ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No murder weapon found yet. Sounds like this may have been a DNA or fingerprint match and they are still working on motive and link of relationship.

Several MSM reporting DNA connection.

DM for one. CNN for another.

All MOO-

<modsnip: no approved source link to information> Press conference : chief of MPD says they have charged him felony burglary which he then explained can only be used if you have forensic evidence of that person being in the house.

So it’s certain they have enough evidence to connect BK to the crime and murders.

But with the cancelation of house cleanup today…. Not yesterday when the warrant was filed and swat team raid was planned.

What changed after the arrest ?

Chief says legal request from court.

There is something here…. Possibly a partner or accomplice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Chief Fry just say something along the lines of "they have the suspect who committed the crime"? Is he supposed to say something like that?

I'm just thinking that a person is thought to be innocent until proven guilty.

Fry is doing very well at dodging all of the questions he cannot answer. In the past, that was what seemed to trip up a lot of the folks involved. They said too much, or contradicted themselves and then they were picked apart. Good PC from Fry.

Hi everyone! This is my first post on this forum. Happy to be here. I have been following various threads over the past few months and the Idaho murders is the first one that compelled me to join and enter the conversation.

I am watching the press conference by James Frye (Moscow Chief of Police) and he seems like such a genuinely good man. A soft-spoken, sensitive, clear-headed fellow. He is the big winner today, imho.

I have nothing but empathy for the victims' parents, and I imagine it must have been achingly painful to be in the dark for almost two months. However, Steve Goncalves publicly shaming Frye and alluding to the fact that he wasn't "Alpha enough to handle the case" was a low-point in this whole saga. We live in a world where many people equate strength with brashness, where "alpha" means stomping around and reaching conclusions without much regard for truth.

Today, quiet decency won big.

Did Chief Fry just say something along the lines of "they have the suspect who committed the crime"? Is he supposed to say something like that?

I'm just thinking that a person is thought to be innocent until proven guilty.
He was only arrested because they believe they have evidence to prove he committed the crimes alleged beyond a reasonable doubt. Usually LE will say "We believe we have..." but I mean that's their position. He wouldn't be arrested otherwise.

They do have to actually prove it to a jury of his peers though.

Yay!!!!! Quadruple yay !!!! for their 4 families to have the process starting to get justice for their loved ones!!!!

Suspect in Custody in Killings of Four University of Idaho Students: Reports

"Kohberger is listed as a Ph.D student at Washington State University in Pullman, Wash., in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, according to the college's website. The university is eight miles away from the 1122 King Road residence in Moscow, Idaho where the four students were killed."

MOO and speculation - but I have to wonder if the only motive here was to commit murder. Essentially a 'thrill kill'. Kohberger wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone and became obsessed with murder to the point he actually went through with it. It actually wouldn't surprise me if there was no personal relationship between him and any of the victims.

Really wish they had allowed a little more time for questions, it was pretty brief and cut short (the time allotted for questions). I realize that LE cannot say a whole lot right now, but there are still some questions that they can answer to a degree, the reporters had some good questions, I would have liked to at least have heard a few more questions.....

Hi everyone! This is my first post on this forum. Happy to be here. I have been following various threads over the past few months and the Idaho murders is the first one that compelled me to join and enter the conversation.

I am watching the press conference by James Frye (Moscow Chief of Police) and he seems like such a genuinely good man. A soft-spoken, sensitive, clear-headed fellow. He is the big winner today, imho.

I have nothing but empathy for the victims' parents, and I imagine it must have been achingly painful to be in the dark for almost two months. However, Steve Goncalves publicly shaming Frye and alluding to the fact that he wasn't "Alpha enough to handle the case" was a low-point in this whole saga. We live in a world where many people equate strength with brashness, where "alpha" means stomping around and reaching conclusions without much regard for truth.

Today, quiet decency won big.
Great first post, and I agree. I realize SG was out of his mind with grief, but I too felt he went too far.

Welcome to Websleuths!

So we don’t know much more about what happened after news conference than we knew before conference

We do know more from LEO leaks to media.

Authorities narrowed their focus to Kohberger after tracing his ownership of a white Hyundai Elantra seen in the area of the killings, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation. Kohberger's DNA has also been matched to genetic material recovered at the off-campus house where the students were stabbed to death, according to the sources.

Authorities learned the suspect had left the area and went to Pennsylvania, the sources said.

An FBI surveillance team from the Philadelphia field office has been tracking him for four days in the area where he was arrested, according to the sources.

While he was being watched, investigators from the Moscow Police Department, the Idaho State Police homicide bureau, and the FBI worked with prosecutors to develop sufficient probable cause to obtain the warrant. Once the arrest warrant was issued, the Pennsylvania State Police and the FBI made the arrest.

They found him through his car and then they matched his DNA to the house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members