However, his fingerprints should be in the federal system because he was a school security officer in PA. That may well be what nailed this guy, if he left a print somewhere.

Graduate students may occasionally travel to other campuses for a conference, but for the most part, they are busy on their own campus taking classes and teaching or assisting in undergraduate courses. Grad assistanceships usually offer some stipend along with tuition, so grad students rarely have the money to do a lot of traveling.

There are a couple of possibilities about where the suspect went after the murders. He could have been required to be on campus for grading finals in the courses in which he was TA—although so much college work goes onto online platforms, it’s possible he could “work” from anywhere. The timing of the crime may have been influenced by his not living in or near Moscow and perhaps his plan to drive to PA where no one would suspect him. In a way, it’s a truly stupid plan to cross state lines to commit mulitiple murder because…. Hello, FBI. But here I am doing all the ”it’s possible” and “maybe” and “may have been” and “perhaps” that has driven me crazy with the social media theories on this crime.

That said, I hope everyone here and elsewhere who has complained about the police response on this case is re-thinking those opinions. We all watch too much 60-minute TV, where police solve a case seemingly overnight. At the same time, we read on WS and watch true crime docs where it’s clear that it sometimes takes months or YEARS to solve a major crime. But here we are, about 6 weeks into this, and LE has tracked a killer across the country and made an arrest that we can hope will hold up because they got their ducks in a row to arrest this guy and prosecute him. Kudos to every agency that worked this case and solved what looks like a stranger murder.

What do we believe led LE to BK? If it’s the Elantra, how come it took so long to track him down? If they had partial license info, surely it wouldn’t have taken 3 weeks? I wonder if there’s more to it…perhaps a tip from a family member. JMO!

I love that they apprehended him at 3am…a little extra justice right there! How does it feel to be woken in your bed at that time, monster?!

I'm sure he had no idea they were coming for him that night. And he had no idea they'd gone through his parents' trash (and even if only parental DNA was in the trash - that's enough, but I bet they got his actual DNA).

This means he did cut himself at the scene, or slip up in some other way DNA-wise.

Apparently, he had the pleasure of being awakened to a SWAT team in his room.
@10ofRods where did you see that about the parents trash??

<modsnip - quote post was snipped>

We were both in the ballpark! He worked for a university, he was an older student and, well, I doubt he was very serious about his studies. He was serious about crime - but not as an academic interest.

And he would have known the rhythms and goings-on at both universities very well. I still think we'll find that he's been seen in Moscow, ID before Nov 12-13.

If he had not been apprehended, it is also my opinion that he would have found a new college town to operate in.
yep, you called grad student, and I think he was very serious about crime, too. he would have found a new college - no doubt. but neither of us could have predicted how totally stupid he was about this. SO stupid. I love typing it because I bet he hates it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be willing to bet that very little will be revealed in the press conference...satisfying the curiosity of no one. We're still speculating about Richard Allen in Delphi....answers may be slow in coming.

I keep thinking back to that press conference where LE said something about watching for what is missing, what should be there but isn’t, etc. I wonder if colleagues or close associates of BK, who may have already thought he was weird or odd, noticed he stopped coming to school or did not return from Thanksgiving break, connected it to these killings, and then tipped LE off. If I felt like my coworker/classmate was a suspicious person, and then suddenly a quadruple homicide occurs 10 minutes away and this person is also missing, it would raise a lot of red flags for me.
Very easily could have been reported by a neighbor in his apartment complex that the dude that drives a white Elantra has not been home lately. Then they could trace and notify authorities in PA to keep a lookout at his parents house while they gather more evidence.

The guy had 0 Instagram profiles when his name was first released - I checked immediately. I also checked M's followers immediately and neither that name nor any variation was there. There are a few troll accounts that were created after. It's all fake. IMO
I know, but it’s not stopping anyone here from continually posting about these fake accounts :rolleyes:

If he drove from a moscow ID to his place in Pensilvania straight after murders, he had arrived to PA long before LE asked the public for a help with finding the white Hyundai. Once, this request was out, it was irrelevant if he got a rid of the car afterwards. The car route up to his home address was traceable by then and disposing it would not have helped. He was smart enough to work this out.

At the sane time, decission to commit the murders using his own car and being arrogantly convinced he would not be found is arrogantly stupid one. Messy person who had some luck in his life and started believing he will go away with anything.

I would be seriously interested to read the BAU profile, when it becomes available.

Here is the video of his graduation ceremony from DeSales University in May 2022. His name is read out loud and he walks across the stage starting about 58 minutes in. He received a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice.

So Bachelor’s DeSales 2020, Master’s DeSales 2022, then Ph.D. student more recently at WSU in Pullman?

Quote from article: When Kohberger was arrested, he “asked if anyone else was arrested,” Entin wrote in a tweet, adding, “I’m told he had a ‘quiet, blank stare.’”

Anyone else?!?!
I think he believes that he was savvy enough to throw off LE. Throw them off enough to make himself NOT the prime suspect. Wonder if he purposely left a red herring at the crime scene?

I think he has been on their suspect list for some time. The key is the white Elantra. I’m sure LE put a database together of social media followers of victims. Then once the white car clue arrives they put together a database of Elantra owners or Elantra drivers in the area that had car service. Then they compare the social media and car databases and anyone on both lists is on LE’s suspect list. Finally some dna evidence is found so LE sneaks some dna evidence from people on their suspect list. LE then has their prime suspect with a dna match

Got a link?

All of this is JMHO - but I think it looks like BK on the corner stool by the door. The hoodie makes him look younger than 28 - he fits in (compared to if he was in button-down shirt like in his ID badge pic). Curly dark hair, slim build.

And it looks like his eyes are fixed on the pair of victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diannewl