ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is not by accident he has a blond female attorney-
It is certainly not on purpose and he had nothing to say about it. She was appointed by the court due to her qualifications. As all attorneys must do, she will objectively fulfill her obligations to the client/defendant. To do anything less could jeopardize/delay justice.
MOO

I’ve only seen the photos from the Daily Mail of beds being removed, one placed in a black truck and one in a white truck, they look like queen size to me, or at least full size. At certain angles I can see how they look smaller but I don’t think that’s the case. Jmo
View attachment 393363

View attachment 393365
View attachment 393367
View attachment 393364
View attachment 393369
Daily Mail photos
We hauled a queen sized mattress to a son in college several years ago. From my experience, those mattresses are probably double size. Definetely not twin, but probably not queen. MOO.

Gray Hughes (youtube) talks about this at the beginning of his latest video reconstructing the crime.

Xana's bedroom window was at the front of the house, at the NW corner closest to the camera. Kaylee's bedroom was above Xana's, and it's been assumed the dog was in there. So noise of violence against Ethan in Xana's room and a dog barking above that room, could come through the windows and be picked up by the camera audio.

Whereas Maddie's bedroom was on the exact opposite corner, the SE side - directly above DM's bedroom. Plus, there is a bathroom between Maddie's bedroom and the front of the house, further blocking any sound from reaching the street, while the living room is between DM's bedroom and the front of the house.

In addition, the kitchen is between DM's bedroom and Xana's bedroom, so I don't think she could hear everything that was happening inside that room. I think she heard voices because they were closer to the living room.

JMO, but I think LE have probably tested this to ensure the camera would pick up sounds this way.
Yes, I know the neighbor's house was on that side of the girl's residence. But a camera 50 feet away outside of the house picked up sound that DM couldn't hear although she could hear people talking (likely whispering) inside the house? Yeah, no. That still doesn't make sense, IMO.

Another member posted that she likely did hear both and it's just not spelled out in the PCA. That's certainly possible.

My neighbor's Ring camera isn't going to hear someone fall in my house or a dog barking in my house if I can't hear it and I'm actively listening at my bedroom door because I just heard my roommates say some really strange things about someone being in the house and someone being here to help.

Dog was in Kaylee's room. Kaylee and Mady were in Mady's room. I believe the door was shut to that room. This is in the PCA.

Likely Kaylee put the dog there..MOO...
I don't believe the PCA specifically states the door was shut, just that that dog was found in Kaylee's room.

If the door was shut, there are some different possibilities:
1. Kaylee put the dog in her room and shut the door.
2. BK put the dog in Kaylee's room and shut the door.
3. BK shut the door to Kaylee's room with the dog already in the room.

His background was in criminal justice, not criminal Forensics or science. They're 2 totally different things.

His interest in forensic science coupled with his academic background in Criminal Justice….
His background was in criminal justice, not criminal Forensics or science. They're 2 totally different things.

Major overlaps do exist in course studies. He definitely had courses with famed forensic psychologist Katherine Ramsland.

But why then leave without the sheath? If he thought everyone was dead, why not at least go upstairs and rummage around for it? It seems that it was visible on the bed long after M had stopped moving. It was in plain sight.
Yeah, sorry I missed this! I think I said down thread that in my speculations I figure he was already melted down emotionally when he entered the house and was irrational. He wanted a quick in and out but things went downhill when X saw/heard him. He may have been looking in Kitchen/living room when spotted/heard. He may have even gone up the stairs and looked on them or even missed it in k/M rooms. These are just possibilities I am throwing out according to this scenario. In line with my premise that he was pretty melted down, after X and E he just left. That makes sense to me according to the premise. But this is speculation, based on evidence currently know from the PCA.

In the PCA, it's mentioned that DM heard someone (likely KG) say someone is here. A lot of people here have speculated that XK was instead the person who said it.

I was leaning toward XK being the speaker too, but now am leaning back to KG. Why? Because DM would know her roommates' voices. Plus, DM was directly underneath the room where MM and KG were found. I am wondering if DM maybe clearly heard the statement through the air vent/duct since the room was directly above her?

MOO.
I recall the 'leak' from KG's Dad, that the coroner told him KG had no time to suffer, whereas XK was the one person who had defensive wounds.

I also think it's notable that the PCA itself challenges DM's belief that it was KG who made this remark, and interjects some facts to, politely, point to it actually being XK. IMO, that's because police believe it was XK, that the totality of evidence points to her as being the only one who saw the killer coming. I tend to assume police have much more information, experience and time working all this out than I have.

JMO

The sheath next to Madison on her bed suggests that Madison was killed first. He pulled off the sheath, put it down, started stabbing, perhaps heard something downstairs (Xana was awake and safe at 4:12, dog barked at 4:17) ... why did he forget to pick it up?
This is a plausible interpretation, but by no means the only one. I can think of several others.

The speculation on the order of the killings continues to baffle me. I don't see any way to answer that question definitively with currently available info, so the whole exercise is pointless in my opinion. Even if we could know, I'm not sure what more that tells us. That's just my weirdo self, I guess.

chipwitley said (in part)

No matter how thoroughly he cleaned the car, there must be some DNA from the knife inside the car.

MOO just thinking out loud
[/QUOTE]
It is unlikely he was able to thoroughly clean the car in the dark before embarking on his Nov 13th 9 am-ish return to the area of the crime. So, whatever clothing he was wearing for his visit to Albertsons may still retain trace evidence
( fibers, dog hair) from the crime scene. Hope those clothes have been secured by LE.

Thank you for this response! I agree with so much of this.

It was so fast, he didn't freak out after killing his first victim, he kept going and did it all so quickly. That is what surprises me. I wonder if he took some sort of drugs to enhance his physical and mental abilities that night.
Hard to say whether he was using drugs. He lost a lot of weight in high school and changed to vegan diet.

I'm curious whether there's any evidence of drug abuse. His phone was at the victim's house late at night and early in the morning, excluding one instance. He reportedly vacuums in the middle of the night. It sounds like he rarely slept. At the same time he attended a couple of Ph.D. classes and was T.A. for a criminal justice class. After the murders he was unshaven, talkative, tired looking.

This is a plausible interpretation, but by no means the only one. I can think of several others.

The speculation on the order of the killings continues to baffle me. I don't see any way to answer that question definitively with currently available info, so the whole exercise is pointless in my opinion. Even if we could know, I'm not sure what more that tells us.
True that!

Humans are wild and unpredictable. I can understand why people might want to reserve judgment in this case, but I am guessing that things will change after the preliminary. It's already gotten less "BCK is innocent" since the PCA, of course.

I am confident that BCK will be convicted and the strands of evidence and the story that could be told a trial will hold even more shocking facts. OTOH, he might wiggle out through a plea bargain - not every criminal is required to tell all to get a plea bargain, either (I believe Rader was; DeAngelo wasn't),

I still think BCK wants to have his memoirs out there, even he has to use someone else as main author - that person will show up.
With respect--and BTW I love your posts!--I don't agree that a plea bargain that results in life-without-parole is "wiggling out". Such a deal would protect us all in perpetuity, and that's about the best the justice system can provide.

I know this. My question was for the the poster who suggested that BK went back into the house to retrieve the sheath and then killed X and E. Why then leave the sheath if that was the whole goal of going back in to the house?

The sheath for that USMC KA-BAR is meant to clip onto a backpack. You can put it on a belt, but that is not the only option. That is off-topic but...
X & E weren't not killed when the killer went back to the house. They were killed during the same first trip to the house that K & M were killed, which is also the same trip the killer dropped/left the sheath.

When he returned (5 hours later) no one knows if he even went inside.

ADMIN NOTE:

Take notice folks ... Websleuths will not tolerate disparaging comments about other members.

If you engage in rude personal attacks against another member, you will receive a minimum 1 week Time Out. Depending on the consequences of such attacks, there may be a permanent loss of posting privileges.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members