ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
If pictured in the mind, dm wakes up and hears “what she thought was k playing with her do in one of the rooms upstairs. I’m pretty sure she would know ks voice. If right after she heard the same voice say someone’s here, it was likely k as well. It would be now a few minutes after 4. If the timeline is correct and dm is now awake that means she would have been awake to hear if someone pulled slider open go across the kitchen and go up two winding wooden stairwells passed her door upstairs to kill the two girls above her and go back down the stairs around to da room. That would mean k was awake when bk would have gotten in sometime after atleast 4:08 or so from timeline.

She was paying attention once she woke up. He’s a tall guy not dainty in a rush. Seems impossible a person would hear someone say someone’s here but not all the noises of sliding doors, ups and downs of stairs and a murder of two people directly above but would hear a whimper from all the way through living room around corner.

I’m not putting dm down. No matter what it’s horrific.

I’m just saying there’s something missing.

It doesn't have to turn us into bullies either though.
We can still have empathy.
Remain human.
The courts will punish him.
We don't need to become toxic .
It's being dealt with.
I prefer to stay open because I will become ill otherwise..
I understand, humans are compassionate in nature. I do feel bad for him when I saw him on TV. I digress, there are criminals who were abused and neglected. Jeffrey Dahmer suffered a traumatic childhood abused. Many were failed by the adults around them and sometimes, by the system. BK suffered neither. He has supportive parents and siblings, he appeared to have grown up with a normal childhood in the suburb. There was no history of abused. He was even let go twice by police for a traffic violations with no tickets (twice, 10 minutes apart). Instead of mental illness (which is unverified), most likely he did it for the thrill or his thesis.

Moo

Last edited:
IMO, if that is truly BK writing those posts over a decade ago, it may explain him but it doesn't excuse him.

The line, "I feel like a criminal, but where is my record?" seems to me that in order to feel whole, he felt it was necessary to commit an actual crime and have a verified criminal record.

If that is even really BK---the picture IMO looks like him but more like him now, not at aged 15 or so.

If it's true that BK was feeling all this disassociation, visual snow, suicidal thoughts, hostility to his sweet father, lack of being real, that is beyond awful.

It doesn't excuse what he did.

He could've stolen money or something and earned himself a criminal record. Plus he references some medical help he was receiving.

He doesn't appear to not know right from wrong, or he wouldn't have taken the steps he did to exit the scene.

Jmo
I agree! It does not excuse what he did-nothing does.
It just might help explain how he got where he is now. I still feel empathy for the 15 year old going through confusing scary health issues. I still hope he gets the DP for the record.

It's important because even though she saw him walk towards a door she has no way to know whether or not he actually left the building/ The threat remained present for all she knew. pCA states she froze, this suggests she got a whole lot of seriously bad vibes from this guy as well as a physical description.
That might be relevant.
she had no reason to freeze before he came along even though it had been an eventful night in terms of disturbance.
I think he scared her but she had no way of knowing what he had just done at the time.
I think whatever she 'saw' in him was terrifying.
Agreed about whether or not he left the building. The affidavit states it “leads” officers to believe he left the building. Doesn’t even say lead them to believe. States leads meaning that’s what they believe.

Okay, so, I'm going to post this, since an Admin posted that it's now allowed. I wanted to post a more direct source but I was advised that source is (still) off limits. However, I found a discussion on Reddit about the very thing so here it goes....

DM and another MSM have broken stories about suspecting BK participating in discussions under a pseudonym of PR. I have several comments and seen screenshots of posts made by this PR and, though they're creepy, there's 1 in particular that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It was one about the knife sheath. 4 weeks prior to the PCA becoming public. This person had stated the sheath was left at the scene. There was argument back and forth about it with others claiming it was far fetched, etc but the OP kept insisting and would not back down. I cannot come up with any reason why anybody, but the killer, would have known this prior to the PDA, which is specifically why I wanted to discuss it here. For the love of chocolate ice cream, can anyone here think of a viable reason why someone would throw that out there 4 weeks prior to it becoming public??

Here are a couple of the screenshotsView attachment 393971View attachment 393972

and here is the source & discussion on it:
I kind of see his point. They knew right away they were looking for. Kabar or kabar type knife. The most likely way you know what specific info is if the sheath is left behind or the knife is left behind (and then they wouldn’t be looking for it). If the sheath wasn’t left behind they could estimate blade length and width but I don’t think they would throw Kabar out there.

IMO, it’s as if BK doesn’t know how to make ‘small talk”.He appears to be very “forward” as if he is not paying attention to social manners or Grace.
Yep. He misses social cues that go beyond the "normal" understanding that a woman might not be interested. Like, maybe if you've had a drink and a chat, asking "Are you here with friends?" or "Are you seeing someone?" might be OK questions. If you're talking that way to staff, that's never OK, nor is it OK to ask where someone lives. Especially with that phrase—asking if you live in town or the neighborhood hits different than "Where do you live?" and he seems not to understand the difference. I don't care if we've been having a nice chat; those questions are absolutely out of bounds. And your average guy knows that. I'm not going to diagnose or parse what's up with this dude, but something is definitely off with him socially.

I read through all those posts and, yes, they are quite alarming. Demons in his head, waking up to the sound of screams in his head, dissociation (feeling like nothing is real), extreme depression, suicidal ideation. No 15-16 year old should feel that way.

I've always been of the opinion that he murdered because he felt a compulsion to do so. Now I think that compulsion could have come from the desire to feel something to break through the sense of disassociation and feeling no emotions. He just wanted to feel something.

That could also be why he was interested in what violent offenders felt before, during, and after their crimes, as demonstrated in the survey that he posted on Reddit.

Sorry, don't care one bit about his VS or his mental issues. He knew what he was doing was wrong and he did it anyway. He may have all sorts of head junk, but he isn't insane.
I was just about to say this. Sure, it’s sad that any young person has to experience things like this. But I’m just not connecting how this visual snow led to a brutal and planned attack in the middle of the night, in a mostly dark house. Those who were viciously attacked did not enter his world and then he responded. No, he chose them. He stalked them (IMO). He did this for months. His visual snow didn’t stop him from being successful academically. He was able to manage his day to day living, ADLs, and seemingly functioned in numerous ways. People are shocked and in disbelief suggesting they weren’t overly concerned that his mental wellbeing would eventually lead to this. He’s 28 now. He’s made it for a long while after he (if him) reported the way he was feeling so long ago. I just don’t think it led to this. Even if it did, my compassion is with Xana, Ethan, Maddie and Kaylee. What they went through is far worse than anything he has ever experienced/felt. He had a chance to tell someone about his extremely dark thoughts. They did not have an opportunity to stop this. I’m not at all being snarky as I get annoyed when I read snarky posts. I just felt compelled to say something as I am surprised at the recent compassion for the alleged killer. I get it because it is sad that he felt like that as a child. But he’s an adult now. A functioning adult that knows right from wrong. It worries me that someone on the jury could feel this way. All IMO and I may change my mind if things come forward that dispute my current understanding of all of this.

I respectively disagree...as of what we the public, know right now, IMO its no where near a "prosecutor's dream", its very circumstantial.

There in no murder weapon, no eyewitness', no DNA mixed with the victims, no finger prints, no motive, no video of the killer, sketchy cell phone pings due to the lack of towers in the area making them up for speculation and argument, police giving out the incorrect year model of the Elantra only changed once BCK was linked to a 2015 etc... MOO
If they have video of the car parking, they likely have video of someone getting out of it and walking in the direction of the house. Carrying or wearing a very large knife, as well as all black and a mask.

MOO... they have a LOT more evidence that they just didn't need to reveal with the PCA. Moscow PD was getting heat all of December and turns out they had him for a month and were just getting ducks in a row - I think they will have the same situation here

"At Washington State, Mr. Kohberger was continuing with his studies, his classmates said. B.K. Norton, who was in the same graduate program as Mr. Kohberger, said his quiet, intense demeanor had made some classmates uncomfortable.

Another student said Mr. Kohberger seemed interested in the thought processes of criminals while they committed crimes and less interested in the social factors that might lead people to do so, saying that he believed some people were just bound to break the law. The fellow student, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he feared that speaking publicly could jeopardize his safety, described Mr. Kohberger as the black sheep of the class, often taking contrarian viewpoints and sometimes getting into arguments with his peers, particularly women.

The classmate recalled one instance in which Mr. Kohberger began explaining a somewhat elementary criminology concept to a fellow doctoral student, who then accused him of “mansplaining.” A heated back-and-forth ensued and the doctoral student eventually stormed out of the classroom, he said."

Idaho Murder Suspect Had Been a Student of the Criminal Mind

Something still is not right, BK is highly trained in criminology, first thing he is going to say that he was there with the other people that morning and that is how his DNA got on the knife case and his finger prints where found, not counting he is going to say he was there during party’s, LE is going to have to find more evidence than his phone trace, JMO

The first thing to keep in mind is that they didn't lay out their entire case. Just enough to get the warrant. So this is kind of like an evidence appetizer. Or maybe hors d'oeuvre. Definitely not the main course of evidence.

Plus, I'm not sure we can all agree that he was highly trained in criminology. He does have his Masters, but he didn't complete his research project. He screwed up and didn't finish, so they let him do a paper instead. I would argue that he didn't even meet all the minimum requirements to get his Masters and they cut him a big break.

When you say "that morning", exactly what do you mean? I'm not sure I follow you there. :) And to sell the idea that he attended parties there, he'll have to find someone who can say they saw him attending at least one of their parties and that he was welcome. If even one person remembers he was there and tossed out on his ear for doing something creepy, he's screwed. Plus, he was not part of their social circle or they would have recognized him and the words D overhead would have included something like "what are you doing here".

But, first, the defense will have to explain why his DNA is on the sheath that was found right next to the dead girl. And for all we know, there's DNA from at least one of his victims on it, too. There is a lot we don't know yet.

I understand, humans are compassionate in nature. I do feel bad for him when I saw him on TV. I digress, there are criminals who were abused and neglected. Jeffrey Dahmer suffered a traumatic childhood abused. Many were failed by the adults around them and sometimes, by the system. BK was suffered neither. He has supportive parents and siblings, he appeared to have grown up with a normal childhood in the suburb. There was no history of abused. He was even let go twice by police for a traffic violations with no tickets (twice, 10 minutes apart). Instead of mental illness (which is unverified), most likely he did it for thrill or his thesis.

Moo
There is though.
He was bullied by his peers, allegedly
He consumed Class A drugs, heroin, namely, allegedly That's abuse too even though he likely was medicating trauma, and even though he inflicted it on his own psyche and soma, it's still an infliction.
We don't know his full story yet.
A loving family cannot protect a child from external forces no matter how much they love them, sadly.

Bullying a child because of his weight or whatever is assault on his whole life..

Sorry, don't care one bit about his VS or his mental issues. He knew what he was doing was wrong and he did it anyway. He may have all sorts of head junk, but he isn't insane.
I was just about to say this. Sure, it’s sad that any young person has to experience things like this. But I’m just not connecting how this visual snow led to a brutal and planned attack in the middle of the night, in a mostly dark house. Those who were viciously attacked did not enter his world and then he responded. No, he chose them. He stalked them (IMO). He did this for months. His visual snow didn’t stop him from being successful academically. He was able to manage his day to day living, ADLs, and seemingly functioned in numerous ways. People are shocked and in disbelief suggesting they weren’t overly concerned that his mental wellbeing would eventually lead to this. He’s 28 now. He’s made it for a long while after he (if him) reported the way he was feeling so long ago. I just don’t think it led to this. Even if it did, my compassion is with Xana, Ethan, Maddie and Kaylee. What they went through is far worse than anything he has ever experienced/felt. He had a chance to tell someone about his extremely dark thoughts. They did not have an opportunity to stop this. I’m not at all being snarky as I get annoyed when I read snarky posts. I just felt compelled to say something as I am surprised at the recent compassion for the alleged killer. I get it because it is sad that he felt like that as a child. But he’s an adult now. A functioning adult that knows right from wrong. It worries me that someone on the jury could feel this way. All IMO and I may change my mind if things come forward that dispute my current understanding of all of this. Oh, I meant to say is violence common with this condition? I do not know a lot about it.

I'm jumping back in. Never-before-seen photos and details about accused Idaho killer This article mentions BK's drug use. Has anyone read anything about him that would cause us to believe that he may have been dealing? I am not AT ALL insinuating anything other than that he may have been in that area (Moscow, that specific road) repeatedly to see a client. I don't have anything to support this, that is why I am asking if anyone has read something that may support this. I also don't think this is why he was there, I think he went to that area repeatedly with the intent of stalking his victim(s).

Interesting thought, but I can’t get past the fact that this guy made so many mistakes.
Either he is not nearly the mastermind some thought he was, or he enjoys attention even if it is negative attention.
If his intention was to pull of the perfect murder, and get by with it, that hasn’t happened. I can’t help but be curious as to what he thinks about his crime now.

We will know more if and when this goes to trial. I assume his ego won’t let him admit guilt or take a plea.

JMO
He's not a mastermind. He has one 33 year old online prof who thinks his writing is brilliant (and the HTC documents from TapATalk do show an expressive young writer, if he was 18). He probably has a quality. Certainly, his advisor allowed him to shirk both the proper writing of a questionnaire AND the collection of data (but still wrote him her best recommendation, as I understand it, IMO).

She never met him in person. He probably had good grades - but attended at his own pace.

IMO, I don’t think BKs eyebrows are that bushy.

They are thick and stand out which does in fact fit his description. Does it prove it was him? No.

Does it help add another piece to solving the crime? Yes.

Everything adds up, A totality of the evidence.

A male
5-foot-10 or taller
Not very muscular
Athletically built
Bushy eyebrows

Owns same make and model of car seen around the home
His phone pinged and/or car was seen 12 times around home before murders
His phone pinged and/or car was seen around home the morning of the murders

His touch DNA was found at the crime scene, not on doorknobs like he had visited in the past, but on the knife sheath that the murder weapon was in

His DNA matched his dad's DNA from his trash

He was out at 4:00am with gloves on putting his trash in his neighbor's trash bin

Crime student who studied a serial killer who also killed 4 people at once

Weird negative encounters with women, calling one a b@#$% for ignoring his advances

Possible social media tie to one or 2 victims

And so on....A giant puzzle. Each piece of evidence and witness testimony goes into the puzzle
creating the picture of the perpetrator of these 4 murders.

Last edited:
Ah yes you're right, thanks!
It's mentioned in this very long, interesting post

"I can't talk without flinching now. I used to be this healthy blonde haired boy with blue eyes, and in a few years I have darker hair and darker eyes, half the body weight"

Seems that perhaps his weight fluctuated often? MOO, IMO etc
He’s saying his eye color changed. I've known that hair color can change as one ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph