MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, regional general manager of a real estate company, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought on these cases where husband was the last to see her with an odd story is always to suspect him However, the way that the article I have linked below was written leads me to believe that they think she may have left on her own to take a mental health break or possibly self-harm. (Of course, they could be putting that out there and still really suspect the husband, but want to get him to let his guard down.)
To those who say that family would have known if there was something wrong - I know of 3 cases, personally, where nobody in the family had a clue that the person was so sad and depressed that they were considering ending their own lives. And these are people who I know who are very close to their families. Some people just hide it extremely well. A few recent celebrity stories have seemed to be the same way. So I wouldn't rule that out yet. Hope that it is not the case, but always a possibility.

Seems to be a lot more info in this article.
- Article states that husband and employer are cooperating with police.
"At this point it's a missing person investigation. We're just trying to locate Ana and get her home safely," Quigley (Cohasset police chief) said. "We have nothing to support anything suspicious or criminal."

"On the three-day lag between when she was last seen and reported missing, Quigley said it's not unusual for Walshe to work long hours and not contact her home."

"Walshe has three boys between the ages of 2 and 6, said Quigley, who suggested that between the holidays and demands of working out of state, this "may be a case where she needed a break."

"Sometimes life gets chaotic," he said. "If that's the case, we need a call from her or someone who has talked to her."

Police continue to look for missing Massachusetts mom as ground search ends

Have we had ANY interviews with/from the family in Serbia? And, do we know if she has any relatives closer to her in the US? She was JUST in Serbia. Why? Was it a family visit with her children?

I feel we should have some information on her background and life, besides the marriage and some friends.

According to court documents she knew. MOO
I read the affadavit from the FBI special agent in charge of the case. Ana was specifically named (using her maiden name) as she spoke with and helped cultivate "Victim 1" (the buyer who paid $80K for two fake Warhole works). For some reason, she does not seem to have been further pursued though.

Not sure if this was posted, but it's another IG acct for Ana
Ooh really interesting! Some great interiors of their old house, and a few of the new one hidden in some of her posts. They renovated the old house before sale, and it looks like did some updates on the new one also. Her property management/realty experience must help with some of it.

MOO

About this event​

1) Is money a point of stress in your life?
2) Have you yearned for financial freedom?
3) Are you ashamed of how much or how little money you have?
4) Do you believe that financial freedom means limitless spending?
5) Has your happiness or your self-worth depended on money?
6) Do you buy objects instead of investing in self-care?
7) Are you more likely to buy a gift then pay off your credit card bill?
8) Do you make plenty of money, yet you are in debilitating debt?

"Find out how your emotional world is standing in the way of your financial health"

Jeez, it just sounds so sketchy and cheap.

Another friend of Ana's has spoken to the Globe, which is of course paywalled. The text below is a summary by me.

JAN 8, 2023
  • CW is a long-time friend of Ana's who lives outside Washington D.C.
  • She says she is really, really worried about Ana because she's always really well put together and "over communicative about things."
  • They worked and lived together in D.C. after Ana came to the US from Serbia in 2005.
  • Ana went back and forth for a few years from Serbia to DC on summer work visas.
  • Ana was supposed to visit CW on Dec. 27 to see her new condo, but Ana texted to say she had to work late.
  • CW eventually received a text from Ana saying her phone had died, she was unable to use GPS, and she had returned home.
  • CW said this was weird and unlike Ana. CW texted Ana asking if she was OK.
  • Ana texted back that she was OK and sent screenshots of her trying to call CW and the phone not working.
  • Ana texted the following day to say she went and got a new SIM card for her phone and it was working again.
  • They agreed to meet Jan. 5, but when CW texted Ana on Jan. 3, the message never displayed as delivered.
Thank you for the link to the article and the summary!

Just adding a quote from the article regarding the upcoming sentencing for her husband’s fraud charges:

Walshe, in a June 2022 letter to the court, said her husband is a wonderful stay-at-home father.

“We are all looking forward to the new chapter of his life,” she wrote…

______
In another part of the article they wrote Walshe purchased that Jerusalem Rd. home for $800,000 in 2020 and sold it for $1.385 million in March 2022.

Have we had ANY interviews with/from the family in Serbia? And, do we know if she has any relatives closer to her in the US? She was JUST in Serbia. Why? Was it a family visit with her children?

I feel we should have some information on her background and life, besides the marriage and some friends.
From the court documents linked in a post above mine, Ana’s mother and sister are mentioned. It sounds like her mother splits time between the US and Serbia from what I can tell.

I read the affadavit from the FBI special agent in charge of the case. Ana was specifically named (using her maiden name) as she spoke with and helped cultivate "Victim 1" (the buyer who paid $80K for two fake Warhole works). For some reason, she does not seem to have been further pursued though.
RBBM
As far as we know. If not, why not?

Well the feeling must be very strong that she didn’t get far. :( I hope the answers are received very soon.
Not sure it's a feeling they'll be going off of. I imagine it's because they've found no evidence yet that she did leave. After 5 days of being reported missing you'd think they would have found something by now.

Edited to add 'reported'.

Last edited:
Has this been linked? Apologies if it is a repeat. This sentencing memo has letters to the judge from Ana, her mother, her sister and his mother as well as some information I did not read in the supplemental sentencing memo. It's worth a read.

This directly links Ana to the knowledge of and issues relating to the case against her husband. COULD this background scenario have ANYTHING to do with why she is missing?

As all these documents were being filed, Ana accepted the new job in DC, with a substantial increase in salary, while the husband stayed home to caretake the children, and his mother in law.

These documents show that Ana's mother, in fact, also lived in the Walshe homestead after suffering from a brain aneurysm and recovery from said condition.

These documents also show that the husband's mother had much to do with the monies that were funding the family. ("to help the children and make his wife happy")

I personally find that these details truly complicate the surroundings and the scenario that we find around Ana.

Was there anyone else in the house?
Where, actually, is Ana's mother if she has been a resident in the house?

Now I wonder...if we are going to hear more from friends...saying "they did not know as much about Ana as they thought".

Thank you for the link to the article and the summary!

Just adding a quote from the article regarding the upcoming sentencing for her husband’s fraud charges:

Walshe, in a June 2022 letter to the court, said her husband is a wonderful stay-at-home father.

“We are all looking forward to the new chapter of his life,” she wrote…

______
In another part of the article they wrote Walshe purchased that Jerusalem Rd. home for $800,000 in 2020 and sold it for $1.385 million in March 2022.
Yikes. Not to pile on, but it looks like they flipped the house. I wonder if the gas fireplace insert (cause of fire) was not up to code and if Ana and her husband bear responsibility for that

This directly links Ana to the knowledge of and issues relating to the case against her husband. COULD this background scenario have ANYTHING to do with why she is missing?

As all these documents were being filed, Ana accepted the new job in DC, with a substantial increase in salary, while the husband stayed home to caretake the children, and his mother in law.

These documents show that Ana's mother, in fact, also lived in the Walshe homestead after suffering from a brain aneurysm and recovery from said condition.

These documents also show that the husband's mother had much to do with the monies that were funding the family. ("to help the children and make his wife happy")

I personally find that these details truly complicate the surroundings and the scenario that we find around Ana.

Was there anyone else in the house?
Where, actually, is Ana's mother if she has been a resident in the house?

Now I wonder...if we are going to hear more from friends...saying "they did not know as much about Ana as they thought".
Yep, everything you said. In the letter that Ana's mother wrote to the judge she mentioned she would be returning to visit the family in November 2022. I wonder if she did in fact visit. Honestly, I hope she did and that she had a lovely time with her daughter and grandchildren!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat