ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t see anything about that either
IMO perhaps last thing she may have thought happened was the 4 were all murdered. If gun shot or screaming would have been more obvious to get help. Maybe she texted one of 4 to ask who it was or is everything was ok and when no response assumed it was ok and they went back to sleep. Just MO.

The thing is, we just don't know how someone else would react in such a situation.

Earlier this year while on vacation in Mexico there was an incident at our resort where I thought an active shooter was present. People started running and screaming. I have never been so scared in my entire life (and I've lived for 50 years)! I grabbed my purse and I ran as fast as I could out of the resort. It turned out to be nothing, but I learned a lot about myself and how I would personally react if I truly felt my life was in danger. Some people freeze with fear, other people stay and fight, and the remainder run!
I totally agree
I don’t think she needed to play hero and I’m not even wondering why she didn’t call 911 right then and there. But maybe at 5am once she was certain he was gone? I mean shouldn’t she have checked on her crying roommate. Now, she may have been afraid of what she was going to find. Probably afraid to go up those stairs. Afraid to leave her room. I get that too. CALL 911! I just don’t understand why she didn’t call 911. Maybe she was afraid he never REALLY left the yard? And if he heard sirens he’d come back to kill her??? I’m just so confused by this. If that was the case I’d call 911 and whisper and demand they come and save me like a ninja swat team in the night. No way I’d just sit there like a sitting duck terrified wondering what that masked man just did to my crying roommate and what he might do to me next. Poor thing! But still i can’t figure out where her mind was.

I don’t think she could have saved anyone by doing anything differently. Maybe? Maybe if she yelled police are on the way he would have left sooner. We still don’t know who he killed first. Was Kaylee last? It seems she only heard Kaylee and or Maddie. Kaylie must have been talking to someone when she said someone’s here. Was it Ethan who said i will help you or BK being all creepy? If Kaylee and Maddie were the last 2 victims I don’t think Dylan could have saved anyone no matter what she did (she was unarmed), BUT if she had called 911 right away that could have caught him sooner. Either way though he was caught.

Those poor kids. All 6 of them. How scary.
:(

I had a thought on the 911 call… DM went to bed after she seen BK leaving, at this point, she doesn’t believe there has been a murder, perhaps a weird college party. DM wakes the next morning, doesn’t leave her room as still creeped out, calls roommates, including BF, explains to BF what happened the night before. BF calls people to house, no one goes upstairs, they call 911 and that explains multiple people speaking, also explains ‘unconscious person‘ because BF is calling and no one upstairs is responding? So in my theory DM stays in her room until LE arrive.

Yes, exactly. I thought maybe I had missed something though and I wondered if there was more to it, but I agree... shock can do a number on a person. And who knows what else... I need to go back and re-read, I didn't notice if the second surviving roommate was mentioned...
Yes, exactly. I thought maybe I had missed something though and I wondered if there was more to it, but I agree... shock can do a number on a person. And who knows what else... I need to go back and re-read, I didn't notice if the second surviving roommate was mentioned...
The defense is going to jump on this situation with both feet---

I have no issues with Steve being outspoken, he was and is a grieving dad who just wants to know what happened to his baby girl, having said that LE must have been so frustrated with him because they actually did have the suspect and alot of evidence but couldn't share it as they were building their case.

Being that the timeline is a little off from what has been "released" earlier, do we know for sure when the call came in? I might be missing it since there are so many times/dates in here, but don't see it in what I am reading. The 2 MPD officers came to assist at 4pm, but so far I can't find when everything actually started. Am I missing information on when the first officer arrived and how he knew? Sorry.. so many threads and maybe I am just missing it.

Yes, posters on here right from the start speculated that the fact that LE mentioned a Ka-bar knife at the businesses they visited may have been because LE had the knife sheath. And sure enough . . .
I wonder if LE has found sales records of BK buying a Ka-Bar type knife and sheath after they learned his identity.

Amazon? That's where I got mine. JMO.

The question I have is why kill any of them let alone four; yet leave a potential witness? A desire to do something like this and not get caught or something building in his head for years/decades? Just odd to me. Hoping something comes out as to why.

Unless we were in "her shoes" at that moment - we have no idea how we would react in that same situation. My opinion only -IMO we are in no position to judge her actions. She is not the killer - she is a victim. I would do nothing but extend grace to this child - she has a hard road ahead without the media and internet questioning her actions - JUST IMO
Your response is on target and many people keep asking. There is no real mystery. Up until 1:30 AM then a good 7+ hrs would be 8:30-9:30 AM plus a little laying around 10:30 AM. The realization that a roommate was not responding to call or txt .. then 11AM OMG ... Call friends for support ... Then 12:15 ish you should call the police...
I can't believe the surviving roommate didn't call 911 when she saw a masked man leaving the house after hearing what sounded like crying and a man (presumably not Ethan, as I'm assuming she would have recognized his voice) saying "it's ok, I'm going to help you." Perhaps she assumed it was some kind of late-night rendezvous and wanted to mind her own business, but it seemed like she was startled when she saw the man leaving, so I'm confused as to why she waited to call the police.

It's also curious that a security camera outside of the house picked up whimpering and a "thud" followed by a dog barking loudly, but yet the surviving roommate didn't hear the thud or the dog barking (at least it wasn't mentioned in the affidavit)?

I'm not blaming the surviving victim at all as we don't know the full story nor do we know what the dynamics were in the house regarding spur-of-the-moment guests, but I can't help but think that if she had called 911 when she saw the man leaving the house, perhaps some of the victims might have survived and BK could have been arrested much, much sooner. MOO.
Where is all this info coming from. Must missed it somewhere. I did not read it anywhere else outside the forum

After reading through the affidavit, my theory that BK attracted the attention of a serial killer through his interests and research still may be plausible. He got in too deep and out of his depth playing games with this killer and didn’t want to contact the police before or after the murders for various reasons — self incrimination of various kinds, other repercussions, etc…

If so, he better have a lot of info he starts dumping through his lawyer. Otherwise, nope it doesn’t look good. The window for me entertaining these plausibilities is shrinking fast.

I could also see this kind of thing being his concocted defense story, but if he doesn’t have some good info on what was going on, then it’s not going to work — innocent or guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox