ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that, since the gag order came from an Idaho court, there’s no penalty for ignoring it, if you live and work in Pennsylvania.

MOO, and I am not a lawyer.

This is what I remember reading too.

Been waiting to post. As far as the doordash arriving close in time to BK....what if X ordered it and it took so long to arrive they went to bed. And the dasher left in doorstep. Maybe BK brought the order in or the roommates, or friends they called over, did the next morning. So maybe BK watched it get dropped off and nobody came to door and lights were off so he entered. Or he didn't even see it get dropped off. But this is MOO and in reply to comment in last thread where someone was contemplating how brazen he was as X must have still been awake with lights on since she just got the doordash. Maybe she didn't get it and was asleep. Maybe they ordered it at like 2.45am and gave up waiting. I have had some super long DD deliveries. Especially if tough to get a driver to pick up (middle of the night).

The photo of the burger bag by the kitchen sink seems an odd placement of the bag. Maybe just dropped there in a non thinking hurry by BK or by the roommates and friends the next day. Guessing the next day people as they called 911.

Maybe X and E were in bed with lights off and X was on her phone (tiktok) waiting for order but E was trying to sleep so lights were off. Guessing, still though, that X never went to door for the order and it was brought in the next day as the friends (roommates called) arrived.
Page 4 of the affidavit says according to the DoorDash driver, Xana received the food. Relevant line: "Kernodle, who received a DoorDash order at the residence at approximately 4:00 a.m.(law enforcement identified the DoorDash delivery driver who reported this information)."

I have much catching up to do, but popping in here to shout out KUDOS to the Moscow PD and Idaho State police. The affidavit is a masterpiece of documenting a homicide investigation.
Agree. It is disturbing how little lack of trust seems to be about related to LE and investigations sometimes. These things take time...clearly they have been on the path since the very beginning and just needed time to gather all the pieces to tell the story in the arrest affidavit. Things often don't get figured out like they do in a one hour TV show or a two hour movie. In my opinion both law enforcement and our legal system are methodical, fact based, systematic processes that need to run their course on the path to accurate and irrefutable justice.

Does any one know where the other surviving victim's room was? Im just curious because we never hear about the 6 th person in the house.

Also on ABan last night she asked Paul Holes if he thought the police were actually there early in the AM as opposed to
the reported 12 o'clock noon. So I speculate on this idea ...I think that is possible ..Paul Holes looked to consider it a
possibility..could be for a variety of reasons that may not be known. Wonder if someone saw this and what are your thoughts on the time? mOO
BF was in the 1st floor by the main door to the house.

I've read the AA twice and forgive me if I'm missing something, but I've seen several people say that the AA has made it clear there's a high probability MM was the target. Why? I didn't draw that as a clear conclusion after reading through it.

Didn’t Elizabeth Smart’s sister see her taken at knife point and also wait until the next morning to do anything? <modsnip> perhaps DM shouted something along the lines of ‘shut up the f up’ thinking it was Ethan making the noise and that spooked BK which I can see as plausible. I wonder if BK knew the passcodes to MM and XK’s rooms but not the others, which is why he left DM behind her door. Maybe he’d heard through word of mouth, as it was a well-known party house. MOO JMO JMVHO

Page 4 of the affidavit says according to the DoorDash driver, Xana received the food. Relevant line: "Kernodle, who received a DoorDash order at the residence at approximately 4:00 a.m.(law enforcement identified the DoorDash delivery driver who reported this information)."

Received at residence. Still maybe she didn't retrieve it. They leave on doorstep since covid. We can now state that we want it handed to us but our default is set to just drop at doorstep. But also, X's bedroom was back corner near wooded area so maybe he couldn't see the light on if it was on. If she was awake and about to eat her doordash.
Edit to add...X room window was front of house by parking. Just watched that blogger walk thru posted above. I thought X and E were in the other 2nd floor bedroom which is the back corner.

Last edited:
I have been wondering when BK arrived in Washington/Idaho. We know from the affidavit that he was first picked up by police in the area on 21 August 2022 which is the day before term started so he very likely arrived before then. I did a quick search of the WSU residence pages (as I understand BK was living at the WSU Steptoe residence) and it seems like in 2022, WSU ran accommodation for the “summer” for the period 1 July - 31 July 2022 and the “academic year 2022 - 2023” for the period 1 August 2022 - 30 June 2023. It seems possible from the contracts uploaded to the WSU site that a later arrival would be possible and that any rental amount would be pro-rated for that period.

Based on this information - I would estimate an arrival of between 1 August (earliest)- 14 August (latest) to allow him time to complete a cross country move, set up in his accommodation and settle into the new area (including being able to start stalking 1122 King Road) before 21 August. To caveat - I think he could possibly also have paid extra to rent the apartment in the “summer” period as well. However IMO the simplest option would probably be to arrive from 1 August onwards.

Contracts and Policies | at WSU
Family/Graduate Apartment | at WSU
Idaho suspect Bryan Kohberger kept low profile living at WSU housing complex: report
Academic Calendar | Office of the Registrar
I assumed that he arrived in August, close to the beginning of the semester, but someone recently posted he had arrived in June (not sure what the source is, though, and this is definitely not confirmed).

Something interesting, though: the PCA is mentions his phone service plan began in June 2022 -- it's plausible he got a new phone / his own plan in WA once he moved there? In any case, I found it strange that his phone service plan started so recently -- that's something people don't change too frequently, at least in my experience.

EDIT TO CLARIFY: I looked at the PCA again and the exact date is June 23, 2022, but the account was linked to his address in PA, not WA, so it does not necessarily mean he was in WA as early as June. I do still find it unusual that the account was new, but it's possible he wanted his own account (and off his parent's) before he moved across the country.

I've read the AA twice and forgive me if I'm missing something, but I've seen several people say that the AA has made it clear there's a high probability MM was the target. Why? I didn't draw that as a clear conclusion after reading through it.
I think many speculate this because she was in bed and the sheath was found next to her, as if he lost the sheath right at the start. Jmo.

The idea that LE was actually called to the scene of the murders much earlier than the official time of noon, seems very improbable to me. If LE finds a quadruple murder, they aren’t going to just back away and ignore it for a few hours. The neighbors would have noticed LE presence and commented on it.

MOO

Last edited:
I have a question! It may have been answered already but it says on page 16 of the affidavit "investigators found that the 8458 phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14th, 2022, but investigators do not believe the 8458 phone was in Moscow on that date."
Why is that? What would make them say that and how would that be possible?
They're pre-emptively covering their bases, because the defense will use this as it not being him.

They're stating their belief he is there based on history, timeline of his vehicle, and the following pings.

My Maltese and pappi lions shed like human hairs
All dogs and humans shed to one degree or another.

The difference is the type and volume of coat.

Double coated dogs - Golden Retrievers, Labs, huskies are notorious for shedding the layer of coat closest to the skin - undercoat.

The so-called dogs that don’t shed have hair- like coats and don’t have thick undercoats. They still shed but not like others.

If people shed head hair , pubic hair body hair etc, animals do as well. It’s a cycle of regrowth.

To be clear, Murphy hair was in that house and it is entirely possible that BK brought some home with him.

MOO

cloud-based forensics ? Anybody?

He submitted his application to the police department at some point during the fall semester, when he took his first semester of classes at WSU after graduating from DeSales University with a master’s degree in psychology and cloud-based forensics in June 2022.

"Kohberger wrote in his essay he had interest in assisting rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological data in public safety operations," an arrest affidavit states.
It’s exactly what you’ve posted there…the tech data available to help LE solve crimes. Basically, a “cloud” is the name of the location data, etc. is saved. It’s not a physical repository, it’s out in cyberspace. I’m trying to use laymen’s terms - I oversee an IT tool that stores everything in the cloud.

When i read reviews for KA-BAR knives, lots of people said things like great knife, my grandfather passed one down to me. I can’t wait to pass this one down to my son etc. so maybe it was gifted to him? Maybe it was vintage?
Authorities haven’t found any receipts for BK purchasing the knife yet. Maybe he bought it at a pawn shop or gun show and paid cash. I’ve even seen people sell knives and guns at estate sales and garage sales. He could have purchased it anywhere between Pennsylvania and Idaho too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member