ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
December 7. MOO- police knew before December 6 that BK was the POI/suspect-JMO...

LE said the vehicle was a 2011-2013, but it's reported it was a 2015. Was that to mislead Kohberger?

Since the murders in November, investigators asked for tips regarding a white sedan seen in the area at the time of the incident. Police have now seized a white 2015 Hyundai Elantra and are issuing search warrants for additional locations.

The article states BK's father flew out to Idaho and accompanied BK back on the drive to PA, arriving in PA around December 17, according to BK's public defender. The article notes that police closely followed the vehicle on the drive back to PA. MOO- this indicates the police before around December 14 (assuming 3 day drive to PA) already knew BK was the POI/suspect. Likely were hoping to find him disposing of the knife at some point, IMO. It appears the police were surveilling BK for almost 3 weeks before the arrest-JMO. Kudos to LE for holding their cards very close, despite the Public hue and cry...really well done on the part of LE.

The way I see this as possibly happening is perhaps initially BK was giddy with his accomplishment. He rode the high of it for a few days. Then, he began following details in the news. The white vehicle was first mentioned on the 7th. One week later and his daddy is in Idaho to help him drive home.

IANAD IANAL but when he discovered police were looking for his mother's white Elantra, I'd think the killer was near the verge of a mental crisis of epic proportions, one filled with fear pouring from every pore. Fear he'd be caught. Fear he'd be arrested. Fear of jail. Fear of losing his mind over his own reactions to the murders.

Perhaps the anxiety became uncontrollable. He would require help driving some 2500 miles away from the scene of the crime bc his shaking was uncontrollable, he lost concentration and his thinking was cloudy. mhoo with large dose of speculation

Could well be.
Mad Greek serves vegetarian food but also meat..
If he was such a puritan re pots and pans would he be able to tolerate that?
Then again those reports were from a divorced-wife-of-one-of-his-father's-brothers... Could just have been a phase he went through.
RSBM
Good observation.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the vegan kosher cookware demand was far more about control and/or a desire for attention than it was out of any real kosher vegan concerns.
Wait, is he Kosher or is he vegan or is he both? If he keeps Kosher then he couldn't eat at any non-Kosher restaurant, including the Mad Greek.

IOW you can be Kosher and vegan but you must adhere to all the Kosher laws.

Can you link to the source in order to clarify? TIA!

There's absolutely no verification or evidence of genealogical DNA research in this case, nor, IMO, was any such research needed.

All they needed was access to the family trash on trash day. Or similar. A few items is all they would need. Having parental DNA is virtually the same kind of identifier as having a person's individual DNA. The murderer's genes all came from 2 and only 2 people, and just as a paternity test is easy to do - so are paternal AND maternal tests (with double certainty that the son is the child of his parents).

They obviously had a good sample of the murderer's DNA early on. A miracle and a blessing.
They have tailed him across the country based on the car alone, then got the DNA when he got home.

The link to him will be very interesting when we learn what it was.

Interesting that Dad flew to Pullman to drive home with Bryan, and also interesting that police followed them "closely" all the way to their final destination. Since the police had Bryan on their radar well before the drive back East on the 17th I speculate that the Elantra had a tracker on it by that time and LE knew the whereabouts of that car at all times from that point forward, well before the drive going back East on the 17th.

Also, I personally have no doubt that Bryan's parents were well aware of the Idaho murders and the search for a white Elantra, as just about the whole country was aware. This is a very high profile gruesome murder. I would be interested to know if the parents let the authorities know, or encouraged Bryan to let the authorities know, in order to assist in the investigation and be cleared. If they did not, and Bryan did not, IMO, is a big red flag.

With regard to Bryan taking a possible plea deal, I cannot imagine the prosecution offering a plea deal to spare the death penalty unless they do not have substantial evidence. This is a murder that warrants the death penalty for the killer. Unfortunately, we do not know what they have or plan "to get", to secure a strong case. I just think that they are going to take their time, collect as much evidence as possible on the suspect, and go hard on him. moo

uhhh you can be born with one of these LOL. And the only way to really know is from xray, looks don't mean anything necessarily
Yes, I know people can be born with a deviated septum that’s why I said it was speculation. However, with his previous drug use, it may not be that far off base.

It seems like many people here are interpreting his "research" as a means for him to try to commit a perfect crime. You might very well be right, but I had a different interpretation when I first read it, before seeing comments here. Almost every question ended with a follow-up asking for a description of how the respondent was "feeling" at the time. Coming into the questions cold, I believed that what he sought was to understand how it felt to kill someone (or commit another crime), that he wanted to hear how exciting and pleasurable it was. From all accounts he had lived a straight-laced life until now and wanted to hear that he was missing out on something more. And perhaps, not getting enough of a sense of it from whatever responses he received, he determined he had to experience it himself really to understand. (I suppose he could also have received responses that said committing a crime felt positive in some way and decided he wanted to feel that, but I think that's less likely.)

Again, I could be interpreting it incorrectly, but that was my initial thought. All the focus on feelings made me believe he got excited by the idea of how it would feel, the high he would get from that. I guess that puts me in the "thrill kill" camp more than the "commit a perfect murder to show I'm smarter than the cops" camp. Could also be both! In either case, I'd be surprised if he felt shame or regret.

No idea and hard to trust the journalism because they reckon they're racing for their lives to pull something and be FIRST..
They're likely to interview Santa Claus, such is their desperation.
It's very tiring, isn't it?
tbc, my doubt was not a reflection on you. Just asking the next logical question or two that the DM may have neglected to ask ;)

Your past few posts had me convinced (so good job making a case!) but now I'm not sure. If they knew he was in WA and they knew who he was and they had probable cause for the arrest, why wouldn't they arrest him in WA/ID and not have to deal with the long trip to PA and extradition? What if he intentionally crashed his car on the drive home killing himself? Seems like a risk to not pick up the person as soon as you believe you have probable cause for an arrest.

I am leaning towards maybe they identified him (so he was a POI) but they didn't get the DNA back until recently. They might not have thought just his car on video was enough for probable cause. Or worried that a good lawyer could argue it's not enough and then he's out and he knows he's on his radar.

I struggle a bit because if they knew who he was, they know how dangerous he is: he killed 4 random people in one of the most gruesome ways possible! What if he was going to do it again? Don't they have a bit of a duty to take him in as soon as possible? The MSM so far seems to only say he was trailed for a few days. I wonder if they had him under surveillance for a long time and felt he was "contained" enough to not have the risk of this known dangerous person be free to kill again.

I hope this PCA contains enough evidence that we can learn about the investigative steps too.

I think they had the stranger DNA right away (maybe even by Monday morning). Surely by the time they announced that several people were "believed not to be involved," so by end of Week 1.

Because his DNA was not in CODIS and they needed a sample. They could not take samples of everyone in the region, so they focused on the Elantra - which clearly they have video of, coming and going on the night of the crime.

The Elantra led them to a criminology student in Pullman, who became a POI. They were likely watching him. I'm sure the BAU considered him to be no immediate risk (and he wasn't, they were right).

So they followed him to PA, and either went through the parents' trash or got a swipe of his DNA or his father's DNA or his mother's DNA from a car or a doorknob. Surreptitiously.

So they got a match to the DNA back at the crime scene. I think this is when Chief Fry got that noticeable twinkle in his eye.

Then, it's my understanding LE took about 4 days to plan how best to nab him with no one else dying.

I completely trust BAU and LE on this. He wasn't going to kill his own father. He went inside his parents' house and probably saw only his parents. He is not the kind of person who plots to kill his own parents and he didn't.

Chief Fry gave the exact reason. "We don't just want an arrest, we want a conviction."

BK is going to have a tough time wiggling out of the DNA evidence in this case. But they needed to match the crime scene DNA with someone and they can't just arrest BK for that reason. Having stranger DNA in a crime scene is not probable cause for arresting someone whose car was in the area. The subject was fleeing, yes, but in the company of a parent. And at winter break time. Perfectly normal behavior.

They needed the DNA match, full stop. He has no known connection to the people murdered. It's the link.

Not meant to disparage at all but what would attract BCK to WSU?
Grant, scholarship, cost? Isolated small town?

One of the few places that admitted him? Plus, it's in a lovely location. Isolated small town might be appealing (although nearby Moscow is even smaller). WSU has a student body almost 3X that of U of ID, IIRC.

BK's checkered academic past (including the time off for his apparent rehab and the fact that he's a late bloomer, graduating in Spring 2022 with a Master's at age 27-28 isn't typical, plus the school he graduated from is not a top 50 or even a top 100 school; and while his background is in psych and Criminal Justice (which is different from Criminology, but related) is in the ball park, he apparently has no actual experience working for, say, a law firm or a law enforcement agency or similar. His psych background is, apparently, community college and undergrad work.

His Master's thesis might have impressed them at WSU and his willingness to pay out of state tuition is probably a key reason he was admitted (typically, public universities get to keep the extra dollars from that).

I have been dumbfounded that no MSM has questioned something which to me is a glaring contradiction to what we have been told as the official story. The blood on the foundation went viral when it was shown. Two days ago, a crime scene tecnhician seen bending over just to take a swab of something that was speculated to be blood got major media source coverage.

Well, what about THIS blood ? ........ THIS IS IN THE HOUSE !

In the KITCHEN. I have taken a screen shot from the link below and labeled my observations to orient you to where and what things are in the photo.

65103395-11487643-As_cops_prepare_to_turn_over_the_house_back_to_its_landlord_the_-a-200_1670213711030.jpg

Eerie photos reveal inside the Idaho quadruple murder house

View attachment 391306

This is ten times as much blood as what was found on the cement foundation outdoors. Yet nobody has questioned it or asked how it got there. How is it possible if Xana and Ethan were killed in their bedroom and Mattie and Kaylee were in MADDIE'S bedroom that these five to six foot streams of blood could be here in the area where the refrigerator is ?

The room above where this blood is, is KAYLEE'S BEDROOM. But we're told she was not in her bedroom, she was in Maddie's. Maddies bedroom is on the far right side of the house---opposite side of the kitchen. The blood could not have originated from there either and traveled that far to conceivably drip through the ceiling. So how is it there ?

The location is corroborated by this photo link as the blood being in the kitchen.
View attachment 391312

The cabinets seen behind the police officer are the cabinets in my screen shot above on the right side of the kitchen. The photo was taken from the window to the right of the balcony door. The table is under the window that has all the food related items This puts the blood at the back of the room appearing to be the short foyer leading to the living room.

We were told that that the victims were stabbed in their bedrooms and found in their beds. At least certainly initially we were. If that is true then, either this has to be

streams of Kool-Aide
wine
photo shopping

OR BLOOD

I have not found any photo-shopping in my analysis as I see no pixels manipulated.

So, am I hallucinating or do you see blood streams that need an explantion ?
Respectfully, red stains in any photos are not deemed "blood" until forensics provides the stains tested proof positive for human blood.

Classmates of the Idaho quadruple murder suspect have said he became more chatty in their criminology class after November's quadruple-slaying - but turned silent when the killings themselves were discussed.

Bryan Kohberger, 28, was taken into custody by the Pennsylvania State Police on Friday morning more than 2,000 miles from where four university students were killed in their beds on November 13.

Students who attended Washington State University with Kohberger were shocked to learn that the quiet man in their classroom was the prime suspect in the brutal slaying.

BK Norton, who was in the same criminal justice graduate program with Kohberger, said her classmate appeared more animated and talkative following the murders.

'He seemed more upbeat and willing to carry a conversation,' she told the New York Times.

But Norton noted all his enthusiasm would go away and he would become 'quiet and deadpan' when the class would discuss the Idaho murder case.

==================================================================

Interesting tidbit ^^^^ from the most recent DM article...
Am I detecting a level of resentment, or a level of fear?
I know he will have excuses, but counsel is about to explain it isn't going to help in the court.

Has he failed school?
Did he fail criminology

I think they had the stranger DNA right away (maybe even by Monday morning). Surely by the time they announced that several people were "believed not to be involved," so by end of Week 1.

Because his DNA was not in CODIS and they needed a sample. They could not take samples of everyone in the region, so they focused on the Elantra - which clearly they have video of, coming and going on the night of the crime.

The Elantra led them to a criminology student in Pullman, who became a POI. They were likely watching him. I'm sure the BAU considered him to be no immediate risk (and he wasn't, they were right).

So they followed him to PA, and either went through the parents' trash or got a swipe of his DNA or his father's DNA or his mother's DNA from a car or a doorknob. Surreptitiously.

So they got a match to the DNA back at the crime scene. I think this is when Chief Fry got that noticeable twinkle in his eye.

Then, it's my understanding LE took about 4 days to plan how best to nab him with no one else dying.

I completely trust BAU and LE on this. He wasn't going to kill his own father. He went inside his parents' house and probably saw only his parents. He is not the kind of person who plots to kill his own parents and he didn't.

Chief Fry gave the exact reason. "We don't just want an arrest, we want a conviction."

BK is going to have a tough time wiggling out of the DNA evidence in this case. But they needed to match the crime scene DNA with someone and they can't just arrest BK for that reason. Having stranger DNA in a crime scene is not probable cause for arresting someone whose car was in the area. The subject was fleeing, yes, but in the company of a parent. And at winter break time. Perfectly normal behavior.

They needed the DNA match, full stop. He has no known connection to the people murdered. It's the link.

One of the few places that admitted him? Plus, it's in a lovely location. Isolated small town might be appealing (although nearby Moscow is even smaller). WSU has a student body almost 3X that of U of ID, IIRC.

BK's checkered academic past (including the time off for his apparent rehab and the fact that he's a late bloomer, graduating in Spring 2022 with a Master's at age 27-28 isn't typical, plus the school he graduated from is not a top 50 or even a top 100 school; and while his background is in psych and Criminal Justice (which is different from Criminology, but related) is in the ball park, he apparently has no actual experience working for, say, a law firm or a law enforcement agency or similar. His psych background is, apparently, community college and undergrad work.

His Master's thesis might have impressed them at WSU and his willingness to pay out of state tuition is probably a key reason he was admitted (typically, public universities get to keep the extra dollars from that).
Do most PhD students get grants and stipends that cover their tuition and living expenses?

I so agree... he IS 28 years old. I feel as if much of the discussions here are relating to him as if he is an early 20 something.

Mom owns his car.
Dad helps drive him home.

I still wonder where he was between 2012ish-2016/17. Everyone says how "smart" he is... why start at a community college so late--already into his 20s???

I really feel things are missing.
he went to a vocational school and was a school security guard... then he went to college and got a B.A. and an M.A. and was accepted to a Ph D program. He started out with little expectations and then he was successfully on a much more academic track and now he is so far off the track, he is possibly headed for prison. Is he one of those people who self sabotages on purpose? The article from his old friend says he was fat and bullied so then he got thin and fit and started bullying others...

"...But the relationship dissolved after Mcloughlin said Kohberger underwent a personality shift over the course of a summer.

Mcloughlin said Kohberger, 28, had been a “down to earth” and overweight teen when they wrapped up their junior year. When they started their senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and developed an “aggressive” personality."

A lot of things going on with this person over the years, IMO.

[…]

Jordan Serulneck, 34, lives in Center Valley, and is owner of Seven Sirens Brewing Company. Serulneck says Kohberger came to his brewery a few times and female staff would often complain about his behavior. Serulneck said the brewery is located in a college town and it’s not unusual for them to get “unusual characters,” but he remembered Kohberger from some interactions he had with female patrons and staff. He said Kohberger often come by himself, sit at the bar and be “observing and watching.”

Serulneck said staff scans everyone’s ID’s and they have a system where they can add notes about a patron that pop up whenever the ID is scanned.

“Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable.’” Serulneck said Kohberger would ask the female staff or customers who they were at the brewery with, where they lived. He said if the women blew him off, “he would get upset with them a little bit,” noting that one time he called one of his staff members a b---- when she refused to answer his questions.

These interactions were months ago, Serulneck said, likely when Kohberger was a student at DeSales. During their final interaction Serulneck said he approached Kohberger.

“I went up to him and I said, ‘Hey Bryan, welcome back. We appreciate you coming back. … I just wanted to talk to you real quick and make sure that you’re going to be respectful this time and we’re not going to have any issues.’" He said Kohberger was taken aback. "He was shocked that I was saying that, and he said, ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about. You totally have me confused.’” He said Kohberger had one beer and left and he never came back to the brewery.

[…]

WOW.

Not surprising that he's denying having committed the murders.

JMVHO.

he went to a vocational school and was a school security guard... then he went to college and got a B.A. and an M.A. and was accepted to a Ph D program. He started out with little expectations and then he was successfully on a much more academic track and now he is so far off the track, he is possibly headed for prison. Is he one of those people who self sabotages on purpose? The article from his old friend says he was fat and bullied so then he got thin and fit and started bullying others...

"...But the relationship dissolved after Mcloughlin said Kohberger underwent a personality shift over the course of a summer.

Mcloughlin said Kohberger, 28, had been a “down to earth” and overweight teen when they wrapped up their junior year. When they started their senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and developed an “aggressive” personality."

A lot of things going on with this person over the years, IMO.

Ill be interested to see any prior psych history. It could be life in a prison psych ward

WOW.

Not surprising that he's denying having committed the murders.

JMVHO.
He's about to have his metaphoric cajoles served on a platter. He thinks he can beat the system

I so agree... he IS 28 years old. I feel as if much of the discussions here are relating to him as if he is an early 20 something.

Mom owns his car.
Dad helps drive him home.

I still wonder where he was between 2012ish-2016/17. Everyone says how "smart" he is... why start at a community college so late--already into his 20s???

I really feel things are missing.

He was having issues with heroin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members