ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some ways, this case not only reminds me of the Gainesville student murders by Danny Rollins, but of the Mark Twitchell murder of John Altinger in Canada. Rollins had the forensic knowledge (his father was a police officer) to slip in, leave no trace of his presence, pose the bodies and slip out. Twitchell was primarily interested in gaining first hand knowledge of how it FEELS to murder. He claimed it was research for what he hoped would be an upcoming film. So, you have a Rollins-like knowledge of crime scene manipulation and a Twitchell-like curiosity for what it feels like to experience murder at the moment of commission. Its going to be very interesting to see what shakes out of this case.
If forensic genealogy factored into finding this guy, law enforcement will never be the same.

Last edited:
And that may be true but driving your car to the murder scene?

criminal justice majors should know about cameras. They would know that LE would comb through the idaho campus and WSU campus looking for any student registering a Hyundai Elantra.

But I suppose it's like any other field. You have your top doctors and then you have your d list doctors. a list attorneys and d list attorneys so on and so forth.
Or it was just a very simple human oversight. We have no clue as yet how well planned and/or thought out this crime actually was.

All MOO:
It's been linked elsewhere by me here on WS that BK allegedly asked whether anyone else had been arrested. This opens the door to whether there's an accomplice or he's attempting to play the legal system or the mental health system. I'm sure he has a pre-planned agenda for if/when he would be arrested, and this part of it. He made no slip-up.

As for requesting more tips, aside from learning everything possible about this guy and what happened before, during and after the crimes (the more they know, the fewer surprises from defense) they are playing it safe to see whether anyone else comes onto their radar.

Given the odd (IMO) wording of the survey, I wonder how much of it elicited real world responses and how many were created by anonymous participants, a number of whom were Bryan Kohberger. (Sort of like Dr. Donald Cline who inseminated dozens of patients with his own sperm, without their knowledge or consent.)

Imagine presenting the psychological and emotional responses of the "anonymous" Idaho killer. BK being the center of attention! BK being the center of investigation! BK trying to get a toe in the door at the FBI. Or, God forbid, BK goes to work for the FBI! Or maybe BK does have a foolish accomplice he planned to "uncover" right before the dupe dies, supposedly from suicide.

Yes, this sounds far-fetched, and I'm not usually given to walking on the more implausible side of life; however, the murders of these kids - the knife rather than a gun, the blood (make no mistake, there was blood...remember the words of Coroner Mabbutt who talked too much), the number and "niceness" of victims, the complexity of the house, the two surviving (for no known reason) roommates, the lack of any apparent motive. Indeed, this was a far-fetched crime.

I don't for a moment think BK will cave... not right away. I think he knows he's smart and he's pitting himself against local LE, state police and the FBI. Not to mention two universities and the world. Sort of like Ted Bundy acting as his own attorney.

Oh hubris!

www.today.com

Coroner offers new details about fatal slaying of 4 U of Idaho students after preliminary autopsies

The four students were found stabbed to death inside a home in Moscow, Idaho, on Nov. 13.
www.today.com
www.today.com

Loading…

www.independent.co.uk
I think he will be fascinated with all the attention on him. I do believe he planned this ahead of time and likely acted alone. I believe he just wanted to kill and wants to be "studied". Real life Criminal Minds episode.

I just saw some stuff taken from a feed that was posted by an Anon poster. It had a date of Dec 12. If it was truly him who posted, OMG.

Interesting article from the Daily Beast

Right….but people making incorrect assumptions doesn’t mean there’s any connection or significance bw veganism and murder.

And….unfortunately, there are some vegans who have great compassion for non-human animals - but not so much for humans. :( As a vegan activist I’ve never understood that.

It‘ll be interesting to see when he purchased the knife.
I think it is quite understandable. There is an argument to be made that humans are the animals that are ruining the planet for all the other animals. Its a huge factor in leading someone to be a misanthropist.

I have a feeling he would have kept the murder weapon as a trophy.
I’m of two minds on this.

If he sees the knife as his best friend, the one he can rely on, and/or if it’s a token of what (until now) he’d seen as his great accomplishment, then I think he’d keep it. His cherished friend.

However, the still rational part of his brain that made him flee across country may also have led him to realize he needed to expunge any evidence that could connect him to the crime, which would make the knife something that would have to go.

Whichever way it turns out, I’m so thankful that there was in fact enough evidence to catch him, whether DNA, the car, or a good tip coming in.

Ah, boxing! I thought there was a hand to hand combat kind of vibe. I think that has a lot to do with why he attacked such a full house. The confidence to do so, and probably fantasies, imo.
To be honest, I don't think it would have mattered how well he is built. The victims were all sleepy, unarmed, exhausted and more than likely drunk. Even Ethan, despite his physical advantage, wouldn't be much of a threat in that state. Killer also had the first shot on the majority of his victims.

Honestly, for a criminal psychologist, this attack seems pretty stupid to me. I've said it since the beginning but this attack was so risky in either getting caught or for your own physical well being, it's the last place you'd hit if you want to "get away with it". Yet... he did it for some reason. I wonder if there's more. I'd be curious to hear what his motive is and whether there is more to this than meets the eye or if he is indeed incredibly stupid.

This was definitely a case where the FBI provided major support to the locals.
Excellent point, agree, and in MOO they will continue to. This Elantra is about to take an excursion for the ages. It’ll be sealed, securely packed into a shipping container and either sent by train car to Idaho (imagine Teddy Roosevelt type route through the Black Hills) or sent by ship through Seattle or Portland (meaning it’ll sail the Panama Canal).

Hello!

No I have not heard anything about boxing. Was it discussed?

As for the response to officers : “have you arrested any one else?” upon arrest it is discussed here.

News nation interview.

He may just be toying with authorities, trying to suggest others were involved. Heavy.com reported that a former high school classmate said he took boxing lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard