ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel terrible for Dylan. I may mat not understand the wait to call 911 or her thinking her roommates were just passed out, but I’m sure she was traumatized, in shock, in fear, maybe/probably intoxicated and not thinking clearly - who knows, but that poor girl has to live with this for her entire life.

He's neither smart nor stupid. I'd say he's a very very sick human being. I feel so sorry for the victims, their parents and families, the surviving roommates and BK parents and family. At the same time I'm stunned by Police impeccable professionalism in this case.
I wasn't expecting this at all, I really thought the affidavit would be vaguer but LE got him good. Excellent job all around.

At the same time, the details are so sad and chilling. I can't say anything about DM's reaction, who knows what I would have done in her place. Only the murderer is to blame here, after all.

Maybe I missed it, (I read thru that all rather quickly), but why did the surviving roommates wait until almost Noon to make a call, and then did not make a call to police first? Did I miss something? It makes no sense....the surviving roommate's phone call.
One would assume she was probably in a state of shock, traumatized and terrified .

I mean... she went back to her room and just laid there for several more hours in shock after seeing a masked man in her house? I'm lost about this detail ...
Her room was on second floor apparently and not lower level as we all thought. She must have been petrified, and I’m not sure her calling 911 could have saved anyone. MOO

Maybe I missed it, (I read thru that all rather quickly), but why did the surviving roommates wait until almost Noon to make a call, and then did not make a call to police first? Did I miss something? It makes no sense....the surviving roommate's phone call.
it may be for a variety of reasons. It's 4:30am, she doesn't want to seem like a hysterical female. She's in shock. She's too afraid, goes back to her room, locks herself in, the place is quiet so she shakes her head and goes back to sleep.

He was beyond stupid. How can someone be so smart and so stupid at the same time?? I think he wanted to get caught. Tired of trying to hide it?
Also, I can imagine how much suspicion DM was under at first when LE heard her account.

I do not for one second believe he wanted to get caught: he made a stupid mistake as most murderers do, which is why most of them get caught. They just think they are too smart to get caught. That sheath really nails him to the wall. How can they find a defense for that?

I feel terrible for Dylan. I may mat not understand the wait to call 911 or her thinking her roommates were just passed out, but I’m sure she was traumatized, in shock, in fear, maybe/probably intoxicated and not thinking clearly - who knows, but that poor girl has to live with this for her entire life.
I didn’t even factor in alcohol. Good point. Totally possible imo she might’ve even just passed out between shock, horror and alcohol mixing.

Reading the PCA and hearing about Dylan's encounter with the suspect is so upsetting. Everything about how it apparently happened is very disturbing. Also, can't believe that the DoorDash order happened at 4am, as many sleuthers suspected when crime scene photos were released... (relevant insofar as Xana placed the order that morning and received it moments before the suspect entered the home).

No can judge the house mate. It is well known the fight/flight/freeze response. By the time it sunk in she would have been terrified and likely panicked and froze. She will live with this for the rest of her life, she doesn't need criticising. It wasn't her fault.
Yes, exactly. I thought maybe I had missed something though and I wondered if there was more to it, but I agree... shock can do a number on a person. And who knows what else... I need to go back and re-read, I didn't notice if the second surviving roommate was mentioned...

Im trying to get myself in DM’s head.
You are home earlier than your roommates after a night of drinking. You hear sounds, whispers, dog barking, the third time you open your door you see someone with their face covered, he just walks past you to leave… You are frightened by his presence but your immediate thought isn’t, he’s just killed my 4 roommates, your immediate thought is perhaps, college kids fooling around, partying etc. I mean it’s INSANE in hindsight but she didn’t say she saw him covered in blood and she didn’t see any bodies… i don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592