ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Take notice folks ... Websleuths will not tolerate disparaging comments about other members.

If you engage in rude personal attacks against another member, you will receive a minimum 1 week Time Out. Depending on the consequences of such attacks, there may be a permanent loss of posting privileges.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

Last edited:
No.
His DNA and his vehicle got him caught.
And whereas I think it's likely he wanted to communicate I imagine his target would have been a LE audience, tipline or a messageboard where he knew LE were members.

Why No?

I’m not sure I understand. You don’t think he made the posts on social media?
Or you don’t think the social media posts will be used against him?
We don’t know what will be used at the trial- these posts may serve to help convict.

If he called the tip line, where would he call from?
Actually there are a LOT of pay phones in Moscow, ID And also in Pullman, WA.
Each has a specific location given with the number.
Who knew Pay Phone Project that kept up with public pay phones?

LE likely was watching all message boards, including this one, and had a sheet of the payphone numbers in the event someone used one to call in a tip.
Don’t you think?

JMO

Regarding the sheath placement. How about this scenario.

Killer is carrying the sheathed knife. Killer removes knife from sheath with right hand, sheath is now in left hand. He needs left hand for something . . . move bed coverings, hold down victim . . . and drops the sheath which lands on the bed he is basically on or right up against. Moves to victim 2.

This happened so quickly he probably forgot about the sheath. He had no need to keep the knife anywhere but in his hand.

JMO

I'm sure this has been mentioned previously, but one way of telling who the first victim was is that only their blood would be in their wounds. The last person would have a mingling of the blood of the other 3 victims. I've heard that if you have a few victims it is more difficult to pull the specimens apart for DNA, however, at least this would give us the initial victim.

Why No?

I’m not sure I understand. You don’t think he made the posts on social media?
Or you don’t think the social media posts will be used against him?
We don’t know what will be used at the trial- these posts may serve to help convict.

If he called the tip line, where would he call from?
Actually there are a LOT of pay phones in Moscow, ID And also in Pullman, WA.
Each has a specific location given with the number.
Who knew Pay Phone Project that kept up with public pay phones?

LE likely was watching all message boards, including this one, and had a sheet of the payphone numbers in the event someone used one to call in a tip.
Don’t you think?

JMO
No to speculation presented as fact.

I've been following along here and also watching news coverage somewhat obsessively. I don't think BK wanted to get caught but I do think he'll want to be studied now that he's in custody. I think, MOO, that he'll confess at some point and spill everything. I think if we see his family suddenly travel to ID when there's really nothing happening court wise then that will be telling. He'll want to meet with his family first. All my personal speculation. I hope he does confess to spare the families and friends of those in the house that night.

I've been following along here and also watching news coverage somewhat obsessively. I don't think BK wanted to get caught but I do think he'll want to be studied now that he's in custody. I think, MOO, that he'll confess at some point and spill everything. I think if we see his family suddenly travel to ID when there's really nothing happening court wise then that will be telling. He'll want to meet with his family first. All my personal speculation. I hope he does confess to spare the families and friends of those in the house that night.

I don't think he'll have the decency to confess all before a trial. I think he'll want the full trial experience, so to speak.

I know this sounds like crazy speculation (and it is), but I really wonder if BK was trying to alibi himself for that night, kind of as a backup in case his car was spotted and he was questioned. He drove from Pullman to Moscow, but continued east, almost out of town, without going to King Rd. I wrote about this on the last thread. But I think his goal was to been seen on camera leaving town driving east before the murders, as it would have been around 3:20 when he passed Safeway on Hwy 8, still heading east. If he figured there were no cameras after that, and his phone was off, he couldn't be tracked, he could say he was going somewhere else...Troy for example. Who knows what his story would be...he was into rural area digital stuff, though.

Idaho murders: Investigators traveled at least 24 miles to collect surveillance video related to the killings

He turns his phone back on heading south on 95 near Blaine, then west towards Uniontown. He was taking his phone location into consideration since he turned it off as he was leaving Pullman. It's almost like, if he was to be looked at by LE, he could show himself leaving Pullman long before the murders, driving east out of Moscow before the murders, and almost 30 minutes after the murders, he was at a point only 18 minutes south of Moscow. So that proves he made a drive somewhere, like Troy, then south and west, coming out near Blaine on 95. That type of route would take about an hour or so, which I think he mapped out and knew. He also knew if his phone was off, it wouldn't show his real movements all within Moscow. And the route he did take through Moscow was residential and avoided almost all business, which I also think he planned in an attempt to not be captured on video. This is what he wanted to study, so I believe he thought about it. JMO.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, anyway, but it's very interesting, especially now that I remember LE asked for footage from Troy.

Last edited:
So the "it's OK I am going to help you" comment that the surviving witness heard. Could that have been the boyfriend comforting x after she was attacked? Or the killer trying telling her that so she would not continue resisting perhaps?

Does anyone know how long XK and EC had been dating? From their birthdays, she was in the year above him… he’d only been 20 for two weeks. They’re all so young it’s heartbreaking
It seems like probably a year or likely less - it seems they met sometime during the previous academic year (her sophomore year) since she has an Insta post saying “thank you sophomore year for all the memories” first featuring pics with him.

Last edited:

Killer is carrying the sheathed knife. Killer removes knife from sheath with right hand, sheath is now in left hand. He needs left hand for something . . . move bed coverings, hold down victim . . . and drops the sheath which lands on the bed he is basically on or right up against. Moves to victim 2.

This happened so quickly he probably forgot about the sheath. He had no need to keep the knife anywhere but in his hand.

JMO
Have you ever tried to do a series of actions quickly and went back over your process and realized you left something. Try "Imaging" doing that while under the conditions of pressure, secrecy, etc. His Sheath should have been attached. He really didn't consider a lot of issues so, I would suggest a lot of arrogance kept him from seeing holes in his plan.

We know what evidence they had for the PCA but what evidence do yall think they have now that they've arrested him and have access to his properties and car?
His internet history and searches before and since the murders should throw up a lot of information
Possibly his Amazon or other market online and card paid retail purchase history, the knife, for example
Possibly his associates, possible memberships of groups and orgs.
Possibly something that will point towards a motive
Possible evidence of prior crimes or future planning or staking of other subjects.
There's lots, these just quick off top of my head for starters.

I haven't been following this case closely and today is the first time I've heard anything about witnesses. From all the previous reporting I had seen, it was said that the surviving roommates slept through everything but this article I read this morning says "Kohberger’s driver’s license described him as 6 feet tall and 185 pounds, and his license photo showed him to have bushy eyebrows — all details consistent with a description of the attacker given by a surviving roommate" and the above quoted post also mentions a "surviving witness." Much appreciated to anyone who can consolidate the available info re: witnesses. Thanks!

JMO

I've looked at a bunch of the leather USMC KABAR sheaths online and most fasten to the belt with a snap. A lot of people seem to think that he must not have had the sheath on his belt, but IDK, seems like it's perfectly reasonable to think he did have it attached to his belt and it was dislodged during the attack on M & K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500