ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think a reasonable person wouldn't want anyone, especially the defense rip apart DM. Maybe I'm wrong.
In legal jargon people usually say "rip apart" to really mean test on cross-examination, question parts of the story, challenge the witness. You're not doing it to be mean, it's your job to test the story and let the jury decide for itself.

<modsnip: not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally guessing here but if D heard K playing with her dog in her room then maybe K had intended to sleep in her own room. She hears noise across the hall in Maddie’s room and goes to investigate. MOO

So I’d say order was M, K, E, X

JMO
If Kaylee was in her own room to start, I'm thinking not playing, but the dog was barking and Kaylee was trying to calm him. And yes, left the room, closing the door behind her so Murphy wouldn't go all over the house, went to see what the noise was and walked into it.

Or if she was with Maddie to start, just the dog barking or jumping in a closed room due to agitation might be what was heard. JMO.

At least 12 cell pings near the house......smh

This was a short time to build a fatal attraction, he only came out west in June if I recall correctly. I wonder if the Greek restaurant where X/M were servers, and apparently K often hung out was the start of this nightmare.
or something he saw on social media from the victims set him off…

Is there any possible way that the following could be true, just hear me out:

1. The timeline seems very tight - by the time the car pulled in King Road at 4.04am did all of the manuoevres (parking, turning around, up and down queen road) it must have been at least 4.10 - then he has to get in the house commit the crime and be speeding off by 4.20am.
2. Could he have staged the whole thing to make it look like he was the killer - stalking beforehand, phone pings nearby, car nearby, switched his phone off on purpose, used his own car, handled the knife sheaf, travelled to a possible disposal site. But in fact the actual killer was someone else in the car with him. Just to have it played out in a court to see if he was in fact clever - justice prevailing and all that.

I would be interested to see if they have more evidence at the crime scene that matches with BK - victim fingernail scrapings, blood dna, footprints that match with his, dna in his car etc etc.

I am not saying his innocent - not in a million years - just playing devils advocate.

I know you probably thing I’m a burger short of a Big Mac for suggesting it but I needed to put it out there. Please shoot me down if I’m talking nonsense!
Tight timelines, violent crimes usually happen suddenly and fast. almost all of them are ambushes.

Is there any possible way that the following could be true, just hear me out:

1. The timeline seems very tight - by the time the car pulled in King Road at 4.04am did all of the manuoevres (parking, turning around, up and down queen road) it must have been at least 4.10 - then he has to get in the house commit the crime and be speeding off by 4.20am.
2. Could he have staged the whole thing to make it look like he was the killer - stalking beforehand, phone pings nearby, car nearby, switched his phone off on purpose, used his own car, handled the knife sheaf, travelled to a possible disposal site. But in fact the actual killer was someone else in the car with him. Just to have it played out in a court to see if he was in fact clever - justice prevailing and all that.

I would be interested to see if they have more evidence at the crime scene that matches with BK - victim fingernail scrapings, blood dna, footprints that match with his, dna in his car etc etc.

I am not saying his innocent - not in a million years - just playing devils advocate.

I know you probably thing I’m a burger short of a Big Mac for suggesting it but I needed to put it out there. Please shoot me down if I’m talking nonsense!
I think LE has already timed this out and can easily prove all 4 murders happened in this time frame. Two were found in the same bed, both could easily be killed in under 90 seconds if not quicker. From what little we do know, I would think all murders happened very quickly since no one had a chance to escape where they were being killed, as of now no evidence that anyone made it out to a hallway, etc. I don’t think this was staged and anyone else is involved MOO

From affidavit:

“D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the second floor. D.M. stated she was awoken at approximately 4:00 a-m. by what she stated sounded like Goncalves playing wilh her dog in one of the upstairs bedrooms, which were located on the third floor. A short time later, D.M. said she heard who she thought was Goncalves say something to the effect of "there’s someone here." A review of records obtained from a forensic download of Kernodle's phone showed this could also have been Kernodle as her cellular phone indicated she was likely awake and using the TikTok app at approximately 4:12 a.m- D.M. stated she looked out of her bedroom but did not see anything when she heard the comment about someone being in the house. D.M. Stated she opened her door a second time when she heard what she thought was crying coming from Kernodle's room. D.M. then said she heard a male voice say something to the effect of "it's ok, I'm going to help you." At approximately 4:17 a.m., a security camera located at 1122 King Road, a residence immediately to the northwest of 1122 King Road, picked up distorted audio of what sounded like voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog can also be heard barking numerous times starting at 4:17 a-m. The security camera is less than fifty feet from the west wall of Kernodle's bedroom. D.M. stated she opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying and a figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking towards her. D.M. described the figure as 5' I 0" or taller, male, not very muscular, but athletically built with bushy eyebrows. The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase." The male walked towards the back sliding glass door. D.M locked herself in her room after seeing male.”

Affidavit attached.

So DM wasn't on the 1st Floor after all? All this time I thought the two surviving roommates lived on the FIRST FLOOR downstairs, not the 2nd FLOOR. Is DM another roommate not mentioned in MSM?

Mods - please remove if this is not allowed:
Another thought I had. I find it interesting that LE found a sheath to the knife because in one of the online discussions, the online persona had an intense discussion about the killer leaving a sheath behind at the murder scene.

Based on the information in the PCA: It seems that M was killed first (if that is where he took his knife out of the sheath). 2) K would probably have been second based on proximity. 3) X would have been third, since she was found in the hallway. I wonder if she was coming back from getting her Door Dash food. 4) E was killed 4th. I wonder if E woke up or he was killed in his sleep.

So, I wonder if M was the target and K, X and E were collateral damage?
I thought X was in bed with E in the hall? I figured it was MMfirst since the sheath was next to her, KG second, and E heard something, went into the hallway, gets killed and then BK encounters X either in the doorway or in bed and kills her in bed...unless I'm totally off.

I suspect the truth, whatever it is, is already a highly sympathetic story.

We don’t have a clue what was happening during that timeframe. Granted, it’s a mystery, and that will (and obviously is) foster all kinds of speculation. My heart hurts for this young woman, and I just want the entire universe to not make it even more difficult that it is for her. I understand human nature is to wonder, but I don’t know if I could even handle what she’s been through up until now, much less additional speculation. There’s a reason, and we’ll all find out eventually. I could cry thinking about her situation.
It's really a witch hunt on other sites with people attacking her.I hope she has family and friends around her.

I agree. That was clearly not a justified statement by the police at that time. The killings may have indeed appeared targeted to them at the time, but anyone that is capable of doing that is most certainly a danger to the public.
The only thing I can think of is maybe the police initially found DM's story to be so strange that they thought it couldn't possibly be true, much like how in the Orsolya Gaal case the police initially took the young teenage son into custody (Orsolya was murdered by the family handyman who she had had an affair with in the basement while her son was asleep in his room on the 2nd floor and didn't hear anything). They may have thought she was somehow involved and was trying to pin it on a 'bogeyman dressed in all black sneaking in at 4am.' We know now that there was indeed a bogeyman -- Bryan Kohberger -- but in the first day or so of the investigation they may have assumed DM's story was too far-fetched to be true.

In regard to him leaving sheath. Is it possible while fighting for her life, M grabbed onto it and it fell to floor without BK being aware?
On another note, poor DM if she has to testify . Defense will rip her apart. Im sure that they will ask her if she had been drinking or doing some kind of drug thst night. Then theres her lapse of time before calling LE. Im sure they will make her look like she made this up as why wouldnt she have called. She will be traumitized twice.
So right about this. She will look unreliable, when while some of us may question, there is little she could have done to change the end result. Perhaps just alerting authorities quicker would be the only real change. He killed them all within minutes.

Yes. Let's add in that all of these young people are at that age where one considers themselves invincible. They hear a bump in the night...and they turn their airpods up. I hear one (53), and I can be almost certain that someone is in my home ready to rob and kill me. Young people have a different mindset. I'm envious of that at times. I was blissfully unaware during my college days, as I think most people are.

Additionally, to my knowledge, there was no reference of any major crime activity occurring in the area. There was no reason for she, or anyone else, to be overly cautious.

Put yourself inside your own head at 20 (ish) during a football/homecoming weekend at your school or university. You see a dude in passing in your hallway. You likely wouldn't assume he's a murderer, but instead a friend of one of your roomies.
Exactly

They let 1 person film and that 1 person points the camera at the judge the majority of the time… couldn’t make it up.

The Vallow/Daybell case is in ID. The judge there removed cameras from the courtroom and one of the reasons is because they focused too long on Lori Vallow. Maybe they are just being cautious.

Mods - please remove if this is not allowed:
Another thought I had. I find it interesting that LE found a sheath to the knife because in one of the online discussions, the online persona had an intense discussion about the killer leaving a sheath behind at the murder scene.

Based on the information in the PCA: It seems that M was killed first (if that is where he took his knife out of the sheath). 2) K would probably have been second based on proximity. 3) X would have been third, since she was found in the hallway. I wonder if she was coming back from getting her Door Dash food. 4) E was killed 4th. I wonder if E woke up or he was killed in his sleep.

So, I wonder if M was the target and K, X and E were collateral damage?
I hate that I can’t stop thinking of this but I agree. He killed Maddie. Kaylee may have been the one saying there’s someone here. Maybe playing with the dog is actually her getting up to check on Maddie. He pulls her into Maddie’s room and kills her. Then he gets xana. Then Ethan. He left because of the scream maybe. But man it’s quick.

In any other case I would think there was a driver and a killer. Driver dropped killer off and the killer had more time than if we just look at the car (with all the turning around etc…). But who on earth would it have been-new to the area and can’t form relationships easily. Hope they are looking at who responded to his survey to see if one of the ex cons in the Reddit sub thread he posted on lives somewhere on the route he drove that night. Frightening. Still.

In legal jargon people usually say "rip apart" to really mean test on cross-examination, question parts of the story, challenge the witness. You're not doing it to be mean, it's your job to test the story and let the jury decide for itself.

I think the jury will have questions about the story and the witness will need to explain the choices that were made. I think the defense would be downright negligent to not point out that maybe these weren't the best choices.

I am very sympathetic because I can think to certain instances in my own life where I simply made the wrong choice. Nothing I can do can change that choice. I will regret it my whole life. But that doesn't mean it wasn't the wrong choice. I am sure this is hell for DM and no one wants to see her suffer, but she is a key witness and her story will have to be told and challenged in court.
Ok, sounds like I took rip apart too literally. ofc they will cross her but I would think they would do so in a tread lightly kind of way. Not rip apart kind of way.

If I was on the jury, I would be ok with a tread lightly cross, but not ok with a rip apart cross. all of this is ofc moo

If someone said, "Someone is here," it would be reasonable to assume they might be referring to the door dash delivery. Didn't the PSA say that happened around 4 AM? I suspect ordering a door dash in the middle of the night was not an unusual occurrence in a house full of college students who stayed up late on the weekends. MOO

Well it is pretty standard to have the camera on whoever is speaking in Court proceedings.

Could seem prejudicial if it stayed on the Defendants.

We don’t want to have cameras not allowed at all, like in the Frazee trial. His Defense complained that the cameras stayed zoomed in on him and folk were making fun of his pink handcuffs. ( it was true).

View attachment 392872View attachment 392874
Uggh another monster I never wanted to see ever again :confused:

Still trying to comprehend this:

A 4:00am Doordash Delivery.

Suspect car spotted entering the area 4:04am (you have to give him a few mintues to park car and get out etc)

A security camera near the home picked up the sound of a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog was also heard barking numerous times starting at 4.17am.

BK car spotted leaving area at 4:20am (at high rate of spead).

That gave him approx 9 mins to do what he did???

I can't fathom this???
It is a very short amount of time. Still, a doordash delivery could take less than a minute. Park, hop out, leave the bag somewhere, drive off.

The AA says it’s approx 4am that xana gets the delivery, could’ve been a few minutes earlier, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa