ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kittythehare
The thread closed before I could respond to you. Here's a screengrab from below. It's not good quality but it shows what about where to look. The link starts at 7:10 and the man walks out of the lower LH corner around 7:19. He's alone, strides across the field. I think it's him, but that's solely my speculation. Mostly based on the vid from his grad walk.

Memorial video starts at 7:10
that dude has a bald spot and BK has a full head of hair

Going back to the survey he posted on Reddit which we know now LE was aware of as stated in the affidavit. If he was interested in knowing the hows and whys of criminals AND actively studying criminal law, is he going to be more likely to come clean about everything? Might he in a moment of weakness start to confess to everything he did? Or will he take the route of denying this to the very end? I imagine this case only getting wilder from here. JMO
If this guy was already vetting criminals before (allegedly) committing these crimes, I don't know how he is going to keep his mouth shut if he's placed in gen pop. My guess is that they will keep him isolated until after the trial.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, if I were the defense I would wonder why there
Was DNA found only on the button on the sheath--since it was a bloody scene why
Isnt there more blood found on the sheath?
The BK's DNA on the button could be his touch DNA and not from his blood. My thoughts are he left more touch DNA at the scene but the DNA on the sheath connects him to the stabbings. Especially if none of the victims' DNA was on the sheath showing they didn't happen to own a sheath.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, if I were the defense I would wonder why there
Was DNA found only on the button on the sheath--since it was a bloody scene why
Isnt there more blood found on the sheath?

Has anyone indicated there wasn't blood on the sheath? I would suggest that unless the bloody knife was resheathed, which it seems unlikely happened, blood on it would be external consistent with blood patterns in the same area.

OK, to start: hiiii!!! I've been MIA (couple of brain surgeries in last couple yrs) but I'm trying to get the hang of a new layout, websleuths is a bit different! I am trying to get my hands on the pca, any help? Bear with me as I get comfy again, I haven't been around since Gannon. (RiP)
I'm glad to be back!
The Idaho Cases of Interest site is a nice source for all of the public docs.
https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/
Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest
Welcome back!

I'm in the US and I call them single! Although I'm familiar with twin. I guess I'm an odd ball! I've got a bad back, so I sleep in single-sized bed as it provides the best support for my back.

From a ad based in Chicago
What is the size of a single mattress?

A single and a twin size mattress are the same sizes. Both have the dimensions of 38" by 75", which are designed to fit one person. www.americanmattress.com/pages/mattress-size-chart
I think there is also an twin XL. My daughter had one in her dorm. Seemed a little longer and wider. I know it needed special sheets.

Still trying to comprehend this:

A 4:00am Doordash Delivery.

Suspect car spotted entering the area 4:04am (you have to give him a few mintues to park car and get out etc)

A security camera near the home picked up the sound of a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog was also heard barking numerous times starting at 4.17am.

BK car spotted leaving area at 4:20am (at high rate of spead).

That gave him approx 9 mins to do what he did???

I can't fathom this???
I think the brevity in the killings goes to what Kaylee’s mother described as “methodical.”
He aimed to kill precisely, whatever that looks like, with the exception of a victim or two attempting to defend themselves.
There are still gaping holes in the scenario timeline, IMO.
It’s almost impossible to post here now.

JMO

Yup. The fact that he left his knifes sheath behind makes it entirely plausible he was sloppy in other parts of his crime. More evidence against him will be found no doubt.
Yep. I'm now pretty confident this was his first murder(S) and we're going to find out about a lot more as the case proceeds. He basically jumped immediately in the deep end of the pool on his very first day of swim lessons....and drowned

Is there any possible way that the following could be true, just hear me out:

1. The timeline seems very tight - by the time the car pulled in King Road at 4.04am did all of the manuoevres (parking, turning around, up and down queen road) it must have been at least 4.10 - then he has to get in the house commit the crime and be speeding off by 4.20am.
2. Could he have staged the whole thing to make it look like he was the killer - stalking beforehand, phone pings nearby, car nearby, switched his phone off on purpose, used his own car, handled the knife sheaf, travelled to a possible disposal site. But in fact the actual killer was someone else in the car with him. Just to have it played out in a court to see if he was in fact clever - justice prevailing and all that.

I would be interested to see if they have more evidence at the crime scene that matches with BK - victim fingernail scrapings, blood dna, footprints that match with his, dna in his car etc etc.

I am not saying his innocent - not in a million years - just playing devils advocate.

I know you probably thing I’m a burger short of a Big Mac for suggesting it but I needed to put it out there. Please shoot me down if I’m talking nonsense!
I have always thought it took like 4 minutes, but got so many raised eyebrows I revised it to 6~8.

In legal jargon people usually say "rip apart" to really mean test on cross-examination, question parts of the story, challenge the witness. You're not doing it to be mean, it's your job to test the story and let the jury decide for itself.

I think the jury will have questions about the story and the witness will need to explain the choices that were made. I think the defense would be downright negligent to not point out that maybe these weren't the best choices.
I agree. We should not second guess her, especially based on us knowing what happened and her not knowing what was going on at that moment. But as you note it will be the defense's responsibility to challenge anything she says that harms their case. and they will portray her reaction as odd (as if any particular reaction to this would be "normal.")

I am very sympathetic because I can think to certain instances in my own life where I simply made the wrong choice. Nothing I can do can change that choice. I will regret it my whole life.
Triple like this. All of us who have any awareness know we have done things, or even worse, not acted to prevent something that we may have prevented.
I hope this woman gets if she wants counseling to fully understand that the agency of this event was solely the killers. And her surviving to help convict him is the best outcome that could have occurred. At the speed at which these murders occurred, if she had called 911 the second she was first roused, police would not have gotten there in time to prevent the killings.

Still trying to comprehend this:

A 4:00am Doordash Delivery.

Suspect car spotted entering the area 4:04am (you have to give him a few mintues to park car and get out etc)

A security camera near the home picked up the sound of a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog was also heard barking numerous times starting at 4.17am.

BK car spotted leaving area at 4:20am (at high rate of spead).

That gave him approx 9 mins to do what he did???

I can't fathom this???
I think the brevity in the time of the killings goes to what Kaylee’s mother described as “methodical.”
He aimed to kill precisely, whatever that looks like, with the exception of a victim or two attempting to defend themselves.
There are still gaping holes in the scenario timeline, IMO.
It’s almost impossible to post here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa