ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
To follow up on this great post, what must his father be thinking about the cross country trip he just had with his son. I wonder if he noticed any thing different with him but didn't ask. What conversations did they have?
Yeah, I wonder if he noticed any cuts, scratches, or scrapes on his son's hands or arms <modsnip: no source link>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point. He doesn't have that maniacal quality that people like Charlie had (Charles Manson) or Lanza.
Anyone who has had a mug shot taken, or has been arrested, pretty much all have that deer in the headlights "look" in their eyes, who wouldn't.

Right. He reminds me of those 1-2 students in the back row who on first day of class when I give a cheery hello, they just practice their resting B-face and stare back. If I smile at them, they continue with that same look. That's a bit odd, in terms of first day sociality and yep, it does act as a buzz kill.

They are going to be the same 1-2 students who argue about their grades (and there will be some sweet-faced ones who do too), Heck, sometimes half the class has that kind of look on first day (assertive, wary, challenging). But the back row guys who continue in that mode are always interesting. Other students will start avoiding them, especially women. They look very "straight" in the 70's use of the term, unapproachable. They will email all their questions, they will refuse to ask them in class. If they do talk in class, they will start an argument that's off-topic, but usually, they're just really quiet except for the emails.

Of course, BK has every reason to put on that face in the booking room. But I still think these guys practice keeping a more still, stoney face, whereas other young men naturally smile, their faces show attention and engagement and cooperation, etc.

I totally agree. I don’t think he looks weird or creepy, nor do I think his eyes have that crazed or dead look. He could be anyone in an office building, on the street or at at an university. Jmo. Please don’t dox me :)

Well, I don't think he could be just "anyone" in an office with that look. But his look is more appropriate in a booking room. And many people aren't able to look that composed in a booking photo, especially with charges like these.

Last edited:
Can anyone provide info on the reasons that allowed police to enter during the night?
@Allabouttrial provided a transcript earlier on this thread: ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Here are some of the lines:

"Reporter - Can you give any insight into why you all decided to go in overnight to make the arrest?.

Major - Those are tactical decisions in terms of surveillance. I don't want to give out too many tactical factors that go into that situation, but, obviously, surveillance was conducted and we wanted to go in at a time when we thought it would be the safest for everybody. Safest for anybody else in the house, safest for Mr. Kohberger and safest for our people."

"Reporter - Did you break down the door?

Major - Force was used. The warrants were issued for evening search warrants, which in Pennsylvania requires additional probable cause in order to serve them at the hours of darkness. I would defer to the first assistant to talk about the legal burden that you bear in order to obtain those, but from a tactical standpoint, based upon all of the briefings that we had developed and all of the intelligence we had developed, we thought that was the best time to serve it."

"Reporter - Can you confirm or deny that a window was broken in order to gain access into the home?.

Major - There were multiple windows that were broken, I believe, to gain access, as well as multiple doors and I think the video of the house, after the fact, confirms that, and that would all be part of the tactical plan based on the floor plan of the house etc. and what the SERT operators would do to serve those warrants."

Totally agree hence my skinny Jonah Hill comment. I’m sure we all look like lunatics when someone is peering at us through the lense of a quadruple murder. If he approached me in a bar and could hold a normal conversation I’d probably accept a drink! :p:oops:

Based on reports, I doubt he'd be able to hold a 'normal' conversation.. JMO

Can anyone see the ignition area of the 2015 Hyundai in the traffic stop video? I think it’s at about :11 but I can’t zoom in enough to see it.

Indiana traffic stop

Some MSM sources including this one show 2015 Hyundais as part of the group that has been the subject of Tik Tok videos showing how some vehicles can be easily stolen.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/hyundai-to-fight-theft-problem-with-security-kit/

The video explains what the ignition of the easy-to-steal vehicles looks like.

Should we be anticipating a “Someone must have stolen my car!” defense?

Last edited:
Agreed . ^^^

Thankful as always that there are the two survivors !!!!!
They can tell -- and may be called to testify -- that he was not a visitor there at the house (assuming, as there's no social links afaik ?) , and thus his dna shouldn't have been there ?
How is his defense going to work around this one ?
I'm sorry for how this has and will continue to impact their lives.
I'm grateful for my own life that had some speed bumps, but was completely uneventful crime-wise ; what a burden these young people have to carry !
Hope the pain will ease a bit for them as this case moves forward.
Unfortunately we've seen body cam footage of people partying there when none of the residents were home. Hopefully the DNA will be directly connected to the crime scene though.

I mentioned on the other thread how he must've thought he took enough precautions, might've arrogantly thought so, laying down plastic in the car or wiping the inside down. However, from the traffic stop pics, it doesn't look like he took it to the car wash or did much interior detailing. I don't think he was fearful because he could've driven to a far off car wash, and should've done so several times right after the murders, but looks like he didn't. I think he thought he took precautions and did it right. MOO, LE will find some link to the crime scene inside that car, be it fibers from the crime scene, dog hairs, or Blood and DNA, and now you've added maybe soil microbes. ALL MOO
Yeh. Why in the world didn’t he wash his car in PA? Wait, I’m thinking out loud. Maybe he did in between his traffic stops and the arrest : /

I hope not because there was a lot of grime built up on that car
Can anyone see the ignition area of the 2015 Hyundai in the traffic stop video? I think it’s at about :11.

Indiana traffic stop

Some MSM sources including this one show 2015 Hyundais as part of the group that has been the subject of Tik Tok videos showing how some vehicles can be easily stolen.

Hyundai/Kia theft

The video explains what the ignition of the easy-to-steal vehiclues.

Should we be anticipating a “Someone must have stolen my car!” defense?
i am wondering if he will say a classmate or colleague with a criminal mastermind framed him and used his car and planted his dna at the scene

This is the face of a guy who thought he’d been pulled over for the murders.

I know! What nerve he has for looking aggravated when pulled over?! That’s an odd visual reaction to project to authorities.

Why do you think his Mother covered her face to enter the courthouse?

IMO this would be a standard entrance for LE in a case such as this. Politely knocking and waiting for someone to answer would give the POI ample time to do god knows what. Barging into the house in the middle of the night while everyone is fast asleep is in itself a tactic to ensure the POI doesn’t harm themselves, arm themselves or destroy evidence.
IMO I think it's a little dramatic but they were likely concerned he might kill himself if he thought this whole time he got away with it and then one day, knock knock. They also might have been concerned that he'd try to destroy electronic evidence - that can happen in minutes or seconds.

Personally I don't know if breaking windows after midnight is safer than stopping him in a car or confronting him on the street. You'd worry about the other residents in the house.

To the legal buffs, when can we expect a little more info to be unsealed and or released by LE? Friday when he is brought back?

I know! What nerve he has for looking aggravated when pulled over?! That’s an odd visual reaction to project to authorities.

Why do you think his Mother covered her face to enter the courthouse?
Annoyed, but def scared too. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Was BK watching and waiting for those 4 to be together?

Xanas boyfriend just happened to spend the night and Kaylee was moving away.

If it were about being an incel, if it were about the house being an easy target then he could've struck at any time. Or another house for that matter.

Killing 4 people in that manner seems like no easy feat especially for one person not to mention for a "first time SK". Is it possible he had help? Or that he's done something like this before?

Just speculation but I cant help thinking he subdued them in some way prior to killing them. JMO.

IMO I think it's a little dramatic but they were likely concerned he might kill himself if he thought this whole time he got away with it and then one day, knock knock. They also might have been concerned that he'd try to destroy electronic evidence - that can happen in minutes or seconds.

Personally I don't know if breaking windows after midnight is safer than stopping him in a car or confronting him on the street. You'd worry about the other residents in the house.
Almost all of these cases end in a traffic stop, as it’s much safer than conducting a raid on the house. All I can think is they knew there wasn’t a gun there.

Can anyone provide info on the reasons that allowed police to enter during the night?

Are you asking about the extra "probable cause" requirements?

I would think it's use of a weapon in 4 homicides, flight from the place of the homicide, possibility of other arms inside the house not ruled out, BAU says he's a homicide/suicide risk, etc.

Judge looked at the case and agreed pretty quickly, I'd guess.

Are you asking about the extra "probable cause" requirements?

I would think it's use of a weapon in 4 homicides, flight from the place of the homicide, possibility of other arms inside the house not ruled out, BAU says he's a homicide/suicide risk, etc.

Judge looked at the case and agreed pretty quickly, I'd guess.
Yes, that’s what I was looking for. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa