ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think BK knew there were 2 living downstairs? If he did know, why leave them alone?

On the subject of HVAC, is it possible that the victims had been drugged by a substance in the ventilation system? I haven't followed the case as closely as many (or most) of you, but I can't understand how four people were murdered so violently without anyone hearing them. I get that they had been partying and might have been intoxicated, but were there no screams or sounds of a struggle by any of the victims? I had wondered about carbon monoxide poisoning earlier, and now that I've learned about BK's (alleged) knowledge of HVAC, I can't help wondering if something like this happened. JMO
Could also be why the two remaining roommates slept so soundly, not awakening during the crime but much later the next morning.

Why did he choose WSU?
I can’t see a connection at WSU to what I assume are his interests.
Any ideas?

These are topics of recent publications by CJ at WSU.
  • Legalization of Marijuana and CJ
  • Gender and CJ
  • Pronouns of Arrest
  • LGBT And CJ
  • Domestic Violence
  • Corona and Prisons

WSU CJ Recent Publications

JMO
WSU has a PhD program in criminal justice. The grad school for criminal justice /criminology is ranked #23 (tie with 2 others) of a total of 42 ranked.

In other words, it's a decent school to pursue this level of study for this subject. BCK had a fairly undistinguished academic pedigree, so a solid, middle-of-the-pack program was probably a great outcome.

WSU has recent grads researching and/or teaching at a number of universities.

Assistantships (which it has been said BCK had) result in a tuition waiver, reducing tuition to a little over $1000/semester.

Why wouldn't he go to WSU?

So his family will be in court tomorrow at the extradition hearing, according to BK's attorney in PA. Two sisters and his parents.
Do we know if there will be cameras?

Agree. And to prevent avoid the suspect’s suicide.
Which is probably a stretch…as his type rarely resorts to such measures. They threaten it all the time, in support and proclamation of their innocence. But they rarely follow through. It actually makes one seem or appear MORE guilty in my opinion. Remember the famous slow speed chase of a white bronco on a LA freeway? Nonetheless LE is obligated to take safety measures such as having the suspect wear the suicide turtle suit. To protect against the liability and mitigate the possibility. JMOO

If he’d planned it that carefully, he wouldn’t have driven the Elantra to the scene in
Planning and actually being intelligent about said plans are two diff things…

But my real point was more that I don’t think his dad had any idea about the crime his son is being accused of (JMO). And that perhaps trying to take the car away from the area (after the search for the car was made public), whilst arousing little suspicious, having a father and son duo was really a decent cover up that wouldn’t be as suspicious as a single lone male. JMO

I had insomnia this morning and was awake around 4am. I found myself thinking about this case, and reflecting on how vulnerable those four victims were. They were most likely in extremely deep sleep, (any alcohol involved as well? idk), in their own beds, the place most of us feel entirely safe.

To find an intruder on top of you with a huge knife, intent on killing you, when it is completely dark and you have been jolted out of the deepest sleep, it is up there with being one the worst nightmares most of us can imagine.

So let’s go back to the Jack-In-The-Box food bag seen in early pics on the victims porch. There is not a Jack-in-the Box in Moscow that I could find….but there is one in Pullman, WA.

Pure speculation, but did the kids go to Pullman very often to eat or pick up food or to just to hang out with other college kids… and possibly cross paths with BK while up there? When & who went to Jack-In-The-Box? And, I hope the food bag contents were checked for DNA….findings could be helpful. I’m assuming the bag belonged to one of the students, but you never know, it could have been left behind by “someone else” as a little tease for LE.

Also, I’m wondering if LE has further video that they haven’t publicly revealed of the Elantra returning to WA on Nov 13th that correlates with the time line? I think LE has a lot of information that they’ve held close to the vest. As they’ve said all along, they aren’t just looking for an arrest but for a conviction. IMO, BK wouldn’t have been surveilled and subsequently arrested 2500 miles away if LE was not 100% certain they had the right guy. This next week will be very interesting.

I think some are giving him way too much credit
He had a rep of a guy who is rude to women and has a temper Fox 29 Philly
He drove a white car at night around the crime scene to case it out, and was seen
He drove this white car past home cameras and gas station cameras
He left his DNA at the crime scene
He lived 10 min away
He drove this same car on campus

He left a series of ’research’ questions to help him ’learn’ how to do crime? Weird

He got caught because he left a wake of evidence, despite having degrees in CJ?

I’m guessing there is also phone pings and digital footprint evidence, and then he likely went to the restaurant or bars where these girls went so he was seen and known to be a jerk.

He is not some criminal mastermind like so many are thinking
I think he was tipped in by a classmate or prof

JMO

Couldn't agree more. It fits very with the profile of many other convicted killers of a certain type (particularly serial killers of a certain type).

I think this guy may go down in social science history (including criminology) as one of the best (eg. dumbest) of this type of criminal. He's absolutely no Joe DeAngelo/criminal mastermind.

I too think he left tons and tons of digital evidence. He seems to have been obsessed with other aspects of planning this crime and I am not sure he could find his way around Pullman/Moscow without Google (although he may have left his phone at home that night, which is of course just another piece of evidence against him).

I'm beginning to think he's the classic "wanted to get caught" kind of perp. Had he not been caught this time, he would have planned again. And I think they're going to find loads and loads on his computer (which I doubt he erased and reformatted). But even if he did, FBI should be able to recover some things (and they know his IP address, obviously, so they can subpoena records from all the search engine companies - but he probably just Googled or used DuckDuck).

I predict there will be about 10 different clear evidence pathways to convicting this person.

On the subject of HVAC, is it possible that the victims had been drugged by a substance in the ventilation system? I haven't followed the case as closely as many (or most) of you, but I can't understand how four people were murdered so violently without anyone hearing them. I get that they had been partying and might have been intoxicated, but were there no screams or sounds of a struggle by any of the victims? I had wondered about carbon monoxide poisoning earlier, and now that I've learned about BK's (alleged) knowledge of HVAC, I can't help wondering if something like this happened. JMO
Is it possible? Anything is possible but is it likely? IMO no. If that were the case the killer himself would become incapacitated as well, or at least experience diminished capability.

That could easily be that he is just laying on his bunk facing away from the door and the camera... Speculating here, but I would imagine that is the way most people in jail would act or sleep.
Plus why are these guards giving interviews to the media??
I don’t know but there’s no confidentiality in prison, except when it comes to medical issues. So I guess it’s legal.

WSU has a PhD program in criminal justice. The grad school for criminal justice /criminology is ranked #23 (tie with 2 others) of a total of 42 ranked.

In other words, it's a decent school to pursue this level of study for this subject. BCK had a fairly undistinguished academic pedigree, so a solid, middle-of-the-pack program was probably a great outcome.

WSU has recent grads researching and/or teaching at a number of universities.

Assistantships (which it has been said BCK had) result in a tuition waiver, reducing tuition to a little over $1000/semester.

Why wouldn't he go to WSU?
The financial part. It fit within his financial capacity and pursuit. He could have landed anywhere. He chose a school where he was accepted and even possibly encouraged to attend. I hope this all comes out in the unwinding process. JMOO.

I think he already knew about the ramifications of getting caught as he has surely studied them. He knows mass murderers and serial killers are studied by many, written about, etc. However it is hard for me to reconcile him wanting to commit this act for the act and also for the notoriety or even competition at the same time. But, that is exactly what it seems like to me. Although I am far from educated on the subject. MOO

It's a difficult thing to understand...isn't it? I think, if he DID commit these acts, he's in it for all those things you mentioned. The act. The aftermath. The fame.

I'm certainly not an expert on forensic psychology (although I find it fascinating) and am simply a novice crime junkie....just going with the gut.

(That said, there is still a possibility that this was a targeted, personal, revenge type of crime, and if that's the case, everything changes)

So let’s go back to the Jack-In-The-Box food bag seen in early pics on the victims porch. There is not a Jack-in-the Box in Moscow that I could find….but there is one in Pullman, WA.

Pure speculation, but did the kids go to Pullman very often to eat or pick up food or to just to hang out with other college kids… and possibly cross paths with BK while up there? When & who went to Jack-In-The-Box? And, I hope the food bag contents were checked for DNA….findings could be helpful. I’m assuming the bag belonged to one of the students, but you never know, it could have been left behind by “someone else” as a little tease for LE.

Also, I’m wondering if LE has further video that they haven’t publicly revealed of the Elantra returning to WA on Nov 13th that correlates with the time line? I think LE has a lot of information that they’ve held close to the vest. As they’ve said all along, they aren’t just looking for an arrest but for a conviction. IMO, BK wouldn’t have been surveilled and subsequently arrested 2500 miles away if LE was not 100% certain they had the right guy. This next week will be very interesting.
Xana's name was on the Jack in the Box bag. I believe she or EC had a connection to WSU. (One of their sibling is attending school there)

IMHO Unfortunately, there is no right answer or best way to say something when your child is "alleged" to have committed horrible crimes. They did, at least, mention the victims and their families. Sadly, there have been cases where the court of public opinion has made the judicial process painful for all involved. In some cases the outcome is not what the public expected or wanted.
This is just the beginning of a long drawn out process that these poor families are reliving every day. I can't imagine what it is like to see the pictures of your murdered child flashed on screen daily.
It will surprise me if BK gets all chatty over this. I noticed his attorney in PA mentioned BK being "shocked" by his arrest.
My spidey sense says his shock is not from his involvement but of being caught. He may have felt he covered all the bases but deep inside he knew mistakes were made.
The picture of BK being painted is not pretty and the more about him released will make it seem like Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

I may be totally off base, but I don’t see him trying to use results of a psychological evaluation to get out of this; I see him as more likely to double down with absolute denial of (presumed) evidence. I don’t see him as someone who would be willing to be seen as “weak” or “vulnerable” in any way. I think he’s going to stare down any- and everyone who challenges his story in any way, and I think he would be insulted by the suggestion that he had a flaw.

I also want to be clear that I am not saying that a history of mental health care is a weakness; I am a mental health professional and absolutely do not believe that. My sense of BK is that he may see it that way, though, and I think he would go down absolutely denying he did this even if there were (or is) incontrovertible evidence of his having done so. JMO of course.

Not sure what the issue is on the Elantra model years. Wheel bolt pattern is identical 5x114.3 meaning any kind of wheels and tires with that pattern and ultra common tire size could be on it. Sure a defense attorney will attack it but a preliminary identification law enforcement gave, based on a still from a video that off by a couple of years is not going to be a problem for prosecution. from the side there is virtually nbo differnce in staying and geometry one would see between 2013 and 2015 in the dark.
Even if this suspect was driving a white Toyota four door sedan when caught, I think what will matter most is if there are any microscopic blood traces from any of the victims or fibers from their apartment etc. in that vehicle, not being off by a model year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57