ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have picked up the knife at a gun show.
He could have had it for years.
Against that, if he had, it's likely his family would have known about it..

This brings me to how and where had he learned to use it efficiently?

editing to add fuel to my speculation as a possibility

Last edited:
Most people after using a knife don’t have it covered with the blood of victims they need to keep from touching anything and everything on themselves.
To me that was a mistake, he could have put it back into the sheath and tossed them both together.
Instead he walked around with a 12 inch bloody knife in his hand in the dark through the house, outside to his car, and where did it go when he was driving?

Seems a bit silly- did he lay that bloody knife on the passenger’s seat, put it under the driver
How did you come to the conclusion that BK is 46 years old? Whoops, I guess the same way I concluded 46, I can't add.

He could have had it for years.
Against that, if he had, it's likely his family would have known about it..

This brings me to how and where had he learned to use it efficiently?
I wonder if he has a military service record

They would know the order through forensics. Imo.
I agree 100%. I was just pointing out that it doesn't make sense for the victim order in the charges to be based on who was found first because they weren't found in that order. I suspect the charges are arranged by order of death since they're not alphabetical. MOO

BK began the stalking in August 2022. So any conflicts or contacts between him and the room mates should be investigated prior this time. The motive is surely interesting.

Agree, more or less. IMO the thud, the comments about a struggle in that room, and the defensive wounds on X -- I'm thinking BK encountered X bending over E, maybe crouched on the floor next to him trying to figure out what happened. He bent down to pretend concern, said the bit about helping. Then he attacked her. But that's different, in position and leverage and access to vital organs, from standing over prone sleepers and stabbing straight down as I think he had been able to do with M, K, and E. X may have been able to scramble or stagger backward. At that point, she may have been pushed or thrown against the wall as he tried to subdue her. The fatal injuries would then be inflicted with her against the wall, which would tie in with the exterior leakage, if that turns out to be real.
I know everyone gets mad about the external leakage but there’s a pic i saw yesterday of an actual investigator looking at it. So to me that makes it more believable. Blood is MESSY. It’s not like water or ketchup. It’s impossible to clean. It’s thick and it sat there oozing for over 8 hours b4 LE showed up and then some afterwards

Does anyone have thoughts as to what BK and his dad were doing in Loma Colorado? According to the PCA his car was captured on a license plate reader on Dec 13. I believe that’s nearly 12 hours out of the way for the return to PA. Seems like a lengthy detour to drop in on a cousin or something else like that. I have no theories myself but I’m interested in what you all think.
My theory: BK was avoiding toll roads! But, somehow stumbled on one in CO!

But that's my theory. Others theorize it was weather.
All I know is I-90 from western Illinois is all tolls, likewise Indiana, so is I-80 Ohio etc. BK was on I-70 which does not have tolls, except for that spot in Colorado!

Anyway, that's my theory!

Google maps says it's open. Was it shut down for break? I bet students are starting to come back now.

I agree that he could have gone there without staff recognizing/remembering him. If he went only when X or M was working (due to some fixation), then the rest of staff might not even have interacted with him much. At any rate, many businesses tell employees to remain silent about recognizing patrons as criminals. And of course they would have a clean pan to cook vegan felafel in, it's an ordinary thing to ask in a college town restaurant. Chopped vegetables, falafel prepared in its own little pan, most vegans are willing to compromise as long as the pan itself was clean of meat products. Some restaurants have green-handled pans just for this purpose.

I can also imagine that he found the human contact that some restaurants provide to be a comforting thing, in his lonely life.

OTOH, I am not married to this theory - LE would know quite a bit about whether he'd ever been near that part of town. It's possible he just saw the neighborhood, observed at parties, and noticed them and the "fishbowl" house.
Somewhere up above, there was a statement saying that other employees there do not recall ever seeing BK as a customer there!
o_O . Of course, I can't find it now.

IMO, it was BK. In the PCA, DM noted she heard a "male voice." IMO, she would recognize E's voice and would have noted this, as she did K's, "she heard who she thought was Goncalves say something to the effect of, "there's someone here."
MOO: It was likely the perp's voice & likely responding to something said by either E or X during the attack.

My theory: BK was avoiding toll roads! But, somehow stumbled on one in CO!

But that's my theory. Others theorize it was weather.
All I know is I-90 from western Illinois is all tolls, likewise Indiana, so is I-80 Ohio etc. BK was on I-70 which does not have tolls, except for that spot in Colorado!

Anyway, that's my theory!
Good point! I was off on my estimation of extra drive time, probably like 8 hours.

I dont think this has been covered yet but except for his students and one neighbor commenting, what was BK's life like in Washington? How did he spend his social time? Did he go to the gym? Could he have encountered one of them while working out?
We have that one account of his weird behavior at the PA brewery but nothing from Idaho/ Washington.Surely somebody encountered him socially somewhere.

I am having trouble understanding how he thought he could go in and get out quickly when the (likely) intended victim(s) were not on the first floor. For all his supposed planning, too much could go wrong between the upper floors and his escape that I would think he would pick a safer venue for him to do what he wanted to do and then escape. This house had too many people to be sure of a quick exit without being detected. Even at that hour - even doordash showed up. This seems such an unpredictable place for a criminal to "safely" plan his escape. I am sure there were many other places if he was stalking one or more of them. It keeps bothering me. He flubbed up the scene but it does appear he planned for a while beforehand. His exit strategy was extremely risky. Any thoughts?

I doubt he'd have taken the knife to a pawn shop.

Pawn shops gather personal information in order to comply with state and federal laws and regulations that govern people pawning or selling merchandise to the pawn shop. During every transaction, pawn shops will ask for a government-issued photo ID for record keeping.

I think that's in the event an item ends up being something stolen, or worse, used in a murder.

I was suggesting it may have been purchased from a pawn shop at some point not sold to a pawn shop as a way to dispose of it.

Everyone speaks of the car, he still stepped into his apartment and must have left evidence there too. Moo

I hope so. He took almost an hour to get back to Pullman. If he was prepared with new shoes in a bag in his car, he stopped and changed clothes/shoes somewhere.

His skin should have retained some blood evidence, though (unless he was really layered up or had special clothing, which I don't think he did). Van's have a rubber or synthetic sole and it's unlikely blood got onto his actual feet just from walking in blood - especially so soon after the stabbings. But I am hopeful that blood got on his hands (he had to deal with the bloody clothing). If he didn't realize that even minute amounts of DNA can be recovered from shower drains and sink traps, he wasn't paying much attention (well, not sure how strong DeSales was on forensics, frankly - seems to be more concerned with other aspects of crime in that program).

Not bringing blood back to his apt. would have been a concern, I think. Indeed, it's possible he remained in his car and made several attempts to clean himself up, possible he hadn't been back to his apartment at the time of his Sunday morning visit to Moscow. Then he goes and buys cleaning supplies in Clarkton and heads home.

Just speculating here. JMO.

That's the million dollar question so far. What did he do with the knife......

It's hard to try and put yourself in his position regarding trying to figure out how to go about a knife considering the sheath was left behind. Yeah you can make sense of it and analyze it regarding what you would do but again he is a killer. I could never fathom doing what he did.

But with that said, I agree with most here. He took it out of the sheath just before the attack. My opinion begs the question: Why even take the sheath? If you are going to do something like that considering trying to leave as little evidence behind then the sheath stays at home. That was an extremely dumb thing to do because the sheath ended up being left behind.

Again, it's tough to try and put yourself in that situation at that angle and I don't like to do it. But for the sake of argument and this forum I reckon it is what it is.

As far as the knife now is concerned. I have a feeling that LE still has no idea where it is although I admit that it's a good possibility that they do at the same time. I know that's oxymoronic but considering how tight LE has been with information, anything is possible.

I do have a question for those well versed in knives.

The Affidavit says DNA was found on the button snap of the knife sheath.
Here is the quote, page 2, somehow spaces are removed?*&$#

”As I enteredthisbedroom,Icouldseetwofemalesinthesingle bedintheroom.Both GoncalvesandMogenweredeceasedwithvisible stabwounds.Ialsolaternoticedwhat
appearedtobeatanleatherknifesheathlayingonthebednexttoMogen's right side(when viewedfromthedoor).Thesheathwaslaterprocessedandhad Ka-Bar USMC andthe UnitedStates Marine Corps eagle globe and anchor insignia stamped on the outside ofit. The IdahoStateLablaterlocatedasingle sourceofmaleDNA(SuspectProfile)leftonthebutton snapofthe knife sheath”

Some reporters are saying the bottom snap of the knife sheath.
The KaBar leather sheaths I’ve seen online only have a belt loop, and a small strap for the handle with one button snap. There is no top and bottom button.
Are they just misunderstanding?

Probable Cause Affidavit

Any ideas?

JMO

Last edited:
I do have a question for those well versed in knives.

The Affidavit says DNA was found on the button snap of the knife sheath.
Here is the quote, somehow spaces are removed?*&$#

”As I enteredthisbedroom,Icouldseetwofemalesinthesingle bedintheroom.Both GoncalvesandMogenweredeceasedwithvisible stabwounds.Ialsolaternoticedwhat
appearedtobeatanleatherknifesheathlayingonthebednexttoMogen's right side(when viewedfromthedoor).Thesheathwaslaterprocessedandhad Ka-Bar USMC andthe UnitedStates Marine Corps eagle globe and anchor insignia stamped on the outside ofit. The IdahoStateLablaterlocatedasingle sourceofmaleDNA(SuspectProfile)leftonthebutton snapofthe knife sheath”

Some reporters are saying the bottom snap of the knife sheath.
The KaBar leather sheaths I’ve seen online only have a belt loop, and a small strap for the handle with one button snap. There is no top and bottom button.
Are they just misunderstanding?

Probable Cause Affidavit

Any ideas?

JMO
Maybe they misheard or misread “button snap” as “bottom snap”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500