ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything "creepy" about that.
He was saying "I Love You" to his family, correct? They are trying to make it seem like he said it to the judge or something! What a terrible headline - there is no need to try so hard to make an accused mass murderer seem worse!

Edit - added 'accused'. I do tend to agree he should not be prematurely convicted by some random internet commenter.

Last edited:
Can anyone see the ignition area of the 2015 Hyundai in the traffic stop video? I think it’s at about :11 but I can’t zoom in enough to see it.

Indiana traffic stop

Some MSM sources including this one show 2015 Hyundais as part of the group that has been the subject of Tik Tok videos showing how some vehicles can be easily stolen.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/hyundai-to-fight-theft-problem-with-security-kit/

The video explains what the ignition of the easy-to-steal vehicles looks like.

Should we be anticipating a “Someone must have stolen my car!” defense?
So... is he going to suggest they brought it back? I doubt anyone is going to buy that.

It sounds like they are in denial about who their son really is.
In all fairness, we don't know who their son really is either. There should always be a presumption of innocence which is only fair until ALL the facts have come out. This is not to say I think he is innocent, I think they apparently have enough for the arrest but anything beyond that fact is speculation, rumors, social media post, and media outlets chasing down stories that may not be entirely true. I really do hope they have their man, and I hope this is an impeccable investigation that results in a conviction, however, I'm one of those individuals who likes to see the evidence.

He's a suspect.
That's right, he is.
We can discuss this person as the perp and although some will preface their comments with an; "IF he did this ....", I think with the arrest LE have made it clear who they believe is responsible for the deaths of the four young students.

And as a suspect people are going to discuss this case and BK following LE's lead -- as in they've indicated they believe that they have their man ... and are not looking at this time for any other suspects.
As far as alluding to whether he will be convicted, time will tell.
My .02 right now is that LE have what they need on Bryan Kohberger and the community doesn't have to worry about another crime of this magnitude.

Smart move to preserve the jury pool and eliminate any defense arguments regarding tainting of the jury pool, IMO. I think LE are taking seriously that the suspect has studied criminal process and procedure and are going to go above and beyond to play this case by the book to eliminate any possible appeal if the suspect is found guilty. As such, expect a first class defense to be mounted, to eliminate any argument about "ineffective assistance of Counsel" on appeal. Just my opinion.
I never understand the argument that a gag order is the right thing to prevent appeals. I don't care if someone convicted exercises his/her right to appeal. I don't want to sacrifice larger rights enshrined in our U.S. system because of fear of outcomes. Assuming sunshine on the judicial process harms that process is backward thinking IMHO.

For a limited time & purpose a gag order may serve justice. This gag order stretches through the end of the trial as now written. The defendant has yet to arrive back in Idaho so no proceeding has been held to test whether this case deserves a gag order of this breadth at this time.

I hope the press will argue against this blanket gag order. I hope the public - whom the weight of the law assumes has a right to know - is granted access to a process that affects more than just the defendant & the victims.

Here in the U.S., the public is a party with rights in criminal proceedings. Taking away those rights should be done without frequency and without duration at length with few exceptions.

MOO

Pretty sure this was the plan all along. The last LE press conference the chief said again and gain that they would release info as it became available.I think he knew all along that wasn't going to be the case.

Actually, I think BT's defense has caught the entire county off guard. It started with the sudden halt by the court of the biohazard remediation of the crime scene that the Chief had announced to reporters prior to his news conference. We have to remember that murders don't typically happen in this county! JMO

where do the occupants go while the FBI is searching?
I imagine that the place could be really torn apart.
In my experience and opinion, usually the parties are there, but pulled out of the property, while the search is going on and answer questions posed by LE, and LE also explains the warrant, what they are looking for and why (to the extent they can reveal) and search can last for 20 minutes to hours; sometimes people call an Attorney while this is going on. MOO- it seems most people go stay with family, friends or at a hotel afterward as they are overwhelmed and yes it isn't a tidy process. LE may have had Social Workers or Counselors there for the family, but this isn't common, IMO. I've seen LE give people names of contractors who can secure a property afterward as well; just depends on the LE involved, MOO.

Why does it bother you if others see him that way? We are all entitled to our opinions on the guy and it’s insulting to reduce someone’s opinion to just saying they have confirmation bias. There are some educated and experienced posters here.
We’ve had 10 threads about his menacing looks and dead eyes and if he has the right proportion of iris to whites in his eyes. Why does it bother you if a couple of people disagree? No one is saying anyone is “wrong,” we are all allowed to post our opinions of him. I don’t know why anyone would interpret this personally as insulting.

NOt sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but listen to the audio when BK aka mr smarty pants and his father are pulled over.
1:25 - 1:30 From what I can tell the father tells LE something along the lines of "my son goes to wsu ..because of the shooting ..."

audioe enhancing skills needed
I hear that too. Interesting. But according to BK’s attorney, the trip was planned in advance weeks ago. I don’t want to judge because I do feel sorry for the family, but things that make you go hmm.

I don't think LE and the FBI wanted ‘shock and awe’ leaving the family no time to retrieve weapons. I think the State Police Commander said approximately 40+ officers were surrounding the house. LE wasn't playing.
Agreed !
They also want to prevent the suspect from taking their own life and thus leaving the grieving families with no answers ?
Plus, what if the suspect hurt someone else in the house in their panic at being 'caught' ?
No one wants that, either.
Ensuring that BK has his day in court.
Imo.

Some might find this actually quite worrisome due to privacy issues. The speed makes one wonder if there is a standing warrant or agreement with the genealogy firms or backdoor govt access to the data. This isn't a knock on LE but rather a concern about 1st amendment rights.
I think the DNA companies are treading VERY carefully.
There isn't an 'agreement' with LE that I know of. In fact, most DNA companies have their lawyers front and center, barring LE from most access, other than court-granted access to a specfic person. This is different than genetic genealogy and using family trees.
Those few companies that allow LE access (under specific constraints) provide DNA testers an opt-in/opt-out, with the default set to opt-out.

Does anybody know how to do FlightRadar 24 replays? I've seen some on twitter for the days before the arrest, but not by MSM. They show planes circling right above his parent's house for hours.

The one I saw was for Dec 29 UTC -6:00.
I've used it in the past. You need to have an account to see the long history. Generally, you click on the aircraft, and it highlights the flight history from takeoff. If you are on a desktop, I think there are a couple options you can play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123AEW