ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if this has been posted since the threads are moving so fast but it appears that him and his father were pulled over twice in a row in Indiana while driving to Pennsylvania.

Wonder if they were pulled over because LE just wanted to check in with the situation (was Dad OK?). Especially on the one where he was pulled over for following too closely. Does that happen very often?

Catching up....

Can someone confirm about BK's lawyer.
He is just an extradition lawyer dealing with the states of Pen/Was and BK will get to choose/or wil be appointed different legal counsel for the idaho murder trial?
Just for extradition hearing. New counsel in Idaho, whichi read will be a public defender as private attorney is too expensive, all of that info came from LaBar

Going by the article cited above, referencing someone who talked to BK and his father in an auto shop, taking the car for “maintenance” could be anything from an oil change to having new winter tires put on. If the car is registered in PA, and the inspection is due in the next few months, it would be routine to have a new state inspection done so the car would not have to be driven back to PA for that. There may have been a “check engine” light. Who knows? The father may have been the one making those decisions, and paying for the “maintenance” with no knowledge of the car’s notoriety.
Maybe he was having the car detailed to make sure even more clean-up was done in addition to what he himself probably did. Who knows?

I think he's actually being a good advance defense attorney. Laying some groundwork and trying to get some good PR out there for his temporary client. Bk's new PD in Idaho can just step right in. It's absolutely critical BK have good and capable representation. JMO. Mentioning a couple of potential traffic violations during a road trip has no bearing on his murder trial, IMO.

BTW I looked on Indiana mycase and don't see any tickets. Not every county participates in mycase.

I assume ISP would at least have taken note of a white Elantra speeding through Indiana? It also seems weird to be pulled over for following too closely on a highway. I’m suspicious :). Which is why I’m here.

I’m not sure if this has been posted since the threads are moving so fast but it appears that him and his father were pulled over twice in a row in Indiana while driving to Pennsylvania.

That's interesting. In addition, BK's attorney talks a lot IMO. I can't recall that being the norm for an attorney, MOO.

I have to be careful in my thinking not to give this guy credit he hasn’t earned
All of us here have followed true crime and learned all the many ways perps have acted in an attempt not to get caught.

This guy who seems ahead of LE
We are unsure if LE has anything of worth on him, are they doing a good job?
His rep gets elevated, thinking he is winning, hoping he is caught
He is caught, sooner than we thought
The truth comes out
He made mistakes
No historical crime spree here
Mistakes of common sense- his white car was seen, caught on video, DNA left at the scene, traffic ticket in city of crime while he lives elsewhere
And then we find out he is a CJ, psychology, criminology grad student and expect more

I for one am glad he is caught, but almost disappointed he isn’t impressive, another loser
We may project our own thoughts on these perps, and find out they don't think like us

Not so scary after all, Whew!

JMO
I understand what you are saying, but I almost find it scarier that somebody with the capacity to brazenly walk into a house and brutally butcher four people could then return to their daily life, including going to class, grading papers, driving across college country with dad. He wasn’t a violent drifter who happened to pop up. He is a cold, calculating predator who can blend in. IMO

BK wants to clear his name in Idaho with quick extradition. Or is it to get far away from people in PA? He wants trial far away thinking no one can come in to embarrass him? Does he think his professors etc will help him out of this? Wasting no time?

There is nothing odd about a 28 year old starting a doctorate program.

HOWEVER,
I still want to know what was happening after high school. ALL of his bam-bam academics ONLY since 2017 or so....
What was happening after high school?
Can someone fill in/ correct timeline-

Graduated Pleasant Valley High School:?
Associates Degree, Northampton Community College: 2018
Bachelor’s Degree, DeSales: 2020
Master’s Degree, DeSales: 2022
Part time Security Officer, Pleasant Valley High School : ? (Including 2021)

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for off topic incel discussion>
A mother who posted a poem written by her daughter about Uvelde violence against children and two sisters in the mental health field - plenty of empathy in the family. Father who flew across the country to drive son home, at extra cost with hotels and food etc. The family filed for bankruptcy twice. Money was scarce growing up. PhD programs are expensive. Working class parents. Three children who obtained decent educations. Where was money for heroin? And periods of unemployment while in rehab? From a financial point of view, the family sacrifices for their troubled youngest son, daily, unquestioning sacrifices from since baby brother was born MOO. Further coddling by schools accepting federal loan funds. Associate Professor Michelle Bulger, who never met her online student in person, declaring that BK was "brilliant" and should pursue a PhD. Coddled by women who didn't really know him, who didn't bother or were too afraid to look closely at the MOO monster they coddled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catching up....

Can someone confirm about BK's lawyer.
He is just an extradition lawyer dealing with the states of Pen/Was and BK will get to choose/or wil be appointed different legal counsel for the idaho murder trial?
Yes he is NOT his lawyer for the charges related to the crimes, just the extradition. For now at least. Not sure what the plan is going forward.

Has it been confirmed that BK did go to to rehab? Could someone post a link to that?

TIA.
Given the "heavy heroin use" and rehab allegedly occurred in high school (10+years ago), according to quoted friend CA, I don't expect to see any clinic step up and confirm he was a patient just as I don't expect LE to confirm his alleged high school drug addiction anytime soon.

Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger was a ‘creep’ around HS girls, battled heroin addiction

One question--
The day of the murders was November 14,2022, correct?
Does anyone recall the day of his dad's arrival ?
At least a couple of weeks, right?
The reason why I ask, is because I wonder if he might want to put his knife
somewhere he could "visit" it before his dad arrives.

I assume ISP would at least have taken note of a white Elantra speeding through Indiana? It also seems weird to be pulled over for following too closely on a highway. I’m suspicious :). Which is why I’m here.
I dunno about other states, but honestly the tailgating around here on interstates is ridiculous. I'm in Indiana.

But if he has studied the psychology of criminals, wouldn’t he also know that “fascination” with the crime, appearing at memorial services, and inserting himself into the investigation can be a red flag from LE’s point of view?

He certainly knew the consequences of murdering someone, that is a really very big red flag, nevetheless he allegelly preffered to ignore it, went along and killed 4 people at once.

We are trying to explain in a racional and logical way actions of someine wno is everything but.

He was protected, too much IMO, all his life, by his family. He was the youngest, the only boy. All hard hits to the family, and there were few, were taken by his parents, shading him from the consequences as much as they could. The moment he left the shelter of his home, he failed horribly leaving everyone around him to pay the price.

It is very sad. So many lives wasted.

One question--
The day of the murders was November 14,2022, correct?
Does anyone recall the day of his dad's arrival ?
At least a couple of weeks, right?
The reason why I ask, is because I wonder if he might want to put his knife
somewhere he could "visit" it before his dad arrives.
13th of November 2022. Murders

[[[ETA. Still not caught up on reading, but adding this from subsequent Tweet Sorry no link, atm) by Lauren:
“This is the same attorney that BK used. By taking BK's parents on as clients, he has made himself a witness.
Oops hit enter and didn't finish my thought.
What this means is that anything BK told LaBar is discoverable by the prosecution.”

Me again: I doubt BCK’s parents or other fam engaged LaBar to rep them. I imagine LaBar took some LIBERTY IN DRAFTING this press release. Imo jmo moo]]]

*CNN Profiles - Lauren del Valle - Producer
CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos › profiles › lauren-del-valle
Lauren del Valle is a Producer in CNN's New York Bureau.

I’m quite confident she’s wrong. For multiple reasons. From just a factual standpoint, he’s not a witness. He didn’t get involved until after BK was arrested, there’s nothing for him to witness. The only thing he could conceivably have witnessed would be if the parents told him things that BK had told them. But, still won’t make him a relevant witness, because (1) hearsay - no exception applies; and (2) privilege, if he indeed took the parents on as clients.

From a legal standpoint, being a witness or concurrently representing a witness does not break privilege. Conflict issues can arise, but that would just require him to withdraw as counsel.

That said, it was probably unwise of him to blur that line by doing anything on behalf of BK’s parents.

I am just returning to this site. Not here since Jon-Benet. I want to congratulate the Moscow PD for early calling in help from FBI and others so that this case can be solved. Seems like brilliant work all around from all those involved. So many times I have seen egos and turf wars get in the way of cooperation. Much respect to all involved in working to solve this horrendous crime.
100%

Given the "heavy heroin use" and rehab allegedly occurred in high school (10+years ago), according to quoted friend CA, I don't expect to see any clinic step up and confirm he was a patient just as I don't expect LE to confirm his alleged high school drug addiction anytime soon.

Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger was a ‘creep’ around HS girls, battled heroin addiction
I'm leaning towards just because BK said it doesn't make it true on the heroin addiction.

There’s a lot of chat about him being smart or not, and using his age to take away from his education. IMO, anyone who gets a masters degree is intelligent, as it is not easy. Same with a PHD.

Not trying to defend him at ALL but people graduate and go to school at all different timelines. I would hate that someone thought less of me because I finished my masters at 26 (like I did) instead of 23.
Agree. The age that people get various degrees is often driven by finances. Many have to work for a while and go to school for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member