ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they do that without his consent?
In the press conference today the DA said they had 3 search warrants, one for him, one for his car, and one for his parents' house. For the search warrant on him, the DA gave the example of collecting samples from him, so I think they would examine his person as well during that process, and note any marks or wounds or what have you on him that are obvious, and take pictures. It would be evidence on him that they collect as part of the arrest. JMOO

Very true..... unless he researched it ahead of time, like when he was planning the crime.

Just offering a different perspective.
Yes, and there are 'burner phones' too that could be used to access the Internet with a data plan, that would be difficult to track down. JMOO

I feel it was more punching bag kind of boxing. I doubt he competed.
Dont give his defense CTE ideas

I think CTE won't work in his case. It didn't work for Aaron Hernandez.
Honestly, I don't think anything would work, because it is about the danger he presents to the society. The only thing necessary to prove is that it was him.

Most criminologists would be aware that soil evidence on their car could tie them to a crime. And it can. I'm pretty sure that the soils in that little neighborhood have unique markers, as most dirt does. LE appears to think they have tire tracks as well.

Right now, they're going to sample all that dirt, in layers, and reconstruct some of where that car has been. It's possible he got it that dirty in just 3-4 days of travel and that it was (relatively) clean before, but gosh, that dirt really looked ancient to me, as if it had gone through several cycles of damp and dry and was basically baked on there. And I know something about having a dirty car, that's for sure.

LE was checking with local carwashes regularly, so he would have had to organize his own car exterior clean-up (he might have, we don't know). Hard to say about the interior. I would love to see the state of the trunk, but that cheery task goes to the investigators in PA.

I am guessing the car will stay in PA and eventually be returned to its owner(s), but it could provide good evidence that he'd been over in Moscow quite a bit and even specific evidence that he had parked near that house with its specific soil profile. That's bad news for him, on top of everything else.
Ahem. Former PR person here from the USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service (previously known as the Soil Conservation Service.)

You are correct that soil varies greatly—even in your own yard. The National Soil Survey will complete the once-over for the entire country soon.

I gently suggest that dirt is that stuff in your vacuum cleaner; Healthy soil is one of the valuable natural resources that feeds us, clothes us, provides shelter and energy; we would not be the prosperous country that we are if not for our natural resources.

Sometimes it can even provide critical evidence in criminal trials. Lol. No offense intended. Just my soapbox. Enjoy your expertise.

If - if! - he was interested in women, I think he should have had someone, why not? I know many women who like tall, lean, toned, dark-haired men, even if they are socially awkward. Especially if they are smart. However, perhaps now, it is not the time to come forward, seeing how the internet is.
He is not unattractive at all which leads me to doubt his ability to attract is a factor here.

He is not unattractive at all which leads me to doubt his ability to attract is a factor here.
It's now been documented by numerous women that not only did he give off a bad vibe (creepy), but BK actively harassed them, even resorting to name calling. Appearance really isn't the issue. It's like saying that guy is so good-looking there's no way he needs to rape. IMO

I wondered about that too. I'm curious on where they would move it to, and why.

The Pacific Northerwest is somewhat of it own little slice of heaven in that alot of the news from MT, ID, OR, & WA is shared or combined. So, if they are requesting a change of venue in effort of finding an unbias jury pool, or jurors that are unfamiliar with the case, it's gonna be a challenge.

They'd be better off moving it to Kentucky.

MOO

By the time he goes to trial, they'll be able to seat an impartial jury. In 2020 there were 27,476 registered voters in Latah county. They found jurors in Pike County, OH for the Rhoden/Gilley Murders (eight people murdered/four defendants/four locations) and there aren't much over 27,000 people living in that entire county. It was the highest-profile case in the state's history at that. I don't see them moving it, but they could surprise me.

Wonder if he had to go through a vehicle inspection to register it in WA rather than PA. Our state requires the VIN # matches the title etc. Local LE does the inspection for compliance.

We haven't had vehicle inspections in decades. I didn't realize they were still a thing. O.O Learn something new every day on here.

Nice to see empathy expressed in these threads. I believe the entire event is a tragedy. I wonder if an element of mental illness could be thrown in on BK's behalf. At least he could get treatment in a mental health facility. Fr I'm m an early age, a system of has failed to catch his condition before it happens.

I believe we can't diagnose any mental health problem, unless there has been a known preexisting diagnosis, or before doctors formally interview the patient. There are medical conditions that just look too obvious (acromegaly, parkinsonism, Cushing's syndrome or Hungtington's gait, to name a few), but with mental illnesses, we can't say much by examining the photos. We might suspect some traits, but that's all.

However, and I hope people will understand me, it is a very sad case where even the arrest leaves some hollow feeling. Either we are at the stage when we understand that nature makes certain mistakes in genetic code, but we yet don't know how to use our rudimentary knowledge, or, perhaps, my suspicion is that when help could be provided, BK's parents had no means for it. JMO.

On the other hand, I am very happy that Idaho police, so far, has been so professional, and for the families justice is all. And give or take, BK is a threat to the society.

I hope that this empty feeling will go away when PCA is (hopefully) published, because if it was BK, his crime is awful.

Someone asked pages ago about Flight Radar and a plane circling over BK's parents' house (where he was arrested in the early morning hours of 12/30/22). Looking at the Flight Radar app, here's what I found for around 4am-ish on that date:

I used the address/area info listed here:

Can you tell where it took off or landed? Looking up airport tenants might be very informative. If we had a tail number we might know which agency it belongs to. If anyone has a photo showing its livery that would also be helpful. The FBI is known to use Cessna 208 planes for surveillance. An example is N956D leased through a front company. I suspect this is the FBI hiring a local FBO to fly them around. You can look up tail numbers here: Aircraft Inquiry

It seems highly likely this was an FBI surveillance plane.

Incidentally, the JPATS aircraft fly under their own name so it is quite easy to find them. So much for security. Think how many reporters are watching Flightradar for a JPATS plane heading to western Idaho! We don't know he'll be on a JPATS plane but the alternatives are private jets and commercial flights. A commercial flight would not surprise me but a private jet would be similarly easy to track.

LE can NEVER turn off their transponders in civilian airspace. This would be a HUGE air safety risk. Even the military is required to squawk in most areas outside of military airspace. Even Air Force One identifies itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa