ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think this has been covered yet but except for his students and one neighbor commenting, what was BK's life like in Washington? How did he spend his social time? Did he go to the gym? Could he have encountered one of them while working out?
We have that one account of his weird behavior at the PA brewery but nothing from Idaho/ Washington.Surely somebody encountered him socially somewhere.

I assume they are just getting started with that. It is hard to interview those close to him without tipping him off. Those are things that happen post arrest.

I agree 100%. I was just pointing out that it doesn't make sense for the victim order in the charges to be based on who was found first because they weren't found in that order. I suspect the charges are arranged by order of death since they're not alphabetical. MOO
It seems they are in order of age. Not sure why that is but they are listed from youngest to oldest

Somewhere up above, there was a statement saying that other employees there do not recall ever seeing BK as a customer there!
o_O . Of course, I can't find it now.

I can't find it either. It was on Twitter. I just don't remember if the reporter, A, talked to more than one person or if one person spoke for several. I do not remember it as being an extensive story.

I'll keep looking, it'll pop up somewhere.

The snap is to allow the knife to be removed from the sheath, there is a loop on the backside, when putting on a belt you slid the belt through the loops on pants and when youvround to the right side you slide the belt through loop on back of sleath then continue with belt. It hangs off you belt.

Jmo
Perhaps he didn’t wear a belt? Could it be he wore athletic type sweat pants?
Younger males aren’t always belt wearing
Dress pants and jeans have them but many other types do not

Out of curiosity, has someone got a simplified updated timeline based on affidavit information?

To establish a clearer chain of events than how it is described in the affidavit, would be to outline events and REMOVE Dylan's account entirely, listing the events that can be corroborated by solid verifiable digital receipts, etc. For example, the 4:00am DoorDash delivery and Xana's TicToc usage at around 4:17am.

Next you would include time of the final return of the Elantra sighting on cameras, along with the security camera sound capture that picked up the thud and "whimper", and the final post-murder Elantra exit.

Once you have this outline, add in what the affidavit details is Dylan's account of the night. Considering she would be recalling events from a very traumatised memory (not to mention she was likely drunk and very tired.. and human without an inbuilt digital clock), it may make it easier to piece together what she may have actually heard versus what she THOUGHT she was hearing and from whom at specific times.

As an example, there's no mention of Dylan hearing Xana take delivery of the DoorDash order at the time she says she thought she heard K playing with Murphy - especially considering Xana would have either answered the front door on the bottom floor, OR the DoorDash order specified delivery to the second floor sliding door. Hearing the line "there's someone here" may also refer to the DoorDash driver arriving as well, with K potentially saying this out loud if the driver knocked?

I can't find it either. It was on Twitter. I just don't remember if the reporter, A, talked to more than one person or if one person spoke for several. I do not remember it as being an extensive story.

I'll keep looking, it'll pop up somewhere.
IIRC the statement was by the management and spoke for the employees.

Does anyone have thoughts as to what BK and his dad were doing in Loma Colorado? According to the PCA his car was captured on a license plate reader on Dec 13. I believe that’s nearly 12 hours out of the way for the return to PA. Seems like a lengthy detour to drop in on a cousin or something else like that. I have no theories myself but I’m interested in what you all think.
My first guess was maybe taking a more Northern route would mean a greater chance of encountering bad Winter weather. JMO

Lots of reasons they could have chosen it, I don’t think it was anything nefarious.

Maybe more Thai restaurants?

E036166F-8543-45BA-AE36-15E3E6EBDD5F.jpeg

I don't want to give that reporter any more hits (I find her reporting to be weak at best, but realize she's likely a small town cub reporter), but IIRC, she talked to one person at Mad Greek and I remember that person as a server, not a manager. But I'll keep my eyes pealed - someone will repost it eventually,,

Could have been a manager. In either case, it was hardly a deep dive into the clientele of Mad Greek by an investigative reporter. We'll learn more from LE at the prelim (if they don't mention it then, it's probably not very relevant).
Agreed. In addition, I believe that the restaurant may have been told at this stage that they cannot speak to the press. Further perhaps the managers and staff no longer wish to field such queries from the press. Also the CCTV may no longer be available either for any of the staff to make a determination, but payment details might later reveal a link, upon the further investigation of LE.

He could have had it for years.
Against that, if he had, it's likely his family would have known about it..

This brings me to how and where had he learned to use it efficiently
I agree with you, but I think you maybe mean 'effectively', since the descriptions that were leaked seem to me to describe major overkill, which would perhaps suggest inexperience.

I do have a question for those well versed in knives.

The Affidavit says DNA was found on the button snap of the knife sheath.
Here is the quote, somehow spaces are removed?*&$#

”As I enteredthisbedroom,Icouldseetwofemalesinthesingle bedintheroom.Both GoncalvesandMogenweredeceasedwithvisible stabwounds.Ialsolaternoticedwhat
appearedtobeatanleatherknifesheathlayingonthebednexttoMogen's right side(when viewedfromthedoor).Thesheathwaslaterprocessedandhad Ka-Bar USMC andthe UnitedStates Marine Corps eagle globe and anchor insignia stamped on the outside ofit. The IdahoStateLablaterlocatedasingle sourceofmaleDNA(SuspectProfile)leftonthebutton snapofthe knife sheath”

Some reporters are saying the bottom snap of the knife sheath.
The KaBar leather sheaths I’ve seen online only have a belt loop, and a small strap for the handle with one button snap. There is no top and bottom button.
Are they just misunderstanding?

Probable Cause Affidavit

Any ideas?

JMO
There's usually a snap that goes around the handle that's sticking out of the sheath (covering the blade) that holds the knife in place. In order to remove the knife from the sheath you've got to unbutton this snap. This is the only snap there is. I think the reporters are just saying it incorrectly

There's usually a snap that goes around the handle that's sticking out of the sheath (covering the blade) that holds the knife in place. In order to remove the knife from the sheath you've got to unbutton this snap.

Yes, but there is one, not two.
Why are some reporters saying the ”bottom snap” implying there are two?

JMO

One thing I noticed in the PCA.....the detective was comfortable describing the injuries he viewed on X as 'from an edged weapon', on M & K he described 'visible stab wounds'. However, when he describes E he states 'wounds later determined to be sharp-force injuries' and refers to the autopsy findings.

I believe there was something different there than the others.

Weren't EC's wounds redacted in the PCA? Also, I don't have a link but weren't KG's injuries worse to certain organs?

I don't want to give that reporter any more hits (I find her reporting to be weak at best, but realize she's likely a small town cub reporter), but IIRC, she talked to one person at Mad Greek and I remember that person as a server, not a manager. But I'll keep my eyes pealed - someone will repost it eventually,,

Could have been a manager. In either case, it was hardly a deep dive into the clientele of Mad Greek by an investigative reporter. We'll learn more from LE at the prelim (if they don't mention it then, it's probably not very relevant).
Agree, probably not relevant. When I read it I didn’t give it much credence and just thought “OK, interesting, so he didn’t frequent the Mad Greek, maybe that’s not how he met the girls”, and filed it away and then moved on.

Agree. If her door was open just enough to see, a slit, and she made no movement to catch the eye, he could miss it being open as his focus was on exiting.
Not necessarily. BK knew there where at least 5 people living in the house based on his stalking at least 12 times. He would search the rooms if he wanted more kill thrill. He did the job with the targets. FIFO (fast in fast out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500