ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Perhaps they have an alternative menu. As I said, I reviewed the menu earlier today and as a former vegan myself, it does not appear to be vegan friendly IMO. Mad Greek
There are actual Vegan restaurants in Pullman, like Red Bento, but if scroll through thr Mad Greek's reviews, you will see they are accomodating

Nope it isn't admissible. After the genetic genealogy is completed, they then must get a direct sample from the suspect. They arrest the person via probable cause and then get their DNA.
Yes. Logical progression would be
1) ancestral with DNA plus other databases the FBI has built of ancestry from public sources such as marriage, death birth certs., to establish him as a suspect,
2) the trash
3) with a warrant/court order a cheek swab. No they havent said they did a cheek swab yet, so it is just a 99.9999% chance they did

On his quick exit from the scene, and (as far as we know at this point) not going into other rooms and survival of the woman I think we need to parse what we know in hindsight from what he would have been presented with at the time. So the question of why he did not go on to continue killing includes following considerations:

So he has gone into two rooms and found, quite possibly by total surprise, that instead of a single female in each, there are two persons on each room. We can't know what he thought or knew, but we do know there are four more bedrooms. If he knew there aware three or four more bedrooms than the two he went into, he could be concerned that there maybe up to eight additional persons remaining alive in that house. Moreover, due to noise that already occurred, and more noise that was likely to occur if he kept killing -- that surviving people would also be in more roused state than the people he killed had been. That he could be forced into forcing doors against resistance, and perhaps being faced with one, two, three, or four alerted and standing military age males, or perhaps even armed people. Finally that people would be calling cops.
So danger to his person, as well as risk of leaving evidence, would be increased as he faced meaningful resistance.

At the point he fled, for all he knew, police had already been called, and more people, up to eight given the average number he had faced, were awake and likely his ambush advantage would have been gone.
Excellent points! JMO

LE could have a treasure trove from the trash bin. The ”Trash” that BK threw in his neighbors bin could have shoes and clothing he wore during the murders. Maybe, just maybe the knife?? He took the time and effort to save all this and haul it cross country just to get rid in neighbors’ trash bin.

The police training internship which BK had applied to

'Participation in the WSU Police Internship program has proven to produce quality police officer candidates. Over 90% of WSU Police Interns go on to successful careers in the field of law enforcement.'

'

Academy Core Training​

• Radio Procedures
  • Traffic and Crowd Control
  • Ethics
  • Patrol Procedures
  • Criminal Law
  • Crime Scene Search/Preservation
  • Drug Identification
  • Handcuffing Procedures
  • Traffic Stops
  • Criminal Procedures
  • Defensive Tactics
  • First Aid/CPR
  • ASP Baton Certification (Criminal Justice Training Commission)
  • Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Certification (Criminal Justice Training Commission)
  • Mock Scenes

original link for the news item:

the other link for this is page 12 of the affidavit 122922 Affidavit - Exhibit A - Statement of Brett Payne.pdf | PDF Host

Last edited:
There is more to this than we realize. The ”Trash” that BK threw in his neighbors bin could have shoes and clothing he wore during the murders. Maybe, just maybe the knife?? He took the time and effort to save all this and haul it cross country just to get rid in neighbors’ trash bin.
Getting that knife through airport security in a knapsack wouldn't have been a smart idea. So, yes. Let's take a Looooong drive and dump it in Mr. So-and-so's trash can.

He’s a Hollywood lawyer known for representing celebrities and sports figures.

IMO the mattresses were just moved somewhere to preserve them.
I could be ( and often am ) wrong lol
BBM...I think you may be right, but I would hope if that were the case, they would have been handled more carefully, and transported more discreetly, and not in the back of uncovered pickup trucks, with other pieces of furniture thrown on top of them. JMO

I think what he is getting at is that the collection method would not be adequate for trial even though it is for probable cause for arrest. They will or have gotten a warrant for BK's DNA -- probably a swab -- and then it will be
The Assistant DA at the press conference in PA (after the PCA was approved & BK had been arrested & was in custody) said there were 3 search warrants approved as part of his arrest: (1) for him (DA even gave example to explain this meant "collecting samples" from him, (2) for his car, and (3) for his parents' house. So LE has most certainly collected a DNA sample from BK since he has been in custody, IMO.

"He could not discuss the details of each warrant but said one was for Kohberger, another was for a White Elantra that was seized, and the third was for his family’s residence where he was living."

State police served three warrants on Pa. man suspected in University of Idaho killings

Geragos loses most of his high profile cases. Scott Peterson, Winona Ryder etc.

Baez wins his high profile cases. Casey Anthony, Aaron Hernandez.

I would be calling Jose Baez first if I am in trouble!
Yes, indeed. Hence me referring to Geragos as a Baez Light in an earlier post. Ha.

(I'll be interested to see if this guy will end up with a high profile (pro bono) attorney.)

LE could have a treasure trove from the trash bin. The ”Trash” that BK threw in his neighbors bin could have shoes and clothing he wore during the murders. Maybe, just maybe the knife?? He took the time and effort to save all this and haul it cross country just to get rid in neighbors’ trash bin.

IMO he disposed of incriminating things shortly after the crime, throwing them in a river or a ditch or whatever. It seems as if he had opportunity to, and it also seems like a bad idea to keep things for two months and then drive cross-country with them to throw them in a neighbor's trash. You could toss them in a dumpster during the cross-country ride, for example.

Then again, Kohberger hasn't made the smartest decisions so who knows.

Serious question. From the PCA, what did DM hear or see that would have told her a mass murder had just been committed? Nothing. Remember, we have the benefit of that knowledge in hindsight. She did not. Below is a link to an article about a witness that went through the same thing DM did.

Former Adam Levine yoga teacher defends University of Idaho survivor Former Adam Levine yoga teacher defends University of Idaho survivor via Home | Daily Mail Online

Geragos loses most of his high profile cases. Scott Peterson, Winona Ryder etc.

Baez wins his high profile cases. Casey Anthony, Aaron Hernandez.

I would be calling Jose Baez first if I am in trouble!
To add to Baez's list: William Hussel

Interesting. Perhaps they have an alternative menu. As I said, I reviewed the menu earlier today and as a former vegan myself, it does not appear to be very vegan friendly IMO. Mad Greek
I took a peek at Mad Greek's menu and in the top left-most corner it says "ask your server about our vegetarian and vegan options."
MadGreek.jpg

On his quick exit from the scene, and (as far as we know at this point) not going into other rooms and survival of the woman I think we need to parse what we know in hindsight from what he would have been presented with at the time. So the question of why he did not go on to continue killing includes following considerations:

So he has gone into two rooms and found, quite possibly by total surprise, that instead of a single female in each, there are two persons on each room. We can't know what he thought or knew, but we do know there are four more bedrooms. If he knew there aware three or four more bedrooms than the two he went into, he could be concerned that there maybe up to eight additional persons remaining alive in that house. Moreover, due to noise that already occurred, and more noise that was likely to occur if he kept killing -- that surviving people would also be in more roused state than the people he killed had been. That he could be forced into forcing doors against resistance, and perhaps being faced with one, two, three, or four alerted and standing military age males, or perhaps even armed people. Finally that people would be calling cops.
So danger to his person, as well as risk of leaving evidence, would be increased as he faced meaningful resistance.

At the point he fled, for all he knew, police had already been called, and more people, up to eight given the average number he had faced, were awake and likely his ambush advantage would have been gone.
I agree with this. I don’t think he went in there planning to murder 4 people. I think he had one intended victim (M) and the other 3 were not ‘planned’. I think he thought he would slip in, head upstairs to one room, and then back out again. I don’t think he expected anyone to be with M or anyone else to be awake.

Does the affidavit reference a scream? Did I miss that?
I didn’t find any reference to a scream. Only this:

DM heard KG say something to the effect of “there’s someone here“, she heard crying from XK’s room, and a male voice say something to the effect of “it’s ok, I’m gonna help you.“

Neighbor security cam picked up voices or a whimper, a thud, and a dog barking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmers_91