MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, regional general manager of a real estate company, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ran across this but it another paywalled article.

JAN 7, 2023

I just had a read:
"But Walshe never made it to Logan, Quigley said, and investigators have been unable to confirm whether she took a rideshare from her home."
----​
Quigley said, “... It’s not normal that she’s missing, so we automatically feel that she’s in danger by the mere fact that she’s missing. Other than that, there’s no evidence to support anything illegal.”

I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe it's been mentioned already, but I wasn't aware that the police chief said Ana never made it to Logan. I'm curious how they know that (or maybe this is being misreported). Also, I find it interesting that the chief stated they have no evidence to support any illegal activity. I still think that there was foul play involved, but sounds like the police have no evidence of any yet.

Oh, the irony.

Somewhat off-topic story: We moved into a house many years ago and noticed that our next door neighbor (actually 'neighbour' as I am Canadian) had incredible sports cars and boats, and at other times motorbikes or snowmobiles, in their driveway. One day I came home from work and there were picketers marching in front of their house with signs saying "these people don't pay their bills", "horrible people", etc.
I was aghast as they walked close to our house. And I was sad for the wife and young children who saw that.
Other neighbours filed complaints against the 'house' because of high weeds on the lawn.

Several months later the house was up for sale by the bank. there were various 'services' there for many weeks. Apparently the house had holes punched in the walls and was in terrible condition. And the story came out that the husband was a broker for high speed vehicles and that they just rented the house. The family moved from place to place.
I've often thought of the wife and kids afterward and wished I had reached out. Shame on me.
Gosh no, don’t beat yourself up. It’s so hard to know what to do and how to intervene. And even what’s happening.
Hindsight is always 20/20.

Forgive me if it is not allowed to post this link, I just found it interesting, and IMO, money is behind this in one way or another.

Maybe she really believed in him though and didn’t know all the other stuff or didn’t believe it. I’m sure it would be devastating to find out.

We don't know she didn't get on a plane, that is false. Someone earlier suggested a private plane. No TSA and could utilize a small airport. Not saying I think that is what happened, but seems to be a valid answer to your question and mostly want to clarify that the statement that she didn't get on a plane isn't true.
Nearest general aviation airfield appears to be in Marshfield, followed by Norwood:
FAA chart key below:
Sectional-Chart-legend-drone-test.jpg
edited to correct Norwood

Only because I’m in the total depths of re-watching Homeland again, I tend to agree. For the sake of this being some elaborate scheme, maybe she pulled off some get away plan with some passport etc. Crazier things of happened. Not that this is what I believe. But I do live a town over, and the woods behind her house will eventually trail to a main drag. Everyone here is baffled.
Hah. My literal first thought was... she's a Russian spy and has gone to ground!

We don't know she didn't get on a plane, that is false. Someone earlier suggested a private plane. No TSA and could utilize a small airport. Not saying I think that is what happened, but seems to be a valid answer to your question and mostly want to clarify that the statement that she didn't get on a plane isn't true.

Nearest general aviation airfield appears to be in Marshfield, followed by Norwood:

FAA chart key below:
View attachment 393761
edited to correct Norwood

Cohasset to Marshfield is a 5 1/2 hour walk. Probably longer if she's toting luggage. But let's assume that she hikes through the woods with her luggage and catches a ride. After that it's only a 20–25-minute drive to this airfield.

How does she pay for the flight? There is no activity on her plastic.

Where does she go? Services offered at Marshfield: CHARTER SERVICE,PILOT INSTRUCTION,AIRCRAFT RENTAL,AIRCRAFT SALES

Why would she leave her three beautiful boys and a job she seemingly loves?

Cohasset MA to 870 Moraine St Marshfield, MA

Last edited:
AA is a good friend. 1673167334622.png

JAN 7, 2023
[...]

News4 spoke to Walshe’s longtime friend AA as he prepared to board a plane from D.C. to Boston to help Walshe’s husband and three very young children.

“We are just waiting for a better day tomorrow, and I am hoping that she will be on a flight back to D.C. with me very soon,” AA said.

[...]

I first want to say that I am throwing stuff out there and see what sticks…or don‘t.

First…have the police checked other airports? Have they checked if she used an alternate (perhaps maiden or middle) name on a flight? Is her passport at home or missing? Have they accessed the home computers, tablets, phones? Has LE got a forensic accountant on the case?

I know…we have no idea the answer to any of these questions yet. I like to believe that LE is smart enough to check these things but other cases have left me with a bad flavor in the mouth regarding LE (Lucian Munguia and the ‘video that wasn’t there’ reported by LE for one example).

Like other posters have stated she led a seemingly stressful life. In fact I get stressed just reading about it. 3 small children, a job in a competitive market requiring weekly travel, several homes to pay either payments or rental on, a MIL in the home (every woman out there knows this stress even if you get along wonderfully with the MIL), and a husband with legal problems and what seems like an iffy way to make money (the ‘get rich quick’ online seminars…really). As the primary breadwinner in the home she must have been quite the woman to juggle it all. Plus throw in there that she wanted to move back to DC and had posted to instagram during the spring about them all ‘finally’ moving back to DC…and it obviously did not happen.

That is why I am literally lost as to what may have happened. She could have said ‘forget it’ and left under a different name and is holed up somewhere…but would she just leave the children with no contact…unknown. Not every woman is closely bonded with her children. Could she have done self harm perhaps somewhere far away…but I tend to think she’s stronger than that. She‘s been going through some pretty serious stress in the last few years and hasn’t ‘broken’ but everyone has their breaking point.

Then there’s the very good option that something happened to her between the time she got up and before her supposed flight (a whole other bag of worms). Do we even know if she went to sleep that night? If they hosted a NYE party then guests would probably have lingered for at least an hour after midnight maybe more. Did she excuse herself early from the party telling guests she had an early flight? Was she even in attendance at the party? Again all questions we don’t know the answers to. One thing I think we can gauge from LE is that they don’t believe she ever left that area. Hence the searches in the woods behind the home and the draining of the pool.

There is also the distinct possibility that she was abducted or harmed by whomever picked her up that morning. One would think her husband would have been familiar with what service she used to get to the airport but it’s looking like these two lived in the same house but may not have communicated much. She may have used the same driver but off book therefore no Uber or Lyft data trail. It may not have been a car service at all that picked her up but a friend or colleague.

I really hope she just needed to escape and is out there with no clue that she is officially missing. If I were LE these questions would be some at the top of my list.

This is all my own speculation of course and MOO.

ITA with the Jennifer Dulos vibe. I thought the very same in the beginning. But, something just seems off to me. Almost like it is too obvious for it to be her husband. Then again, we see it ALL THE TIME. They always think they will get away with it. JMO
Ana is from Belgrade, Serbia and was there in December so if she sensed smt is not right her family in Serbia would know it. As for her disappearance, I know 100% she wouldn't leave her kids ever. It's all read flags there pointing to one person. This reminds me on Ristevski case in Melbourne, when they found her body in the bushes nearly a year after she disappeared.

My first thought on these cases where husband was the last to see her with an odd story is always to suspect him However, the way that the article I have linked below was written leads me to believe that they think she may have left on her own to take a mental health break or possibly self-harm. (Of course, they could be putting that out there and still really suspect the husband, but want to get him to let his guard down.)
To those who say that family would have known if there was something wrong - I know of 3 cases, personally, where nobody in the family had a clue that the person was so sad and depressed that they were considering ending their own lives. And these are people who I know who are very close to their families. Some people just hide it extremely well. A few recent celebrity stories have seemed to be the same way. So I wouldn't rule that out yet. Hope that it is not the case, but always a possibility.

Seems to be a lot more info in this article.
- Article states that husband and employer are cooperating with police.
"At this point it's a missing person investigation. We're just trying to locate Ana and get her home safely," Quigley (Cohasset police chief) said. "We have nothing to support anything suspicious or criminal."

"On the three-day lag between when she was last seen and reported missing, Quigley said it's not unusual for Walshe to work long hours and not contact her home."

"Walshe has three boys between the ages of 2 and 6, said Quigley, who suggested that between the holidays and demands of working out of state, this "may be a case where she needed a break."

"Sometimes life gets chaotic," he said. "If that's the case, we need a call from her or someone who has talked to her."

Police continue to look for missing Massachusetts mom as ground search ends

Last edited:
If you were flying stand-by you would. Maybe someone flying so often, probably with a good sense of "normal" in terms of flight availability and also a high status with an airline, might try it. IMO

In a normal year it's hard to find a standby ticket on NYD, but this year, it would have been impossible. There were thousands of people whose flights were cancelled at Christmas time, who were rescheduling. People were left waiting in airports for days. One couldn't get a bus or train ticket either.

I first want to say that I am throwing stuff out there and see what sticks…or don‘t.

First…have the police checked other airports? Have they checked if she used an alternate (perhaps maiden or middle) name on a flight? Is her passport at home or missing? Have they accessed the home computers, tablets, phones? Has LE got a forensic accountant on the case?

I know…we have no idea the answer to any of these questions yet. I like to believe that LE is smart enough to check these things but other cases have left me with a bad flavor in the mouth regarding LE (Lucian Munguia and the ‘video that wasn’t there’ reported by LE for one example).

Like other posters have stated she led a seemingly stressful life. In fact I get stressed just reading about it. 3 small children, a job in a competitive market requiring weekly travel, several homes to pay either payments or rental on, a MIL in the home (every woman out there knows this stress even if you get along wonderfully with the MIL), and a husband with legal problems and what seems like an iffy way to make money (the ‘get rich quick’ online seminars…really). As the primary breadwinner in the home she must have been quite the woman to juggle it all. Plus throw in there that she wanted to move back to DC and had posted to instagram during the spring about them all ‘finally’ moving back to DC…and it obviously did not happen.

That is why I am literally lost as to what may have happened. She could have said ‘forget it’ and left under a different name and is holed up somewhere…but would she just leave the children with no contact…unknown. Not every woman is closely bonded with her children. Could she have done self harm perhaps somewhere far away…but I tend to think she’s stronger than that. She‘s been going through some pretty serious stress in the last few years and hasn’t ‘broken’ but everyone has their breaking point.

Then there’s the very good option that something happened to her between the time she got up and before her supposed flight (a whole other bag of worms). Do we even know if she went to sleep that night? If they hosted a NYE party then guests would probably have lingered for at least an hour after midnight maybe more. Did she excuse herself early from the party telling guests she had an early flight? Was she even in attendance at the party? Again all questions we don’t know the answers to. One thing I think we can gauge from LE is that they don’t believe she ever left that area. Hence the searches in the woods behind the home and the draining of the pool.

There is also the distinct possibility that she was abducted or harmed by whomever picked her up that morning. One would think her husband would have been familiar with what service she used to get to the airport but it’s looking like these two lived in the same house but may not have communicated much. She may have used the same driver but off book therefore no Uber or Lyft data trail. It may not have been a car service at all that picked her up but a friend or colleague.

I really hope she just needed to escape and is out there with no clue that she is officially missing. If I were LE these questions would be some at the top of my list.

This is all my own speculation of course and MOO.

It is my understanding that all planes, including private planes, have to have a passenger manifest. All US commercial flights submit their manifests electronically, so one would not have to check with the airports to know if a specific individual was on a flight. They could check the data base. It could be more labour intensive to check with private planes.

So far, we have not been told how she left the house. So far, we are not aware of anyone giving her a ride. So far, there is no evidence reported that her husband assisted her in leaving the home. But, LE are always way ahead of us and may already know how she left the home, even though they might not know her final destination.

"Passenger manifests are required by law in order to ensure the safety of all passengers on board a private jet. The manifest must include the full name, nationality, and passport number of each passenger, as well as their contact information in case of an emergency.

Last edited:
So they didn't find a thing in that wooded area. The ground search is "concluded"

Either she is in the house, or did she abscond....maybe with help?
Has there been a search warrant for the house?
I’m reminded of the Jake Cefolia case—very popular/successful United Airlines executive from Elmhurst IL who went missing while alledgedly running in suburban Chicago forest preserve. There were several extensive professional searches of the wooded area with no results.

Turns out he was being investigated by LE, had a contentious relationship w/his ex wife, several girlfriends and put all his worldly possessions in a Trust right before his disappearance. With all his flight and international contacts speculation was he he may have fled.

Turned out he was hanging in the thise woods the whole time—they just missed him.

JAN 8, 2023
After a second straight day of combing the area with no results, police said Saturday the ground search was over and there were no plans to continue it on Sunday.

Though there was no search team assembled, Cohasset police confirmed they are at Walshe's home off of Route 3A on Sunday and are investigating. There was no further information provided about what police are looking for at the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52