ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see the evidence and what it is that led them to this man and when they ‘knew’ it was him.

It is beyond risky to track him across the country, especially if he has another driver with him. How easy would it be to stop briefly in the middle of nowhere and slip out of the car.
Imagine being the officers that followed him. That would be cool. Id like that job.

And Laundrie. But:

It would have been hard to have heard absolutely nothing about these murders, even if you're not a news junkie. As a parent of students in school many states away, when I hear about murders anywhere in the vicinity of them, I immediately look it up. I do the same for anyone I know, really, and I'm not particularly honed in on tracking crime, just more general interest/concern about what's going on in areas people I care about are. Surely the parents knew WSU was near Idaho. And if you're the parent of a 28 yo male who needs company for the drive back home, I'm guessing you might need to be a parent who frets over their child.

That said, I can't imagine any parent leaping to, "I wonder if my man-child PhD student horrifically murdered those college students," unless they have a specific reason to do that. So, w/o knowing any specifics or history, not sure I'd jump to think they must have thought or suspected anything.

I ran a few numbers on driving vs flying. Est 850 RT to drive (regular gas; also add motel/hotel stay + food, so call it $1100-1200). RT flights from Pullman to scranton are expensive (~1500, based on the two date sets I pulled (January and June; didn't go searching for historical data and next December was too far out to get pricing using common flight booking sites)), and then you'd either be borrowing mom & dad's other car while there, or renting a car, which is about $50/day in scranton right now (and break is at least a couple weeks). So though I went looking for confirmation that driving made no sense, if money was an issue [seems likely], the quick data I found suggested that driving was much cheaper.
If he did not book a flight early, the flights near the holidays would be unavailable or $$$. IMO. Curious when his father booked a flight and if that was $$$.

CNN report cited earlier stated that BK and his father were cooperative with LE. No mention of Mother or siblings.
Why was the glass and door knob broken out of the parent’s front door?
Would SWAT team do that as a matter of course?
It is odd about the door, good question.
Siblings may be grown up and not living there. Dad may of told mom stay back, I’ll handle this?????

Sheer speculation, but from the photos it definitely looks as though he has a deviated septum. Could be from snorting something.
It could be. For what it’s worth, I’ve had 2 deviated septum surgeries, broken my nose 3 times, and my nose is bent and crooked maybe even a bit more than BK’s and the only drug I’ve done is smoke some weed.

I just assumed his dad was along because it was winter. We got stuck in an ice storm in Illinois once. There was no way, I would have want to have driven through that alone!
So the dad spent money on airfare to get to WA, then there's the expense of the car trip back to PA. And he possibly had to take off work to do so. Then BK has to drive back to school by himself, or the Dad drives back with him and then flies home? This doesn't make sense to me, especially for a 28 year old. I think BK indicated to his dad that he was in some sort of trouble - probably not the real trouble but needed support for some reason.

There is a small pond just to the east of his apartment complex in Pullman. That would be a good one to search if they haven't already. IMO he probably got rid of or stashed the knife in the area soon after the murders. He had a month or so to do that before he left for PA. I really doubt he would risk staying in possession of it for that long, especially if he knew they were looking for a white elantra, let alone take it with him and try to sneak it away during the trip without dad finding it or catching him with it.

ETA: He also could have taken a 30 minute drive to the south one day and chucked it into the Snake River.
Forensics could do metal analogy to determine the knife make using the minor swarf, if there was any.

From the MSM link:

'I went up to him and I said, 'Hey Bryan, welcome back. We appreciate you coming back. … I just wanted to talk to you real quick and make sure that you're going to be respectful this time and we're not going to have any issues.''

Serulneck said the 28-year-old was startled: 'He was shocked that I was saying that, and he said, 'I don't know what you're talking about. You totally have me confused.''

Kohberger never showed up at the bar again, and Serulneck didn't hear about him until he was taken into custody by Pennsylvania State Police on Friday morning, more than 2,000 miles from where four university students were killed in their beds on November 13.

I believe knowing BK frequented a PA brewery could prove critical here as opposed to the dive campus tavern in Moscow favored by younger undergraduates including M & K. I also think it's safe to say that the Corner Bar was thoroughly scrubbed for details by LE since Nov 13.

However, we know that Ethan and his two siblings attended a party on the night of the massacre hosted by his sister's sorority.

IMO, the event was held at a brewery located in Moscow. I believe this venue (potentially with many young, partying Greek women present on Sat night) to be a more suitable staging place for a personality like BK.

Then again was Ethan the target of BK's rage? Did Ethan step in and ask BK to stop annoying the dancing women-- shades of his alleged HS bullying?

Or did BK previously encounter Xana who frequented WSU where her sister attended University? We also don't know that Xana did not travel to Pullman while Ethan was attending his sister's party earlier in the evening.

I can't say I've seen any attempts to study the victimology of any of the other residents of King Road beyond M & K and it's naive not to broaden the scope given the known arrest. MOO

“He was our our daughter Maizie’s date, and his brother was Maizie’s roommates date,” Chapin’s mother, Stacy Chapin, said in an interview Wednesday. The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie’s sorority. “They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We’re all thankful that they spent that time together.”

I’m curious, any posters located in Pennsylvania, what was the media coverage like regarding the case and particularly, the Hyundai? I’ve noticed a number of posters based in the States saying the case was getting very little coverage and I’m curious if LE made sure PA (think that’s the correct abbreviation!) got additional coverage knowing he was there/family was there.
I live in south central PA but work closer to Harrisburg. I drive I81. Those digital billboards are stationed along that route for amber alerts, accidents severe weather etc. I never once saw that car posted on any of the signs I pass.

“Some Other Dude Did It.”

I expect we’ll hear this again when he gets back to Idaho.
I fear we're in for the main act.
I actually do dread it because it's likely to take us into a psyche we do not know or like.

when I heard the first interview with Brendt Christensen, though I worked it for two solid years here to the exclusion of all other cases and I knew uit well, I started to shake and I shook for quite a while. A long while.

I don't think he is a meth person. Maybe coke but where would he get it? How would he support it? Where would he get any drug for that matter? I bet he has spice history.

I wonder if he is going to have his own tight circle of friends despite being generally portrayed as a loner in media?
I low-key suspect perhaps any friends were mostly online, but I also think maybe he didn't really associate with anyone significantly.
Plus the weather. LE will have to ask family if he always intended to fly home at Christmas time. How long was his winter break?
Last day of classes was 12/9, final exams (undergrad) ended 12/16. Classes resume 1/10. Academic Calendar | Office of the Registrar

So minimum 3 weeks, for undergrad. No idea what a PhD student schedule looks like (grad schedule doesn't appear to be published separately), but I would expect at least the first semester to track the undergrad schedule.

Well, of course, can the bar prove he never went back, or can it quickly become a she said/he said/they said? Yesterday, on his DeSale page, IMO JMO IIRC, he'd participated on a gender differences team, so if that's true, the women's perspective from that would be more compelling IMO JMO.
No idea and hard to trust the journalism because they reckon they're racing for their lives to pull something and be FIRST..
They're likely to interview Santa Claus, such is their desperation.
It's very tiring, isn't it?

2012 --2016 he likely would have been undergrad school. and if he got his masters after that...prob not making more ey to get a car on his own.
Why start community college??? money...it's cheaper that's why. I don't think they/he have tons of money just sayin..
A lot of kids do 2 yrs CC and then transfer to university. A lot less expensive and you still get the degree from the university.

I have done it. Drove from Henderson nevada to pa and then back a month later. About the same length as Moscow to pa. For some people being on the road is nothing.
not only that, but there's no easy & cheap way to fly out of Pullman/Moscow to Allentown or Pittsburgh, and Seattle is a 5-hour plus drive from Pullman, Snoqualmie Pass can be a mess this time of year, etc. Plus, if he did pullman/moscow to PA flights, at least one or two stops. long day. The weather was moving in, but it wasn't there by 12.14, and after a couple of passes going east, 90 is not bad and is in some places really pretty. So IMO JMO lots of arguments can be made for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ