ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
not disputing that, however it was a single bed which is a very cozy sleep. We can only speculate who was asleep and who was awake for now clearly X was awake but who else? I believe the wording was they were attacked in there sleep that does not necessarily mean they all didn't wake up during the attack.
I thought perhaps the wording meant "same bed", or "one bed" as opposed to them being in two beds.

I find it hard to believe that, writing up a probable cause document, an officer would make an irrelevant point about the size of a bed. Wouldn't that be like adding details about the paint color on the walls?

X may have been talking to E. They heard some commotion on the third floor and wondered what it was. X listens for a few moments and tells him, "There's someone here." Is that possibly what happened?
I think E was in bed, and probably asleep. Even with a ka-bar knife, an assault on an upright male of similar size would have been chaotic and loud. The "playing with Murphy" sounds from above are the only physical activity sounds reported in the PCA by DM.

I thought perhaps the wording meant "same bed", or "one bed" as opposed to them being in two beds.

I find it hard to believe that, writing up a probable cause document, an officer would make an irrelevant point about the size of a bed. Wouldn't that be like adding details about the paint color on the walls?
and you may be right.

I’m suggesting he did this after the murders but before getting back in his car. Less than a minute to suit up to contain DNA on his person and not transfer it into the car. He followed his forensic containment and disposal plan.
There is no way he took those precautions while also driving his own car to the scene with his phone.

Right? It was my first thought when reading about all of the cellular data they had. He wanted to be invisible, so be invisible. He wasn't. It seems like he was emotionally invested in this in a very sick way. I don't think he wanted to get caught through his cellular data, but he was talking dumb risks because he was so wrapped up in the immediacy of it. He had to have known this was a possible error in judgment, he was a criminology student. He was absolutely obsessed with one or more of the victims. IMO. I can't think of another reason to make such a foolish mistake.
Exactly! I think emotion and lack of street smarts outweighed his book smarts in this case.

This is for CSIDreamer -Someone here on WS posted last night (The thread that got shut down late last night), that they sell those ka bar knives at an Army - Navy Surplus store OR a Military Supply Store (something like that) about 20 miles from either the house or his house. I will go back and try to find it.

That just jumped out at me.

I'm just saying this because he could have used cash, and there would be no record of who purchased the knife (maybe it wasn't a gift or vintage.)

Going to go back and find the post.

good gravy - I am very rusty in bringing up past posts -
CSIDreamer, here is the best I can do about bringing up the post from last night.

1673062286745.png

The knife sheath is probably from the murder weapon, but I would not be shocked to learn otherwise. Given the suspect's field of study, I can easily see him leaving behind items to deliberately mislead police. That would be some ironic justice.

On the other hand, BK was dumb enough to bring along his phone, and apparently doesn't know that cameras are everywhere these days.

I feel like if he was there to rape he would have tried for a time when his intended victim was alone. He stalked them for months, there was plenty of time to grab/abduct/assault her someplace else other than in a home filled with people, including one man. JMO
If he knew that man was there. Most certainly he did not know the other 3rd floor occupant K was there since she bought a new car. He had been to that house no less than 12 times, so he knew what K's old car looked like, but not her new one. I think M was the target and he thought she was alone on the top floor. Most women when awakened with a knife to their throat are not going to scream or fight a man trying to rape them.

JMO

""I think he was in a rush to get out of the house," Kelly said. "Usually with these types of killers, at a certain point — don't forget, he's tired. He's killed a number of people already. At this point in time, maybe something's getting to him and he just wants to put himself between him and the bodies as quick as possible. He just wants to get out of dodge as fast as he can."

The expert said the murderer likely believed staying in the home to kill a fifth victim would have been riskier than escaping more quickly, given that he was reportedly clad in all black and had a mask obscuring at least part of his face.

"I think he just had his fill for the night and wanted out of there," Kelly said."

Stunning new Idaho murder detail shows killer appeared to want to 'get out of dodge'

There were 6 bedrooms and 6 tenants not that long ago. Tenant No.6 moved out of the other second floor bedroom. Kaylee had moved out, but was visiting for the weekend. She was vacating the bedroom with the balcony on the third floor. It sounds like DM, one of the surviving tenants, was moving into the second floor bedroom, and was sleeping in that room on the night of the murders.
^^rsbm

Since the AA released, it seems that tenant #6 moved out of a bedroom on the first floor and the witness, DM, had a bedroom on the 2nd floor all along.

Do I have this right? He returned to the area of the crime scene between 9a.m. and 9:30a.m. the next day? Is it possible he was returning to get that knife sheath? Or was he a looky loo? He just had to see all the commotion he'd created?

I don't think he could stand that he hadn't seen anything on the news yet. Why had they not been discovered? Why was there nothing about HIM on the news???

""I think he was in a rush to get out of the house," Kelly said. "Usually with these types of killers, at a certain point — don't forget, he's tired. He's killed a number of people already. At this point in time, maybe something's getting to him and he just wants to put himself between him and the bodies as quick as possible. He just wants to get out of dodge as fast as he can."

The expert said the murderer likely believed staying in the home to kill a fifth victim would have been riskier than escaping more quickly, given that he was reportedly clad in all black and had a mask obscuring at least part of his face.

"I think he just had his fill for the night and wanted out of there," Kelly said."

Stunning new Idaho murder detail shows killer appeared to want to 'get out of dodge'
Also, the knife could have been damaged and therefore useless for a 5th victim.

Snipped by me:

It is unclear why the surviving roommates did not call 911 until around noon. Goncalves' father described to TODAY the roommates' emotional state during the 911 call.

"You got to remember these two girls were so upset that when they went outside after seeing this ... one passed out," he said. "And the other one was so hyperventilating that the message wasn’t clear enough for the operator."

Link: Father of Idaho slayings victim says Bryan Kohberger wouldn’t look at him in court
Seriously! It’s part of what makes it so scary. My 2 roommates and I are all female professional students. We have a medium-large dog and one roommate’s boyfriend (also a professional student, tall, muscular, fit) sleeps over most nights. All of that made me feel safer. Not anymore…
MOO Ambushes overpower with surprise.

There is no way he took those precautions while also driving his own car to the scene with his phone.
Driving your car around with your phone where bad things happen before, during or after isn’t a crime. The have to prove he did this. IMO with his background in criminology forensics can be disposed of creating reasonable doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl