ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, after pondering his comment, I've came to this as a parent:

"They didn't have to go up there. They didn't HAVE to kill my baby and her best friend."

JMO
IMO, therefore, the targets were on the second floor (X and E). The killer had a beef with X and E

There seems to be time unaccounted for both before and after... Doodling around on my own map, it appears he came from the east with no obvious reason for doing so.View attachment 394193

Then a hypothetical path home that matches up with the times...
View attachment 394194

Is there some point of interest over here?
View attachment 394195
Looking at the maps and timelines (inc my post on a previous thread here) I wonder about the drive from Pullman to King road:

1. Was he choosing this odd route to fetch something, to see something, to meet someone or to avoid to be seen by the cameras? Or something else entirely? Heck, maybe taking drugs before the "action"?

2. Why the circling before onset. Why not sit still and look at the house, makes way more sense somehow. Afraid of car being seen standing somewhere? But now it was seen on more cameras. I mean it's a generic car and with engine off at the night... Did he still have several options of houses to enter and was circling between them? (I personally don't think it's likely, but he could have been stalking more than one household)

3. HOW did he know as he departed that a) the target(s) is at home, b) there is no party or other extra activity (e.g hookup over, movie night with roomies) at the home? Like did he just take the drive with all the weapon and costume "just in case" it works out? Also, did he have a burner phone to continue monitoring at least their online activity while his original phone was turned off?

Last edited:
TBH, I was questioning a specific neurological problem, which potentially might cause grandiosity as well as periodic visual distortions. Another explaination could be sensory processing disorder, coming in so many forms.
I have sensory processing disorder, and it has by no means created murderous ideations in me. Unless you have thoroughly studied what SPD actually is, it is very often misunderstood for something that it is most definitely not. SPD has zero correlation with psychopathy, or violent ideations or tendencies.

I have sensory processing disorder, and it has by no means created murderous ideations in me. Unless you have thoroughly studied what SPD actually is, it is very often misunderstood for something that it is most definitely not. SPD has zero correlation with psychopathy, or violent ideations or tendencies.

TBH, I was commenting on what could be underlying the symptoms of snow vision and dissociations, and by no means, discussing murderous intentions. We are very limited here, as science of homicidal urges is not studied. At least MRI and EEG someone complaining of such symptoms (snow vision, dissociations) deserves, IMHO. As to SPD, it is more complex and might present very differently in different people. However, the way a newspaper might look to some people with visual processing disorder reminded me of snow vision.

Last edited:
Those wondering where BK might have bought the knife, I was thinking it reminds me of the dagger knife from the B.C murders a few years back. One of the killers had a replica of a Hitler knife with a swastika on it. It was bought online.

Army surplus shops, antique sales, flea markets sell things like this. BK could've paid cash easily if he bought it IRL.

Something tells me that he's had a murder fantasy for a while. Maybe when he was younger, out in the woods alone, maybe he killed an animal or practiced on something?

If he had experience with boxing and anatomy, he could have practiced while holding a knife instead of punching? In fact now saying that, I could totally see how someone could incorporate boxing technique with stabbing, knowing where all the "sweet spots" are. Super creepy!

TBH, I was commenting on snow vision and dissociations, not murders.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that - as I mentioned though, as someone who has SPD and knows it well, I would be remiss if I did not also further clarify that the phenomenon of snow vision, as well as a tendency or predisposition to experience disassociative states, also have no physiological or psychological connection to, or correlation with sensory processing disorder. SPD and sensory processing disturbances are two very different things, and I just think that that’s a really important distinction to make so people don’t get the wrong idea, respectfully. :)

Last edited:
I wonder if he was casing other homes in Moscow and stalking other potential victims, or if he had fixated exclusively on the residents of the King Road home. I find it terrifying to think how many people he may have had in his sights.

I have the same question because maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be able to walk into that house in the dark and know which way to turn to find bedrooms, and especially to know how to get to the third floor that fast and without making noise and turning on lights. He must have cased that address......(even after seeing 3+ visual aides of the inside of the house, it is still confusing to me. And who was in what room...!)

I don't personally think his "research" interest existed beyond wanting to kill people for the sake of killing them.

But I do think he smugly assumed a police force he considered "small-time" would be no match for him. We obviously saw how that worked out. MOO

I suspect he wanted the internship primarily because he thought it would give him a leg up in his interest in committing a murder (access to information, for example)--and possibly because the idea of tricking the local police in that way amused him.

I'm starting to think his whole line of study was somehow related to his murder fascination.

And, I agree he was narcissistic enough to think he could easily outwit the small-town police department. But, he should have known killing four students would bring in the FBI.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that - as I mentioned though, as someone who has SPD and knows it well, I would be remiss if I did not also further clarify that the phenomenon of snow vision, as well as a tendency or predisposition to experience disassociative states, also have no physiological or psychological connection to, or correlation with sensory processing disorder. I just think that that’s a really important distinction to make so people don’t get the wrong idea, respectfully. :)

Respectfully :) - here is an issue. Irlen syndrome is considered pseudocondition; yet I know some people with dyslexia and certain SPD symptoms who swear that they can't read a newspaper because only the central part is clear. I believe them as they clearly have some poorly explained visual issues. To myself, I decided that maybe in five years, we'll have an explanation to what they experience. Visual sensory system is so complex.

Spot on. There have been " blade murders," several in Oregon. David Grubbs lived in Ashland, Oregon (college town) and was beheaded. Open-unsolved 10 years... a sweet young man, singer and working at the local grocery. Walking thru the park/bike path going home one early evening.

Hard to think this killer was not experienced... hope for Justice - - - and DNA hits. CODIS and general public DNA tests
Someone probably already answered this - but you don't get in the CODIS database until you are convicted of a crime. And then it will only match to you. Not your Brother, not your Dad, not your Cousins. (That kind of DNA test is more involved & costs more.) We all WISH CODIS did the bigger test.

Sorry if this has already been said.

I don't know. Everything occurs on a continuum, and killing four strangers in a house with a knife in the night, if this is what he really came for, would be a stretch for a top-end serial killer. The entire crime seems to be edging toward grandiosity, and I wondered about a somatic problem when reading about all that snow vision. But this is me putting together the few pieces we can see of the puzzle and guessing at the rest which means I might be running right off the rails. I'm convinced he committed the crime to experience the taking of a human life, but there are other more-likely-to-be-successful ways of killing, including some that are legal.

I keep coming back to this--if he intended to kill all four--was this his first kill?

Or, did was there one intended target and things just went sideways?

I agree. In the ten plus years I have been here, I have never called suspects or POI''s by anything other than intials, but the victims have done nothing to have their names hidden, and for that reason, I will continue to say their names...

Kaylee Goncalves
Maddie Mogen
Xana Kernodle
Ethan Chapin

While their killer's name does not deserve to be spoken or remembered, their names will be remembered forever by all that know and love them, and many who have never met them. JMO
Sometimes people don’t want to get in trouble or have their post deleted so they type things the safe way if they are unsure. It doesn’t mean they are disrespectful to a victim.

Respectfully :) - here is an issue. Irlen syndrome is considered pseudocondition; yet I know some people with dyslexia and certain SPD symptoms who swear that they can't read a newspaper because only the central part is clear. I believe them as they clearly have some poorly explained visual issues. To myself, I decided that maybe in five years, we'll have an explanation to what they experience. Visual sensory system is so complex.
This is highly complicated subject matter, and I don’t disagree with some of the things that you’ve said above, however I felt it was important to respond to your original post in an attempt to make the distinction (I see that you have now edited that post to expound upon your statement and have clarified it further - thank you). The beauty of this forum is that we can both offer our voices and opinions, and still be respectful enough of one another that we can agree to disagree, and that’s ok. Thank you for engaging in the conversation with me respectfully - and hopefully we have both given others in this forum food for thought with regard to this subject and how it may or may not relate to BK. :)

Last edited:
Someone probably already answered this - but you don't get in the CODIS database until you are convicted of a crime. And then it will only match to you. Not your Brother, not your Dad, not your Cousins. (That kind of DNA test is more involved & costs more.) We all WISH CODIS did the bigger test.

Sorry if this has already been said.

Scott Reisch, criminal defence attorney, discusses many things the defence will need to attack as they relate to BK and the case against him. The sheath is particularly important as juries love DNA evidence and unless they can explain away why it’s there completely, they will have a problem.

Camille Vasquez, Johnny Depp’s attorney, has joined NBC News as a legal analyst and will be commenting on the case.

Today Show tweet that includes a video worth watching. At 3:00 CV discusses the case

Last edited:
he did not do this entirely alone...imo...and....check out the visual snow posts....2fries advises him to indulge his darkest fantasies/urges to free him self (as 2fries claims he did)...not saying 2fries is his accomplice (and he logged in to that thread 3 days ago) but BK appears to reach out online and undoubtedly found other kindred

Bottom line...LE would never let him wear any shoes other than what they put on his feet after he was arrested. Whatever he was wearing at the time of arrest was taken into evidence. Common sense isn't even an issue here. MOO
Then, do you think if he had been wearing Vans or Vans were in his roommthat the PCA would mention that/?

I assume yes. So unless found at his apt they are long gone.

Whoever said the shoes looked like old Vans is not far off, but the govt shoe website convinced me that they are not. I am prepared to believe he is capable of many mistakes, though.

he did not do this entirely alone...imo...and....check out the visual snow posts....2fries advises him to indulge his darkest fantasies/urges to free him self (as 2fries claims he did)...not saying 2fries is his accomplice (and he logged in to that thread 3 days ago) but BK appears to reach out online and undoubtedly found other kindred
dont believe he acted alone either , something about the car's movements during the 4am-4.30 am time make me feel there were two people not one ...JMO....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member