ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that people have opinions and want to express them. That's to be expected.

I'm struggling with how to express what I'm feeling. I'm still trying to flesh this out into a cogent linear thought, but I guess I'm just viscerally uncomfortable with the salacious gossipy nature of the news stories I've seen. It seems like everyone who Bryan Kohberger ever interacted with is coming forward to tell the world what a quiet, creepy, socially awkward, angry introvert he is. I haven't thought through every possible consequence, but I'm troubled by the possibilities.

I thought the same thing about there being so many people coming out of the woodwork now. There is whole lot being noticed (and mentioned) now in hindsight, isn't there? It's concerning because the vast majority of these things were not seen or considered as red flags or creepy back when they happened.

Yes, it has been reported that his phone pinged as often being at the same locations as the victims for 2 or 3 weeks prior to the murders. And yes, it does appear that he may have been stalking his victims but don't forget, we have not seen any proof of that AND BK still has to be considered innocent UNTIL proven guilty, per the U.S Constitution.

In regards to BK breaking into their King Rd house, police have already said numerous times that there was no sign of forced entry so, technically, he did not break in......unless he was "that good" so as to not leave a sign or you know something I don't. :D;)
The report that came from was based on a DailyMail story which was based on an anonymous text message screenshot. Then the NYPost cited the DailyMail as their source. In effect laundering the untrusty screenshot.

A part of me wants to believe that screenshot though. As it backs up my hunch that local PA police was keeping an eye on BK from the day he arrived all the up until the day ID LE secured their affidavit (4 days before his arrest). At the point the FBI took over.

Remember, local LE has likely been involved for weeks now since the car is registered to his mother and we know he was in PA for thanksgiving.

Also, entering any residence with the intent to commit a crime is burglary. Doesn’t matter if the door was unlocked and it doesn’t matter if you walk away with anything or not.

Very informative report, thanks for posting it.

The forensic team has BK's DNA from the CS. Where was it? Was he injured when Xana defended herself?

Blood is slippery. Did his hand slip on the blade of the weapon? Is that why he left before going downstairs?

Were his hands messy and sticky so he washed them in the kitchen sink before leaving? Crime Scene Detectives typically test water pipes and drains, even check the washing machine for blood.

Did detectives find and mark any shoe prints found around the CS?
DNA can come from a lot of sources. Sweat, saliva, blood, urine, mucus, tears, semen, ear wax, skin, hair, etc. We have zero idea of what the scene contained. There may have been something obvious that was a foreign DNA sample. Heck, he might have used the toilet and not flushed.

Part of me wants to know what DNA and where found and part of me does not.

I wonder if people could have been talking about the Idaho attorney he’ll have to get, as well as the Pennsylvania one he has now? Or, there was talk here today that he’d need to have two Idaho death-penalty-qualified attorneys? Could one of those ideas have produced the ‘two attorneys’ concept?

Just my wild speculation
Yes! I asked earlier if he had been given his Idaho public defender yet since the Pennsylvania public defender will only handle the extradition hearing portion and not be going to Idaho with him.

Someone responded to me saying they did not know for sure but knew that Idaho requires 2 public defenders to represent someone in a death penalty case.

I’m sorry I don’t have the link or source anymore, I’ll try to find it to see if that is accurate or the law in Idaho for death penalty cases. But honestly it sounded reasonable.

Hope this helps clear up the two lawyer confusion.

RBBM

IMO, to keep BK thinking they'd never find his Elantra. Keep him within his comfort zone of thinking, "They'll never trace this back to me".

JMVHO.
I think LE was desperate for BK to feel inside his comfort zone---because if he went home for the Holidays and stressed out and snapped, we could have 4 more dead bodies in his wake. And perhaps his would make 5 more.

It's been like 5 weeks or something right? Unless you have some serious disease, chronic illness or are quite old, stuff can and will heal in much less time.
I mentioned earlier that I would have liked to have seen a full arm and hand pic in the mug shot and got shot down. If he stabbed himself or if one or more fought back he would still have scars of some sort. IMO Perhaps we sill see once he is in an Idaho courtroom.

Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, was arrested in his home state of Pennsylvania and charged with four counts of murder in the first degree, as well as felony burglary in connection with the stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students in November, according to Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson.

Authorities tracked the Idaho student killings suspect cross-country to Pennsylvania, sources say | CNN

Burglary just means he entered into a place with the intent to commit a crime; that doesn't necessarily mean he broke in. He could have entered in thru an unlocked door, as several people have speculated in several previous threads.

Thank you for the link though, I haven't seen any reports that he was actually tracked cross country. I've seen discussions but never saw an actual news report.

If an officer stops you just to give a verbal warning, would tags be run, would he call it in? I would think as a matter of procedure and safety , there would be a record/log of the stop, even if it didn't result in a ticket or written warning.
They are supposed to make a written log of every stop made---even if just for a warning or something like that. But do they always do it?

I know that most do make note of the license plate and car type/description, just in case they are assaulted or kidnapped---for safety's sake.

Wow! I just looked up that article. I wonder if he's intentionally setting himself up for an insanity plea or if he's off his reg meds. Btw, is there a way on this site to access what a comment is referring to? I could see who you were responding to but not the full thread, so missed original comment(s).
I believe it's been mentioned that Idaho does not recognize the insanity plea. If so, I guess he failed to do his research.

I am surprised to see the curiosity-seeking volunteer DNA database population suddenly turn into a crime investigation tool. I'm curious whether this is the first time genealogy has been used to trace DNA as soon as it is collected from a crime scene. We first heard about this investigative tool through cold case investigations.

I'm curious whether DNA Database comparison will eventually become the first tool used by investigators in solving crimes: check DNA to find relatives and narrow down suspect. Dystopia, utopia?
Ce Ce Moore is an American genetic genealogist who has been described as the country's foremost such entrepreneur and has helped law enforcement agencies in identifying suspects in over 50 cold casesin one year using DNA and genetic genealogy.

Ce Ce Moore has been working with genetic DNA since 2010. Google her and watch one of her shows with her leading the way

Last edited by a moderator:
He left his facial hair growing after 13th of Nov, it was noticed by his students
He had uncharacteristic facial hair, became more talkative, but said nothing about the murders. Next, he looked over tired and in need of uncharacteristic morning coffee. If he had not been arrested, he would have dealt with the stress of following through with a planned murder. He would have done it again. Like an unintelligent, calculating sociopath, he blew it. The car was identified and he left DNA evidence.

Book learning never amounts to authentic knowledge - studying murderers does not equate to knowing how to commit the perfect murder.

Despite hearing the history of addiction from Ms A, I'm still struggling with the fact it was heroin. 'Guess it doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things.

JMO
It could be that he used a slang term like "dope" or "crystal" and his friend got it confused possibly, if she wasn't on the up and up with the drug lingo.

so did he beat town because he knew they were closing in on him? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Many years ago I was flying to visit my sister outside Boise on a United Flight in 1987. US Marshalls were transporting a prisoner and took my seat because they were required to do so when carrying a gun specifically. The guy was in handcuffs of course. I had a seat in the back row and got bumped to First Class for free with unlimited champagne! I would imagine things are more strict now if not the same.
I was on a JetBlue flight from JFK-San Juan, PR on Christmas Day last week. Found out when deplaning that there had been a prisoner transfer on board. Wouldn’t have known except for the 3 or 4 federal marshals waiting in the jetway.

Definitely within “reasoning” as it’s not too far between locations. There are so many places this case can go. I hope LE has enough to curtail some of the wild rabbit holes before disappearing into each one.

Yet he often went on night runs of 7-miles and more (public statements from a friend). So it wouldn’t be out of his zone. And if he actually committed the crimes he was supercharged and amped with adrenaline - so he could run a preplanned exit route if he so chose. JMOO
Possibly, but wouldn't it be noticeable if someone was running 9 miles at 3 or 4 in the am? And he really wouldn't want to be pulled into an interaction with LE at that time. He likely would have been arrested then and there. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie