ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve also wondered if he took pictures or even a video of the crime. As he does not seem to have a social media presence- his intention would not be to share online to a community.
To revisit the crime scene virtually, I think so
To have them become part of historical record like other killers he has studied, I think so

I agree that he may intend to play games, where is the evidence Nov 13-Dec 30??

Someone has convinced him he is brilliant, and the media seems convinced. He cannot be.
A smart kid takes advanced courses in high school, receives a scholarship, graduates with a bachelors at 21 like Kaylee. and could do masters at 23, PhD by 25
Not genius to earn a MA at 28, he is FIVE years behind peers
This means he has always been one of the oldest in his college classes, he doesn’t fit

Why an inflated sense of self? Psychology is not the path of a criminal genius.
Psychology is toward neuroscience, a BA and MA avoids the math and science.
A PhD would include graduate level statistics. Where is his math and science background?

I guess he chose the knife because it is close and lets off anger and shows he is physically strong. But, that came with consequences…and he does not understand the nature of a stabbing in terms of forensic evidence- arterial blood spurt, blood splatter, cast off, DNA.

We overestimated this guy
So, What was his point? A degree began, a crime done halfway, a poor application of what he had learned?
The stabbings of four intoxicated young people in their sleep
Eluded capture for not quite two months
In hindsight this crime can’t be viewed by him or anyone as genius Or a Perfect Crime

It seems the criminal flop of an educated socially awkward <modsnip>, does it not?
A wake of destruction- and fear- for what?

JMO

There is nothing odd about a 28 year old starting a doctorate program.

HOWEVER,
I still want to know what was happening after high school. ALL of his bam-bam academics ONLY since 2017 or so....
What was happening after high school?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it been confirmed that BK did go to to rehab? Could someone post a link to that?

TIA.

I wondered the same thing. It never really made sense to me. Heroin addiction sometime in his late high school years, I believe there was one report that said it went possibly into college. But also been reported that he had a steady job, and that he had obviously made it through a bachelor's and masters program onto studying for a PhD. Without more detail, none of that makes any sense in my mind. IMO

Maybe the car did it?
Going by the article cited above, referencing someone who talked to BK and his father in an auto shop, taking the car for “maintenance” could be anything from an oil change to having new winter tires put on. If the car is registered in PA, and the inspection is due in the next few months, it would be routine to have a new state inspection done so the car would not have to be driven back to PA for that. There may have been a “check engine” light. Who knows? The father may have been the one making those decisions, and paying for the “maintenance” with no knowledge of the car’s notoriety.

There is nothing odd about a 28 year old starting a doctorate program.

HOWEVER,
I still want to know what was happening after high school. ALL of his bam-bam academics ONLY since 2017 or so....
What was happening after high school?

2012-2014 he was on vocational course about aircons and heating, dropped out just before the final exam

Is it wrong I find it hilarious how upset some of the internet sleuths are that they had no idea who this guy was and are still in denial

Regarding the murder weapon, could it be found by retracing his locations from his phone data?
Good thinking re murder weapon!
Never crossed my mind even though I reckon he did have his phone with him...

I think he has a superiority complex. He believes he is much smarter and wiser than the correctional officers keeping watch over him. I suspect they are checking on him very frequently and he is just giving them the big FU by ignoring them and not looking at them. He's not speaking to them because the expert PhD criminologist wants-to-be is much wiser and smarter than some "peon correctional jail guards"-(in his mind this is how he probably sees them). Plus he wants to control. IMO
It occurs to me that while the chance is low, I hope he isn't doing something to maim himself while "facing the wall" JMO

Do we know if next news conference? Tomorrow is the extradition hearing?
BK is not expected to contest being returned to ID so the hearing may be fairly short.

BE (NewsNation) is reporting from PA so I expect there will be coverage from outside the courtroom at minimum.

I don't think there's much more that can be said by Moscow PD until BK arrives in ID.

Nor would I, only by looking at the reg. if someone who knew BK knew his car was a 2015 plate, they might never suspect or report him?
I wouldn’t know the difference between a 2010-2022 elantra, regardless of color.
I'm really starting to believe that LE purposely gave out the wrong year so as not to alert the perp they were onto his vehicle. The front end, fog light areas are so different that they had to know it wasn't 2011-13. ...imo Unless they never had any cctv from the front which seems hard to believe.

Attachments

• 2011.JPG
    2011.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 2013.JPG
    2013.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 2015.JPG
    2015.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 14
Here’s my two cents:

1) If I had just committed a crime, the last place I would want to go is through airport security. So, for this reason, driving to PA makes the most sense IMO.

2) As a Criminology PhD student, it seems he would want to attend every press conference or vigil possible. And, discuss case in class or with family. This type of crime is his passion; and, IMO, it would be unusual for him to not analyze every last detail.
But if he has studied the psychology of criminals, wouldn’t he also know that “fascination” with the crime, appearing at memorial services, and inserting himself into the investigation can be a red flag from LE’s point of view?

'I watched your live (stream) earlier this afternoon, and been watching this one, and I uh- the thing that strikes me as kind of weird about all of this is, I live in a college town, and I've worked with at least ten Sigma Chi members.

The person then went on to shockingly claim that 'every single one of them has asked me if you are gonna kill somebody how would you get away with it.'

The bizarre statement appears to catch the host off-guard, but the caller - who speaks in a breathy, rambling voice - proceeds, offering a strange theory of his own.

'And, I just wonder if, maybe, just maybe, this is nothing more than some kid in a fraternity trying to prove himself.'

The podcaster at this point stops the caller, and attempts to ascertain the situation.

'So you said you worked with five Sigma Chi kids, and they asked you if you can kill somebody and get away with it? Did I hear that right?' he asks.

'Yeah,' the caller, who former classmate Arntz later insisted is Kohbergerm responds.
Friend of suspect murderer claims podcast caller IS Bryan Kohberger

I would not be surprised if it was BK that called in to the podcast. If so it will be revealed eventually as the case heads toward prosecution. It would track for what I believe about his personality type if he wanted to deflect attention towards a culture he simultaneously envied and disparaged. Those haves, who have it so easy, those frat boys who get all the girls and attention while he, and his brilliant mind are ignored, invisible, except for when people note and call attention to his social awkwardness in negative ways.
I believe the podcast host was able to trace the call, and verified that the caller was not BK.

The hubcap difference between 2013 and 2015 is substantial.
Maybe he had a set of 2013s he used that night to undermine identication.
I doubt most people wouldn't notice hubcaps unless they were really unusual or one was missing, much less use them to identify a model year. Plus, he doesn't make much money. If he were going to spend money to make it harder to identify him, I think there are alot of things he spend it on that would be more effective than hubcaps. JMO :)

Catching up....

Can someone confirm about BK's lawyer.
He is just an extradition lawyer dealing with the states of Pen/Was and BK will get to choose/or wil be appointed different legal counsel for the idaho murder trial?

But no one ever really thinks guys like this that they know, are threats. I have a neighbor whose 31 year old nephew lives with her. He is a complete loser, holds down a PT job, which kind of amazes me. He still cannot drive and he is obsessed with Pokémon. He is socially inept. Doesn't date at all. Yet he seems to think his life is perfectly normal and clearly has no intention of changing. But, I would never think he would be violent. So, how on earth do you separate weird from dangerous? Unless they discuss or post about acts of violence, I don't really think you can.
Part of the problem is there is no funding for mental health. Our young people face so many more things than the older generations. Much of the professionals in mental health are not paid enough to even have a decent lifestyle. I suggest our culture shifts from celebrating supposed celebrities and considers that we are in a crisis nationwide with our youth and get some help for people that are struggling. There are many.

Thinking back to pre-arrest discussions, LE was asking for information about the white car the day of the murders and in the days before , if I recall correctly. I wonder if this means he was stalking the victims and/or casing the house before he finally decided to strike? If so, I wonder why he decided that night was the night? JMO

Great question, why Nov 13? Chosen for a date?

Maybe it was because he was a student, and Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays coming up
Those holidays may slow things down, I think it may have by making witnesses more difficult to reach?

Could be a connection to Kaylee and her coming back to Moscow?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member