ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he may have siblings. No way at all at least someone in this whole family did not express some concern about Bryan, the murders, his car, etc. MOO
he might have discussed it with them- "Yeah, really bad, crime all over these days." "That's why I study it." "Crazy that it was a Elantra; there are a lot of those on campus." IMO

The protocol for mass casualty situations like this is often that the First Responders MUST get a certain number of counseling sessions. And not just for crimes, but also for natural disasters.

One of my friends knew a guy who was a paramedic at the Sioux City plane crash in 1989; he had to go out into a cornfield and pick up body parts, and he HAD to get counseling. Even though it was an accident that turned out to be nobody's fault, he continued getting it after attending his mandatory sessions.
In my experience counseling is always offered but I have never heard of it being mandatory. Probably different departments have different protocols.

A couple of points I’ve been thinking about …

1. Can’t help thinking the LAST thing I would say (if I were arrested in the middle of the night and was completely innocent of any criminal wrong doing) is “Has anyone else been arrested?”

More like “What are you doing? You’ve got the wrong person! I haven’t done anything wrong!”

2. The person who posted back a few pages this afternoon about how they thought BK entered the graduate study of criminal justice and criminology BECAUSE he was consumed with dark thoughts of murder, violence, possibly rage too—-is right on in my opinion. Being able to study criminals, survey criminals to find out all kinds of dark motives, then eventually probably find work in the field concentrating on criminals—- is right up his alley. He would feel many of those criminals were like him or at least thought like him. Perhaps there was even some desire to try to understand where his impulses were coming from by studying them. Finally, a way for him to “fit in”—not with his fellow classmates/professors but with criminals—without anyone knowing why.

All MOO:
It's been linked elsewhere by me here on WS that BK allegedly asked whether anyone else had been arrested. This opens the door to whether there's an accomplice or he's attempting to play the legal system or the mental health system. I'm sure he has a pre-planned agenda for if/when he would be arrested, and this part of it. He made no slip-up.

As for requesting more tips, aside from learning everything possible about this guy and what happened before, during and after the crimes (the more they know, the fewer surprises from defense) they are playing it safe to see whether anyone else comes onto their radar.

Given the odd (IMO) wording of the survey, I wonder how much of it elicited real world responses and how many were created by anonymous participants, a number of whom were Bryan Kohberger. (Sort of like Dr. Donald Cline who inseminated dozens of patients with his own sperm, without their knowledge or consent.)

Imagine presenting the psychological and emotional responses of the "anonymous" Idaho killer. BK being the center of attention! BK being the center of investigation! BK trying to get a toe in the door at the FBI. Or, God forbid, BK goes to work for the FBI! Or maybe BK does have a foolish accomplice he planned to "uncover" right before the dupe dies, supposedly from suicide.

Yes, this sounds far-fetched, and I'm not usually given to walking on the more implausible side of life; however, the murders of these kids - the knife rather than a gun, the blood (make no mistake, there was blood...remember the words of Coroner Mabbutt who talked too much), the number and "niceness" of victims, the complexity of the house, the two surviving (for no known reason) roommates, the lack of any apparent motive. Indeed, this was a far-fetched crime.

I don't for a moment think BK will cave... not right away. I think he knows he's smart and he's pitting himself against local LE, state police and the FBI. Not to mention two universities and the world. Sort of like Ted Bundy acting as his own attorney.

Oh hubris!

www.today.com

Coroner offers new details about fatal slaying of 4 U of Idaho students after preliminary autopsies

The four students were found stabbed to death inside a home in Moscow, Idaho, on Nov. 13.
www.today.com
www.today.com

Loading…

www.independent.co.uk

I'm kind of in love with Chief Fry right now.

He held his poker face when he needed to, despite intense pressure from the media and public, publicly asked for help locating the Elantra but gave away nothing else, and allowed himself just a tiny smile yesterday.

Then today at the presser he kept his professionalism, back to the poker face when the reporters immediately starting asking about facts that LE and the prosecutor had said they legally could not talk about.

Kudos to those here who yesterday said the Chief looked more relaxed and that you hoped it meant they knew something!
He did a great job, in an impossible position

I don’t cook meat and if I shared a kitchen with someone who did I’d use my own things. That being said I doubt he had the hunting knife to hunt if he didn’t cook meat. Editing to add I think he just got a knife because he knew a gun would be heard and he probably wanted to “feel” the experience of the crime more. Just an opinion.
That is an excellent point! Perhaps he was taught to hunt and dress animals in his younger years though!

Can anyone explain what's going on at 5min 25s mark in this video from ABC news? What other people? Was there any official mention earlier on of more than one occupant spotted in the white Elantra? Or is this just an example of MSM bad reporting?

A necessary in our justice system. Everyone should get a proper defense.
There are proper defenses and then there are sleazy tactics, like Pamela Mackey's mentioning of Kobe Bryant's rape victim's name in open court (which caused her to be harassed by his fans and back out of testifying, which, IMHO, is the only reason why Bryant died in a plane crash instead of in a Colorado prison).

This case feels very similar to the PhD student at University of ILlinois, Brandt Allen Christensen, who murdered another U of I student in 2017, Yingying Zhang. Christensen was a teaching assistant with no prior record. Law enforcement found video images of his vehicle and tracked him down through identifying the owner of the car. He is serving a life sentence.

Can anyone explain what's going on at 5min 25s mark in this video from ABC news? What other people? Was there any official mention earlier on of more than one occupant spotted in the white Elantra? Or is this just an example of MSM bad reporting?
There was actually! IIRC Fry said 'occupants'. I'll see if I can find it...

ETA: Found it.

Chief - So, we have information of a white vehicle that was in the area either, during the time frame of the homicide or around the time frame of the homicide, and we're just wanting to talk to the individuals who were in that vehicle. They may have some valuable information for us and we're looking for a 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra.

Source

Last edited:
I wonder how they got his DNA to compare to DNA at crime scene? Follow him around until he threw away a cup he was drinking out of?
This makes me wonder... Within the last few days LE was saying they still hadn't gotten all the lab results back. I wonder if they were waiting on analysis and comparison with a sample they recently collected from BK? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny