ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instructional term ended on December 9. Unlikely as a criminology PhD that he’d had any final exams (more likely papers due around the 9th) but even if he had, they were done by December 16. Spring term would have started on January 9. He had at least three weeks to plan for, more likely a full month, even a few days more if he had no Friday classes to attend or TA. Source link to WSU’s academic calendar: Academic Calendar | Office of the Registrar
Ok fair enough. I still think it's unusual.

I'd just fly and enjoy my time off

All MOO-

<modsnip: no approved source link to information> Press conference : chief of MPD says they have charged him felony burglary which he then explained can only be used if you have forensic evidence of that person being in the house.

So it’s certain they have enough evidence to connect BK to the crime and murders.

But with the cancelation of house cleanup today…. Not yesterday when the warrant was filed and swat team raid was planned.

What changed after the arrest ?

Chief says legal request from court.

There is something here…. Possibly a partner or accomplice.
I am so behind and trying to catch up. If he did indeed ask if they had made other arrests, he may have an a accomplish. Have you seen anything about him taking boxing lessons in high school?

The fact that this guy was able to graduate with a criminal justice degree yet make all these mistakes is an indictment on our education system.

Looks like his criminal justice knowledge was a joke.
The educational system is not meant to churn out graduates who can commit the perfect crime…thankfully!!!

People keep responding to me that most people don't follow crime and I understand that, but this is on CNN, Fox News, NPR. My own husband, who does not follow crime or "popular" news, heard about this case on the radio driving to work.

I bring it up because just today in the car I found out about the PC because the news on the car radio mentioned it. This isn't a niche story, it's super weird. And it's relevant to the core older demographic of media viewers since many people have children or grandchildren this age.
I asked my 90 year old mom today if she knew about this case and she did so I let her know about today's arrest of a suspect. Her only source of news is from over the air TV.

I was involved with many aircraft crashes in the military. They never offered that fit us. My first one, I was 19 or 20, aircrew on a kc135 didn't make it, crashed on base in Michigan. I was tagged in the recovery crew. We flagged remains for about 6 hrs.
Did you ever do this in a civilian capacity? That may be the difference.

MOO-

Hopefully if his smart phone was on (giving he had one) it’s possible they could track his entire route off of cell tower pings or tracking data on cell phone.

That information may actually lead investigators to any stops he could have made to destroy evidence or discard of murder weapon.

Ok fair enough. I still think it's unusual.

I'd just fly and enjoy my time off
They asked the public for the Elantra on Dec 7th, the semester ended Dec 9th - maybe he planned to fly but didn't want to leave his car matching the description out in the open? That student housing looked like it had shared outdoor parking rather than a private, individual garage where he could hide it. JMO

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
In regards to BK's parents. We don't know what they may or may not have suspected, or known. But one thing I know for certain is that a LOT of people don't follow the News. Many of my friends have NO idea about the murder in Moscow, it could very well be BK's parents did not know about the car that LE was searching for, or even know much about the murders. I wouldn't judge the parents until we know more.

The educational system is not meant to churn out graduates who can commit the perfect crime…thankfully!!!
I’ve followed cases since I was a child, as I’ve always been obsessed with crime. I couldn’t commit the perfect murder, at least anything on the level of this. DNA and cameras are just too much to overcome in many cases.

These morons always think they’re smart enough to get away with it, but it just isn’t that easy.

We don't actually know when he got home. Most of us assume ir was straight after murders, makes sense to assume he wanted to get the car and himself away from Idaho and asap.

We do not know if he went back to WSU afterwards, either. He may just sent an email he is ill (Covid?) and of course eceryone suggested he better stays home and comes to Pullman after New Year.

this article says he attended classes after the murder and finished up the semester.

Edit -relevant quote

"Two former classmates said Kohberger attended classes and finished the semester at WSU after the killings."

Don't forget that once he became a suspect his cell phone data may have been used by LE to track his whereabouts, assuming he had it with him when the crimes were committed. Even if he left it in his car they could still track his location to being near the crime scene. I think they can even track them if the phones were turned off, but that may be more difficult. I suppose if there was any way to track his phone, LE used all methods to do so.

His date of birth is 21st of November, meaning that 8 days after the killings he turned 28. My first thought was that he was presenting himself with a birthday present. It is crazy, but there is nothing sane related to this crime.

I asked my 90 year old mom today if she knew about this case and she did so I let her know about today's arrest of a suspect. Her only source of news is from over the air TV.
That's another layer here. This happened near where their son/brother lives and works. You'd think it would be of interest - even neighbors saying, "Oh no, did you hear about the murder near where Bryan lives? Is he okay? Did he know them?" Etc etc.

I don't buy that no one in his family knew. Not in today's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatcrimewriterchick