ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, I apologise if it.
IMO, I feel it is almost definite that some of Murphy's hair will be found in his car or apartment. Dog hairs get everywhere, probably all over the floor, and the beds. He would more than likely have tracked some on his shoes, then into his car, then into his home.
Now that, on top of what they already have would lock and load the case down. JMO
Yes, trace evidence from the crime scene could have easily been transferred to BK's car and apartment to be found later on by LE. JMO.

While he's proven not to be a master criminal, I suspect this was a local cash transaction. Buying online would be too much of a digital footprint.

Perhaps he’s had it for awhile— even before coming to Washington. Was it a possession his parents recognize? Is it an item friends can speak to? If he use to go looking for heroin, perhaps it was his personal protection way back then.

To quote myself-

The more I think about timing and how it seems out of know where, this actually adds up.

If he knew preemptively that classes where going to be canceled the following week (as most of us faculty know for our syllabi when ASC is and plan accordingly), the timing of this tracks.

He would have known he had a week to lay low, with no classes and likely no supervisor meetings, or obligations. This would have been a perfect time to have a week not being seen by anyone.

Again not sure this was brought up, but makes sense to me timing wise.

Also, cannot 100% confirm he wasn’t at ASC, but he was not registered or on any panels. Which would make sense for a first semester PhD student.
But if BK was a TA, then he still had classes to take care of for his undergraduate students, even though faculty were at a conference in Atlanta.

Since Murphy’s breed is hypoallergenic, does that also mean that he doesn’t shed though, or do hypoallergenic dogs still shed? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, I am not familiar with all that the “hypoallergenic” label for dogs entails… from what I understand from friends who have them, they don’t shed. Either way though, even if there’s no physical evidence connected to Murphy, I’d be willing to bet BK’s car is chock full of physical evidence that would be far more useful in proving his guilt. That’s my hope anyway.
His DNA was found on the sheath. So, there is little to imagine when the knife wounds match what would hold the sheath. I suppose the burden of proof also relies on proving no one else was their that was part of the crime.

Something I was just thinking was if he left the knife protector in the house, how did he get the knife out? That type of knife is extremely sharp and it would be extremely easy to cut yourself. He must have concealed it someone - the roommate didn't describe him as carrying it (although it was dark and she was scared).

There would have been blood on the knife. Without the protector he would have had to put it down in his car somewhere uncovered, so there was probably some sort of blood/DNA transfer from the victims to his car.

I read upthread that neighbours said he was cleaning is car extremely thoroughly. Hopefully he missed a spot, because he obviously isn't as clever as he thinks!
I was thinking he may have been wearing a hoodie and had it in the front pouch.

There has been nothing concrete released, but I think it is because one victim was more severely injured than the rest. I’m making inferences from some of SG’s comments.
I don’t recall a statement of something being left behind…is that in an LE release somewhere? What could that have been?

For some reason and MOO, I think he’s been in the house before and I think maybe him and one of the female victims had a secret thing no one knew about. Maybe discussing crime as a common interest and one thing lead to another and BK ends up really like a girl and she shrugged him off and it was a one night stand thing.. he got his feelings hurt and wanted revenge. IMO… it could happen. And with that being said that may be the reason the parent don’t want the connection to come out yet.. idk. Again all my opinion and brain ramblings
I thought about this too but they would have likely identified that already, no? They state his cell records place him near the area but I am sure they would have also stated that he had direct contact with the victims if that were true.

I am curious about the roommates now. I wonder if he ever contacted the two surviving roommates? Many questions to be answered.

I think she either just didn't put 2 and 2 together, or she was too sleepy and/or intoxicated, or she was too frozen in fear or she was too used to people being in the house. OR, it was a combination of all of the above. Whatever the reason, she is NOT the villain here. She is lucky to be alive.
Right on. And we need to remember that we know the outcome - the murder of four people. DM didn't know that at that point.

Because the PA plates were about to expire per the affidavit. He wouldn’t want to be pulled over for expired plates. Jmo

From affidavit
At the time, Kohberger, who was
the sole occupant, was driving a white 201 5 Hyundai Elantra with Pennsylvania plate LFZ-8649
which was set to expire on November 30, 2022. During the stop, which was recorded via a law
enforcement body camera, Kohberger provided his phone number as
8458, hereafter the
"8458 Phone" as his cellular telephone number. Investigators conducted electronic database
queries and learned that the 8458 Phone is a number issued by AT&T.
On October 14, 2022, Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop by a WSU
Police Officer. Upon review of that body cam and report of the stop, Kohberger was the sole
occupant and was driving a white 201 5 Hyundai Elantra with Pennsylvania plate LFZ-8649.
On November 18, 2022, according to WA state licensing, Kohberger registered the 2015
white Elantra with WA and later received WA plate CFB-8708. Prior to this time, the 2015 white
The plates (IE:REGISTRATION) were set to expire on November 20.

November 20 is his birthday, as I alluded to in previous post.

Why he did so in WA instead of PA by mail, who knows and can only speculate. He can have residency in WA without the car being registered in WA (someone said he had to do it for his PHD app?), but if he intended on staying in WA for a while it may have been easiest? I speculate, however, he did so strictly because he would be issued brand new license plate and number in case LE had witness or video of the PA one.

I don't want to misquote or misinterpret what CNN had to say so I would appreciate if anyone else watched the show to confirm but they said that during surveillance of the parents home the FBI observed BK cleaning the inside and outside of the Elantra while wearing latex gloves. They also said that they observed BK walking over to the neighbors garbage can at 4am to dispose of a bag of garbage.

Well the only person who knows what happened that night is DM, what she was thinking and doing, and as she has been cooperating with LE and I'm sure they have determined the validity of her answers professionally, why would anyone be questioning the affidavit? Regardless of what she thought at the time or why, she stated what happened to her.
Remember too that the probable cause document isn't going to reveal everything law enforcement knows.

depends on your state, mine does. However, he came from PA to WA and established residency so may have had a set time to register the vehicle
PA registrations are not birthday related. The issuance of the first registration is based on the purchase date of the vehicle, or the date the vehicle title is put in your name. The notary sends the new title info to the DMV, and they issue the registration cert proof (used to be a sticker but no longer used). Thereafter, you get a notification from PennDot annually to renew.

Imo

I don't want to misquote or misinterpret what CNN had to say so I would appreciate if anyone else watched the show to confirm but they said that during surveillance of the parents home the FBI observed BK cleaning the inside and outside of the Elantra while wearing latex gloves. They also said that they observed BK walking over to the neighbors garbage can at 4am to dispose of a bag of garbage.
What the heck?! I didn’t see or read this. Can you send link to me ?

For some reason and MOO, I think he’s been in the house before and I think maybe him and one of the female victims had a secret thing no one knew about. Maybe discussing crime as a common interest and one thing lead to another and BK ends up really like a girl and she shrugged him off and it was a one night stand thing.. he got his feelings hurt and wanted revenge. IMO… it could happen. And with that being said that may be the reason the parent don’t want the connection to come out yet.. idk. Again all my opinion and brain ramblings
I’m not saying BK is ugly or anything, he is attractive in a way, but I really doubt he could have pulled any of them girls. I don’t think they would look twice. Completely different vibes and everything imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member