ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Johnston area would be a good place to bury something or maybe even burn something with a small fire. Perhaps LE has already requested a geofence for this area and just maybe BK just turned the phone off but not the location service or the GPS. I believe a geofence can pin point a location within 100-200 meters and can go back 30 or more days.
moo
Solid Rock Gravel or the Deyo Reservoir both near Johnston

With the question that Bryan Kohbeger posted on other sites asking people that did crime, or had knowledge of crime, how they felt at the time of doing it, what mistakes where was from their crimes and how they got caught, He Acted Like It Was For His School Work, makes me think that BK has thought about killing for a long time, one thing gets me is why those kids, was it that he had went to a party there and saw how easy it would be to get inside the house, remember Sleuthers when young kids are at that age drinking and having fun how many times did they leave the door unlocked, also as for DM, she could have thought that it was one of the other girls boyfriend leaving that night when she saw him, JMO

I'm just going to wait til the poster replies with the answer.
I expected that BK would use another forum for his health concerns ( after tapatalk)

SillYbilly y already posted a couple hours ago that HTC is approved ( I didn't know that til now, either)

we can't discuss MH on the main thread though, so I've been avoiding discussing the contents of the HTC YouTube links ( incl the posts within)

Thank you!

The reason given for no MH is that there's been no mention of it in any media approved here. Now there is a little, if one assumes that mental means "having to do with the mind." At any rate, the visual snow issue is a neurological disorder, not a psychiatric one. I think it seems like there's nothing else to discuss from those HTC posts, except his health issues.

I was impressed with his writing ability. I judge him to be possibly 17-18 at the time he wrote (I think HTC says it's 10-11 years ago). He is self-aware and his description of his health is poignant.

At article just got linked a page or two back that further reiterates his high school friends saying that he never had a girlfriend but that he was always trying to fit in.

Then there was something strange that I had not read before. I’m pretty sure it was from college, grad school, or maybe even his stint at WSU. One acquaintance recalled him saying that he could go in any bar in town and “have any lady he wanted.”

I’m not going to reread it for clarification because I just can’t. But if he was indeed saying that, I bet it was in WA to people who didn’t know him and had no history with him. His friends and acquaintances in PA would’ve known that was absurd.

I think his mental state could’ve been deteriorating those last few years in PA to the point where he was indulging in increasingly violent and sadistic fantasies. And that maybe he was compelled to move across the country where nobody knew him and he could be unencumbered in the pursuit of these all-consuming urges.

It’s so weird how these ideas crystallize in my mind as I think about this guy.
There are many reports, a lot are inaccurate.
@Gardenista shared an interview with one of his friends, a recovering heroin addict who had actually worked with him and did heroin with him.
He declared he had never witnessed him being abusive towards women at any stage.

They are easy to dislodge by force from their track or the lock wasn't fastened properly. They are easy to open, look at many crimes in the past sliding glass doors are often targeted.
I was thinking he came in and left through the kitchen slider until I saw this photo. I can't imagine LE did this, so unless one of the survivors placed these chairs in the track after the killer left he couldn't have used this door. My opinion only.

1673220066726.png

Thank you!

The reason given for no MH is that there's been no mention of it in any media approved here. Now there is a little, if one assumes that mental means "having to do with the mind." At any rate, the visual snow issue is a neurological disorder, not a psychiatric one. I think it seems like there's nothing else to discuss from those HTC posts, except his health issues.

I was impressed with his writing ability. I judge him to be possibly 17-18 at the time he wrote (I think HTC says it's 10-11 years ago). He is self-aware and his description of his health is poignant.
he was just 15 apparently when he wrote there!
Very advanced writing skills!

This kind of so-called sleuthing is obnxious and the Post should be ashamed of itselfbut it isn't.
That pic looks nothing like BK.
MOO true the picture does not look like him, but the video really does. Can’t say as it’s a bit far to be 100% certain.
Since he went back to the crime scene, it would not be surprising he was at the vigil.

I was thinking he came in and left through the kitchen slider until I saw this photo. I can't imagine LE did this, so unless one of the survivors placed these chairs in the track after the killer left he couldn't have used this door. My opinion only.

View attachment 393892

Interesting. The forensic techs are dusting the side window for prints.

But he did leave the house in a black mask????

The witness saw him walk past her and leave the house through a sliding glass door wearing a mask over his mouth and nose. The witness said his clothes were black but the affidavit doesn't say if the mask was black.

All we know for sure is he was wearing a mask that covered his mouth and nose. The witness saw his eyebrows so his eyebrows were not covered.

It is speculation that his mask was black and speculation that maybe the witness also saw his eyes.

I believe LE left out some specific details that only they and prosecutors know. Then if a witness comes forward and knows details that only LE knows, then LE knows they are a credible witness.

LE never reveals all their evidence to the public. It is not necessary to reveal all the evidence in an affidavit. Just enough to get the judge to sign off on it.

I learned this from watching the Rhoden/Gilley murder investigation.

MOO true the picture does not look like him, but the video really does. Can’t say as it’s a bit far to be 100% certain.
Since he went back to the crime scene, it would not be surprising he was at the vigil.
I imagine it would be imperative, in his mind, for him to attend.
Brendt Christensen also attended memorial for YingYingzhang and boasted to his girlfriend that all the people were there for HIM and him alone, he created that.
Though I'm giving Christensen as an example they were not alike afaik. Christensen was pure narcissist and sadistic.
We are not sure what motivates this boy yet but I think it's along the lines of academia so if he attended it is more likely it was about first hand witnessing for academic purposes. He still lacks empathy but he seems to have a pedantic interest in documenting every detail, even if that documentation does not inhabit a physical format, like actual notes. He has been described as an OVER explainer, students described it as an arrogance but I didn't read it that way, lots of people do this, unintentionally.
Though I think it's likely he attended, LE have stated in PCA that his vehicle was not detected in Moscow since the day after the murders...
Just my thoughts..

I would really, really hope not. Has anyone ever written a sentence using different words from thesaurus? You get a completely different meaning.

Though… I wouldn’t rule out that something like this could’ve occurred. I just really hope it didn’t.

Since this is a PCA with a solo officer recounting his own investigative summaries, I am guessing the DM used the word "bushy."

People use it in various ways. She only caught a glimpse of him. His height and sex were as important as the eyebrows, but obviously, someone with non-prominent or very thin eyebrows wouldn't fit very well. To her, they were the main thing she noticed in her brief glimpse of his partly masked face.

View attachment 393892

I wonder if LE discovered the kitchen slider didn't lock reliably and did this to temporarily secure the scene. I lived in a beach house with 3 of the things, and the catches degraded pretty quickly. Replaced all of them over a few years. In a rental that might not have been well-maintained, with tenants who might not have been all that worried about it (especially with individually locking bedrooms), or eager to have the landlord around...

I would really, really hope not. Has anyone ever written a sentence using different words from thesaurus? You get a completely different meaning.

Though… I wouldn’t rule out that something like this could’ve occurred. I just really hope it didn’t.

Since this is a PCA with a solo officer recounting his own investigative summaries, I am guessing the DM used the word "bushy."

People use it in various ways. She only caught a glimpse of him. His height and sex were as important as the eyebrows, but obviously, someone with non-prominent or very thin eyebrows wouldn't fit very well. To her, they were the main thing she noticed in her brief glimpse of his partly masked face.

The idea is that the officer who writes this can be asked to come to court for the PCA process and judge can ask him/her what precisely was said. That was likely not needed in this one. More than enough there, with or without DM's eyewitness account.

The footprints in the blood are great evidence, but the DNA on the sheath is of course what pointed directly to BK.

I'm going to venture a guess that he's been clean from heroin for some time. All the close up photos of him during the "perp walks" really show that the dude has flawless skin! If he was still a heavy user, I really think it would show in his face.

He's still young-ish, but no longer a teen when drug and alcohol use hasn't yet effected one's appearance.

JMO
I agree with your opinion. I would think drug tests would be necessary for his part-time school security job. He also applied to the local law enforcement agency which makes me think he is clean.

View attachment 393892

I swear it was confirmed somewhere that the placement of the stools was in fact LE? If anyone has that on hand feel free to add otherwise I’ll do a deeper dive later… my memory could also be wrong. Either way I get the sense that the back slider door was used quite a bit- almost as a main entrance/exit for friends and guests. I think even if the lock was perfectly fine it may not have been kept locked much. (JMO/speculation of course)

View attachment 393892

LE actually did do it. The weird placement of the stools raised questions earlier, but some pics from earlier in the processing of the scene did NOT have those stools there, meaning LE had to have been the ones to put them there.

Edited to add pics (with dates/sources). One from Nov 14 with no stools there. One from Nov 18 with the stools:

Attachments

• E86502F7-DA98-48CF-84CA-17326CFEEE49.jpeg
    E86502F7-DA98-48CF-84CA-17326CFEEE49.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 16A9726C-CB7B-4D93-9A8C-F700E35956AF.jpeg
    16A9726C-CB7B-4D93-9A8C-F700E35956AF.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I’ve been thinking long and hard about his possible motive. Things like what motivated him to select these particular kids or this particular house. Was one victim his target? Two? Or did this particular house provide the simple opportunity to satisfy his urge to kill? All of the things we’ve been speculating about. Then it occurred to me that his motive might be the current “phase” he's in now. The “criminal justice” phase; the arrest and subsequent trial. A trial in which he thinks his expertise in all things having to do with criminology will shine. I think it has more to do with his ego and desire to outwit and show his superiority while actually in the criminal justice system. This is what he planned for. Maybe even his “sloppiness” was part of his plan to be caught, charged, and tried. He had to get caught… if my line of thinking is correct. He could actually believe his academic knowledge coupled with whatever he purposely did to evade or mislead prosecutors will prove superior to everything and everyone else and there will be enough reasonable doubt that he might actually be found not guilty. After all, in his mind he’s been studying this for years. It might have less to do with the actual act of killing (or how he was able to kill 4 kids so stealthy and quickly) and more to do with satisfying his sick ego. I guess what I’m trying to say is that it’s more like the murders were just a means to this end phase.

Naturally just my opinion.

He doesn’t have to take the stand in his own defense, his defense attorney just has to make reasonable doubt to the jury? JMO
Remember Sleuthers it takes just one person on a jury to vote not guilty for a mistrial!
The Rhoden/Giley murders where investigated for over 2 years before they made an arrest after that the LE was getting evidence 5 years later, just saying that LE has a long way to go still yet!

I fully understand that and my response was to a very specific statement, “accused could simply say …’

Accused could ‘say’ by taking the stand but certainly a defence attorney’s job is to cast doubt, which I interpret and something very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member