ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeing if anyone else has checked into this but it’s pretty hard to find many cameras that record sound 50 ft away. It would have to be a totl camera. Ring cameras only record like 10 ft.
I will respectfully disagree:). We have Ring cameras and the front door one is > 100 ft from the road. EVERY time a car drives or a person walks down the street it records the motion. They are incredibly sensitive and heavy snow/rain, bugs in the summer can trigger it to record. I often turn off the notification sometimes because it gets to be too much.

There's a new tool being used for DNA collection that has proven more effective than standard methods. M-Vac is a sterile wet-vacuum. Collection solution is sprayed onto the surface while simultaneously being vacuumed off of the surface. It creates a "mini-hurricane" that loosens the DNA material which is transferred to the collection bottle and later concentrated onto a filter. Here's a link to information about the system.

As far as the lighting issue goes, I often get up on the middle of the night and wander around the house without turning on lights. There is typically enough ambient light from things like street lights, digital oven clock, my cell phone, etc... I also remember seeing twinkle lights and neon signs around the house and not sure some of those might not have been left on as well.

With respect, I know we are all on pins and needles looking for any info we can, but this seems to be such an invasion of privacy. The poor man is just trying to clean up the mess from his house on the worst night of his life and camera people are hiding in the bushes taking pictures. He probably can't afford to even hire someone to do it, or can't find someone willing to come out to that address. I know I am a ninny, but I often have sympathy for the innocent families of killers as well, unless they are somehow shown to be involved.
He was “spotted” cleaning up debris. Translation: We are camped out 2 feet from the property with zoom lenses aimed at the family 24/7.

Is there a document outlining or quoting what BK stated to the extradition counsel?

Agree with you here. As per the affadavit, Murphy was found in a different room from the bodies of Kaylee and Maddie so that certainly leads me to think that Murphy was not in the room when the murders took place. IMO.
Agree, with you both.
Wanted to comment on the Occam's Razor part though, "pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate, plurality should not be posited without necessity." We can throw the razor and the whole shaving kit out given the facts of the case overall as they are understood so far. The principal is often wrong, especially when dealing with behavior. (all moo)

I will respectfully disagree:). We have Ring cameras and the front door one is > 100 ft from the road. EVERY time a car drives or a person walks down the street it records the motion. They are incredibly sensitive and heavy snow/rain, bugs in the summer can trigger it to record. I often turn off the notification sometimes because it gets to be too much.
Agree. And right now I’m hearing thuds. So I checked to see if my cam is recording the loud sounds. No record of the thuds is being recorded unless it coincides with a car going by. (It’s construction hammering outside the field of my cam’s range.)

Agree. And right now I’m hearing thuds. So I checked to see if my cam is recording the loud sounds. No record of the thuds is being recorded unless it coincides with a car going by. It’s construction hammering outside the field of my cam’s range.)
It depends on how you set the ring. I set it in about 10ft, if you tilted the ring, it will face a different angle and can catch the cars and people on the street—the battery will die very quickly as it will be constantly in recording . I use batteries operated ring so I want the distance to be short to save battery life. It pretty much works the same way as the motion sensitive drive way lights, you can set the activation distance during installation.

Now the Daily Mail is stalking DM at her family home in Boise. There are several pics in the article but I'm choosing not to post them here.
DM = NE
"Kohberger wrote in his essay he had interest in assisting rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological data in public safety operations," an arrest affidavit states.
Well he inadvertently ended up helping the rural Moscow PD to up there game and learn so much...
Just seeing if anyone else has checked into this but it’s pretty hard to find many cameras that record sound 50 ft away. It would have to be a totl camera. Ring cameras only record like 10 ft.
This camera picking up sounds 50 feet away possibly inside a house has always made me wonder. It seems to me if it was able to pick up that, the video sound would also be overpowered by traffic noise, actual voices in all the homes, bird chirping and other organic surrounding noises IDK
Just seems odd especially for a residential camera...much less recording continually. MOO

I haven't spent much time on motivation to this point but this is what has come together for me. I would be interested in hearing thoughts on this. :) I don't think BK held a very high opinion of himself. I think he just pretended to. Back in the Dark Ages, when I was just out of college ;), I had this crazy idea that people who display a superiority complex are often over compensating for an inferiority complex. Since then I've read articles that support that. Dumb luck on my part, I assure you, but I think that's what BK was doing. He desperately wanted to be a genius and get the girl. Being socially awkward, he did what he thought portrayed those things. Only he didn't get it right and he offended people, creeped them out and was rejected again and again.

I think that's why he graded the students so harshly, to show them that he was smarter than they were. "Here's what I know and why you got it wrong." That's why his former friend said BK told him he wasn't very smart and put him down. And he really didn't like women showing him up. Like the woman in class that he made so angry she stormed out and left her things behind.

The same with dating, like when he stated that he could go to a club and get any woman he wanted. Pitiful, really. My experience has been that guys who really can get any (or almost any) woman they want don't spend their time bragging about what they could do. They just do what they do and laugh as the other guys eat their hearts out.

I'm starting to believe he either already had an unhealthy fascination with murder, or he developed one during his studies. I'm not sure why. But I do think he was came into contact with at least one of the girls, and it ended with him somehow being offended, insulted, or rejected. Maybe he asked to come to one of their parties, and was told no. Maybe he asked one of them his standard creepy questions about their schedule and where they lived, and they told him to stuff it.

Whatever it was, he began stalking her/them, fantasizing about his revenge. Either he's killed before and this was an escalation murder, or he didn't go in there intending to kill four people with pretty much his bare hands. He may have kick boxed, but he's not trained in hand to hand combat that we know of, so I can't think he could expect to take on four people and have no complications. But I can sort of see him thinking he could sneak in during the wee hours, kill the one who offended him, and leave.

Only it didn't work out the way he planned for it to. Xena was still awake. And that changed everything. Right now, I think the reason he didn't see D was because he was freak out by the fact that he just killed four people and just wanted to get the heck out of there before anyone else showed up. And that's why he sped away. He was fleeing.

Thoughts?

Yet he made so many mistakes!

Despite taking classes about digital forensics etc, he brought his phone to the scene (lol) and turned it off and on shortly before and after the crimes, pinging within the vicinity of the crime scene.

Plus the knife sheath which just cements his guilt IMHO.

Also wanted to note that when looking at the knife in pictures, IMO the weapon itself did a lot of the damage, not so much that BK had amazing knife wielding skills.

That's what confounds me the most. He made mistakes he never should have made. He made mistakes he knew better than to make.

I have eight(8) 4K video cameras around my property. The have incredibly clear video... but no sound.

I never thought sound would be important and I wonder how many video camera systems other than doorbell applications like Ring, have actual audio?

Last edited:
DM = NE

Well he inadvertently ended up helping the rural Moscow PD to up there game and learn so much...

This camera picking up sounds 50 feet away possibly inside a house has always made me wonder. It seems to me if it was able to pick up that, the video sound would also be overpowered by traffic noise, actual voices in all the homes, bird chirping and other organic surrounding noises IDK
Just seems odd especially for a residential camera...much less recording continually. MOO

MOO -- a camera picking up a sound without an image to go along with that sound doesn't seem like great evidence to me. Who knows what made the sound or what direction it came from.

I wish the camera had picked up an image of the killer.

You know, if BK had just controlled himself and stuck to the program his dissertation would have been published online. JMO

I haven't spent much time on motivation to this point but this is what has come together for me. I would be interested in hearing thoughts on this. :) I don't think BK held a very high opinion of himself. I think he just pretended to. Back in the Dark Ages, when I was just out of college ;), I had this crazy idea that people who display a superiority complex are often over compensating for an inferiority complex. Since then I've read articles that support that. Dumb luck on my part, I assure you, but I think that's what BK was doing. He desperately wanted to be a genius and get the girl. Being socially awkward, he did what he thought portrayed those things. Only he didn't get it right and he offended people, creeped them out and was rejected again and again.

I think that's why he graded the students so harshly, to show them that he was smarter than they were. "Here's what I know and why you got it wrong." That's why his former friend said BK told him he wasn't very smart and put him down. And he really didn't like women showing him up. Like the woman in class that he made so angry she stormed out and left her things behind.

The same with dating, like when he stated that he could go to a club and get any woman he wanted. Pitiful, really. My experience has been that guys who really can get any (or almost any) woman they want don't spend their time bragging about what they could do. They just do what they do and laugh as the other guys eat their hearts out.

I'm starting to believe he either already had an unhealthy fascination with murder, or he developed one during his studies. I'm not sure why. But I do think he was came into contact with at least one of the girls, and it ended with him somehow being offended, insulted, or rejected. Maybe he asked to come to one of their parties, and was told no. Maybe he asked one of them his standard creepy questions about their schedule and where they lived, and they told him to stuff it.

Whatever it was, he began stalking her/them, fantasizing about his revenge. Either he's killed before and this was an escalation murder, or he didn't go in there intending to kill four people with pretty much his bare hands. He may have kick boxed, but he's not trained in hand to hand combat that we know of, so I can't think he could expect to take on four people and have no complications. But I can sort of see him thinking he could sneak in during the wee hours, kill the one who offended him, and leave.

Only it didn't work out the way he planned for it to. Xena was still awake. And that changed everything. Right now, I think the reason he didn't see D was because he was freak out by the fact that he just killed four people and just wanted to get the heck out of there before anyone else showed up. And that's why he sped away. He was fleeing.

Thoughts?

Extremely well thought out post maskedwoman!

I agree 100%. In fact, when I go to parties or reunions or whatever, I am so put aback with pompous or degrading people that I actually get rude with them and call them out before I leave to go talk to someone who is more down to earth and real.

I hate pompous and know it alls. I have a masters degree in a very technical field and that is absolutely THE LAST THING I would ever even mention to anyone. I try to be humble... because those are the people I like.

BK seems like someone who thinks he is smarter than he really is and has a low self esteem to where he has to outwardly show how smart he thinks he is. It's really a red flag for a weakness.

The reality is people who think they are smarter than everyone else often do not take advice from others.. and that is their downfall.

He made a multitude of mistakes because he thought he was smart. In reality, he is pretty dumb.

The sheath left at the crime scene (with the USMC logo) many be purchased separately and it is fairly inexpesenive. The point is that you can have one knife and several identical sheaths.
This specific sheath can be purchased separately but it is not common at all. A quick visit to the amazon showed only one seller option which goes for $20.15. I would say that for each sheath that is sold separately 1000 or more are sold with the knife.

JMHO

Shameful. Was this the publication that hacked murder victims' homes?
I agree -- That poor girl. you can see on her face. As soon as she was behind her front door, those tears started flowing.
She needs to be left alone to grieve her roommates, and to grieve her life that will never be the same. The life she planned for her self, the way she thought things would turn out.. these are also HUGE losses to a young person.
I can not imagine the intrusive thoughts that are most likely taking over her mind. The depression, the guilt. Her life, and her self imagine are changed for ever.
It is absolutely disgusting that media personal would stoop so low for a buck.
Report on something else and leave this girl alone.

* this is my first post so not sure how this goes but I believe I am supposed to add -- JMO - MOO

Ring cameras record only when motion is detected. Mine will record every car that drives by if it senses the motion. There are other brands of security cameras that record 24/7 and footage is saved in the cloud. I’ve seen some that can record more than 100 ft away. It just depends on the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther