ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray Hughes Investigates does a great job of possible timeline from 3:29-4:20AM may look

Facts
3:29-4:20 white Elantra is seen on two cameras three times, leaves in a hurry
JnBox bag is in a picture in the kitchen near the sink with Xana on the bag
Camera is located at home NW of 1122 King Road and videos turn King to Queen Rd
Camera is located at home SE of 1122 King Road and videos parking lot of apartment to East

4AM DD delivers JnBox to Xana
4AM DM hears a noise that sounds like KG is playing with her dog

4AM BK car drives camera and front of home, but DD driver is delivering, so he passes it up
4:03 BK car turns around in parking lot of apartment, caught on camera and returns past front of home
4:05 BK car does 3 point turn and returns past home up to top of hill and parks

DM looks out of her room and hears someone say “Someone is hear.” She sees nobody.

4:12 X is on TikTok
4:15 DM hears crying and opens door to look out, “Its ok, I’m going to help you.”
4:17 Security camera from 57 ft away north west catches whimper and loud thud, dog barking repeatedly- possibly came from Xana’s room? Murphy?
DM opens her door and sees Man in black with mask walk toward her and to back sliding door (walking from X room toward DM room and turns to go toward kitchen and out sliding door)
4:20 Suspect vehicle departed the area in a hurry

JMO
I see a couple mistakes in this, they do not give a times for I'm going to help you statement in the AA or the crying. JMO

Not a fan of that particular fBI agent, former.
Everybody knew from outset it was a fixed blade knife.
Family or friends could have leaked knife sheath info.
not enough to be credible IMO

The killer intended for this to be his ’maiden killing’, the first of many, and has a high need for people to think he is smart.
These posts appear to be exactly consistent with that kind of personality.
We know he used that social media platform- he posted questions on it for others to answer.

This guy cares much about what other people think, regarding his killing actions, that his ego overpowers his sense of self protection.
It is his ego that got him caught

I think it was him, and this will be one more piece of evidence that gets him the death penalty.

JMO

Idaho Murder Suspect Bryan Kohberger’s Affidavit Is Full of ‘Bad Facts’ for His Lawyers — and Some Gaps for the State, Experts Say​

ADAM KLASFELDJan 6th, 2023, 6:09 pm
Idaho Murder Suspect Bryan Kohberger's Affidavit Is Full of 'Bad Facts' for His Lawyers — and Some Gaps for the State, Experts Say
From your link:
“As many times I can try to poke holes in his affidavit, it’s still probably one of the strongest state affidavits that I’ve seen in a very, very long time,” Buckmire added.

I was thinking that if they have footage of him parking, then the would probably have footage of him getting out of the car.
Which would be great! Especially if he got out of the car and then put the mask on. Surely he wasnt driving with it on? What if he had the knife in his hand walking in or situated it outside of the car and that can be seen in the video?! Best case scenario!

It's a relevant question, IMO. What I'm extremely curious about is this paragraph on pages 5/6 from the PCA:

A review of camera footage indicated that a white sedan, hereafter "Suspect Vehicle 1", was observed taveling westbound in the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive in Moscow at 5 approximately 3:26 a.m and westbound on Styner Avenue at Idaho State Highway 95 in Moscow at approximately 3:28 a.m. On this video, it appeared Suspect Vehicle 1 was not displaying a front license plate.

So, his vehicle leaves Pullman and goes to Moscow, but he doesn't drive straight to the King Rd. residence. He drives somewhere to the east end of town and is seen heading back west via residential roads before getting to King Rd. by 3:29. What was he doing? Just randomly driving around trying to get up the nerve?

Maybe getting up the nerve, yes, or waiting until the lights were out, or using a burner phone to see what they were up to through social media and realizing that at least one of them were awake, early on, waiting until it seemed that everyone had settled in. Who knows? Could be any or none of these. Maybe he planned to leave the car farther from the house but couldn't find a good spot. IMO IDK why he didn't just ride a bike there and back. Maybe he wasn't 100% sure if this was the time that he would actually interact with his victims, he probably brought the knife along a few times when he stalked them.

ETA waiting for someone else to show up? This is not my theory, just adding it as an option.

I see a couple mistakes in this, they do not give a times for I'm going to help you statement in the AA or the crying. JMO

Yes I see that
I does place the statement “It’s ok, I‘m going to help you.” After DM hearing crying and opening her door to see out.
The PCA places this event between these two times
4:12 and 4:17AM

Probable Cause Affidavit Link from NYT

JMO

IMO, yes- an awesome book-it’s all about intuition.

IMO, this makes me suspicious in and of itself. If you look at the big picture, this all seems TOO EASY. For a criminology student to do this is bs. Let me guess that dna that was found was precisely placed on the knife sheath snap. I D K. BK has a history of being picked on, so I am guessing that he is a sort of mild milquetoast personality. He’s either Mr. milquetoast or he can become aggressive. A lot of people who are mild mannered don’t know how to handle bullies or people that “ push buttons”. I also know that people don’t like to be DISRESPECTED. I am disbelieving of all the media bs that makes him look like a monster, because he very well is not a monster. INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY. Just look at what the media did to Amanda Knox.
I think people are treating him like a monster because they'd like to believe monsters are monsters at every minute and we can recognize them from a mile away and safely avoid them. I think that's where all the sniping on his "dead eyes" and "half-smirk" and such is coming from. Although MOO I think he is the murderer, if I were on a jury I would also find the DNA placement and the location of the sheath right next to a victim to be a little too convenient.

Not a fan of that particular fBI agent, former.
Everybody knew from outset it was a fixed blade knife.
Family or friends could have leaked knife sheath info.
not enough to be credible IMO
While I have no opinion on the former FBI agent in general, I have personally made posts on here surmising that a sheath was left behind, and I'm not alone. Here's one from November 24:
layer said:
Takes less than a second to thumb-lock a door on your way out. Then again, if you should have happened to drop something in the room, like say... oh maybe... a knife sheath... you just locked yourself out.
<modsnip - not an approved source and did not include a link if it were>

Last edited by a moderator:
Which would be great! Especially if he got out of the car and then put the mask on. Surely he wasnt driving with it on? What if he had the knife in his hand walking in or situated it outside of the car and that can be seen in the video?! Best case scenario!
agree
if he was reluctant to wear a belt ( to hold the sheath) because it would be too easily seen against his upper thigh, he's surely not going to drive around in a mask? ( whatever the colour)

Last edited:
From your link:
“As many times I can try to poke holes in his affidavit, it’s still probably one of the strongest state affidavits that I’ve seen in a very, very long time,” Buckmire added.

I’m curious why so much scrutiny, the point of the PCA is to get the guy arrested.
He is in custody

It appears every expert or former expert is coming out from every angle stating what they would do differently. If it works, why change it?

Can someone with experience as a judge help me understand why the scrutiny after the fact? What is the use of this PCA now that he is in custody?

JMO

While I have no opinion on the former FBI agent in general, I have personally made posts on here surmising that a sheath was left behind, and I'm not alone. Here's one from November 24:

And the time of murder which "only the killer would know" was off by like an hour.
<modsnip - no link, but reddit is not an approved source anyway>
and ex marine/ex FBI people like Gilliam, on public TV shows, also suggested leaving the sheath well before Papa Rogers suggested it as an option.

Papa Rogers also had E or X body being found outside the bedroom - papa rogers posted the body locations on a map. ( Not sure why a perp would want to get the body locations wrong)

16th November origin of most Ka-Bar discussions. Then this made it's way to the big TV shows and national media:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people are treating him like a monster because they'd like to believe monsters are monsters at every minute and we can recognize them from a mile away and safely avoid them. I think that's where all the sniping on his "dead eyes" and "half-smirk" and such is coming from. Although MOO I think he is the murderer, if I were on a jury I would also find the DNA placement and the location of the sheath right next to a victim to be a little too convenient.
Well said!

Reactions: Dre
This link is to the Twitter Feed of former FBI Agent Jennifer Coffindaffer. I have asked for and been given approval, by WS, to post the link. Is PappaRodger, BK?

I followed that group and o e where he was Admin and he git in an argument with someone else about the sheath. I thought that was weird but there are lots of weird people on line. I also was anxious when BK was arrested and we saw his pic...then I realized it was because the PR person looked just like him. How stupid is that????? To discuss an unreleased specific detail about a quadruple murder and use your own dang picture when you post on open social media????

I agree with you. BK's cellphone stops connecting Pullman at 2:47am which is during time M&K are doing the joint multi calls to K's ex-boyfriend. I wonder if BK had some sort of social media rejection by M or K at around 2:30am and this triggered BK to get in his car and allegedly commit the killings. It sounds like BK may have done some sort of stalking months prior, but maybe something triggered him around 2:30am. Last call from K to ex was at 2:53am at the time perhaps BK traveling minutes to 1122 King Road. I think K could have frantically tried to reach ex cause she was scared and then since no response from ex, K slept in M's room. I think dog did not alert when M&K were killed if it was around the 3:15am timeframe but if BK did return to get sheath at around 4:07am, the dog would alert imo.
This is a chilling theory. I'm curious to see how big of a role social media played in all of this.

This scenario would explain
a: the extremely tight almost unbelievable timeline
b: the ridiculous panicky drive bys/attempted parks past the house/in immediate neighbourhood between 3.29am and 4.04am

This scenario is premised on my speculations that emotional meltdown/investment overtook booksmarts for BK on the morning of the murders.

BK's Car (Suspect 1 Car) is recorded driving on past at 4.04am after attempting to park/uturn. if we speculate he parked immediately after this, somewhere down road from the house, how long would that take? I'm saying at least 2 mins. So that takes us to 4.06am at a minimum. Getting out, walking to house, going to slider, entering house, I'm saying that would take at least 2 mins. That takes us to 4.08am. Now I don't think he could have been inside the house until at least 4.08am but it COULD have been later, so conservatively I'm speculating 4.08 to 4.12 am. We know from neighbour CCTV audio immediately adjacent to X/E room that at 4.17am there is a thump, we know that street camera/cctv/ring has BK (Suspect Car 1) leaving street (which street is not specified) at 4.20 am. Everything DM hears and sees appears to happen after 4am up until she sees BK heading towards her, and then PCA evidence suggests he left. I give him 3 mins minimum to leave, get back in his car, start it and drive away, which means he probably exited house at 4.17am immediately after the thump. To my mind it is entirely possible that BK spent only 5 - 9 minutes in the house IMO - 4.08am-4.12am to 4.17am. IMO, Perhaps with 9 mins he could murder all four. Even perhaps with 7 mins (arrival time 4.10am), but not with 5 mins IMO.

I want to combine the above with consideration of the gap in timeline that exists, AT PRESENT. that is between 2.53am when Suspect Car 1 is caught leaving Pullman by camera, and 3.29am when Suspect Car 1 is first caught by cameras doing ridiculous drive bys/uturn in immediate neighbourhood of house. The drive bys have this desperate/panicky quality of the emotionally unhinged and deeply invested. Could this emotional meltdown quality be related to a sense of lost control? What triggered that? What triggered a ridiculous lack caution? My mind goes to the sheath. I think BK could have been looking to collect his sheath, which he had already accidently left behind earlier in the 3rd floor room.MOO.

Speculation only based on what is not in the PCA timeline: Sometime at say 3am, or just afterwards, BK parked in pre-prepared spot, out of neighborhood, as per plan, as per awareness of cameras and risk of car being caught in the actual street of the target house/individuals, walked unseen to house, entered unseen and unheard, went to third floor, murdered K/M (as per plan), dropped sheath (as NOT per plan), left unseen and unheard (as per plan) and reutuned to car. It is now, say, around 3.20/3.25am when back at his car BK notices the sheath is gone. Plans went to nothing, loss of control, horrors, no caution. Cue evidence between 3.29am and 4.20am as outlined in PCA...

Ofcouse, it's likely LE didn't collect Camera footage on all possible routes between Pullman and King street neighbourbood between 2.53am and 3.29am on morning of November 13th so I do realise this must remain as total speculation. I just think it would explain in a logical sense the tight timeline and BK's ridiculous driving behaviour between 3.29am and 4.20am. MOO
This is interesting and I wondered about that myself. When DM saw him was that the SECOND time he was at the house that night? First time maybe he parked elsewhere and approached on foot—Killed m and k. Realized he f’d up and returned at 4. X and e were killed the second time around. Xana made noise or said “someone’s here”. He killed them on the way out a second time. There’s enough missing time I think though I need to see where we know the car was.

122922 Affidavit - Exhibit A - Statement of Brett Payne.pdf | PDF Host Page 6

4:00 D awakens to hearing K play with Murphy
Short time later, K says: "There's someone here."

4:12 X on tiktok
D opens door 2nd time hearing X crying
D hears Male voice "It's ok. I'm going to help you."

4:17 audio recording captures voices, followed by a whimper and a thud
4:17 Murphy is barking (Did he make the whimpering sounds?)

Homicides occurred between 4 and 4:25

25 minutes divided by 4 victims = appx 6.25 minutes spent with each victim

JMHO and attempting to fill in the time BK spent inside the 1122 House
I disagree with there being 6.25 minutes with each victim...BK is still out side in his car driving at 4:04. Still needs to park and get to the house. I think the AA just gives a range of the time frame when they think it occured, detailed more by the timeline. JMO

edit: spelling

Okay I should rephrase my words. The affidavit said that the officer told him that when they arrived that the dog was in the upstairs bedroom belonging to k.

It was previously revealed that the dog had not tampered with any of the crime scene.

So just using pure logic, the dog was there for like 10 hours and never left the room to go to his mommy or downstairs to any other room without ever going to the bathroom. Even after d and bf called friends and 911 and police showed officer said dog was in upstairs room.

The odds of any animal not leaving the room if the door was open would be next to nil.

Unless the dog was drugged.
Idk if Kaylee did, but it is not uncommon to crate puppies at night. Idk if there was a crate, or if BK would take the time to crate the dog. I just wanted to share an alternative to the dog being drugged. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419