Suspect Drew Peterson #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am puzzled by the first wife's reaction..this seems to be a totally different man that she was married to many years ago. Does this mean that over time Drew continued with his cheating, but perhaps became even more controlling, and felt that he had the right to abuse his spouses? He abused his wives, other then #1, has he also abused his children, maybe not physically, but emotionally?
Did something happen to his mental health when he became a cop that let him believe he could hold authority over everyone..esspecially family members?

They were both just teenagers when they met. I suspect over the years he got more cocky and arrogant. I saw an article where she said she saw him recently at a wedding and was surprised at how he was acting. Bragging constantly and talking about pulling out a gun ...

I wonder if the classmates are teasing his children. Or if they are asking his kids questions. Or telling them what they heard. He doesn't want his kids to start asking him questions. But I think it's a way to try to get the media to back off. So it can all be covered up again.

I am puzzled by the first wife's reaction..this seems to be a totally different man that she was married to many years ago. Does this mean that over time Drew continued with his cheating, but perhaps became even more controlling, and felt that he had the right to abuse his spouses? He abused his wives, other then #1, has he also abused his children, maybe not physically, but emotionally?
Did something happen to his mental health when he became a cop that let him believe he could hold authority over everyone..esspecially family members?

I think this marriage was basically happy, but he became disillusioned by the day to day routine of the children and work. He blew it when he cheated on her, and she left him.

I think every relationship since then has been an attempt to recreate that one, and when it hasn't worked he has lashed out at the women who "failed" to live up to his expectations, his anger and level of violence increasing as he saw his chances at happiness dwindling with each broken relationship.

That's my unprofessional psychiatric diagnosis. No charge. :cool:

Fox got some coverage/interview of him arriving home. It's disgusting as usual. They don't have the video up on the website yet, but I just saw it on Fox. It's all me me me 30 lbs me me me media go home me me me.

A crew from People magazine was setting up for a shoot inside the DP home, according to a Fox reporter. (After he asked the media to go home.)

Fox got some coverage/interview of him arriving home. It's disgusting as usual. They don't have the video up on the website yet, but I just saw it on Fox. It's all me me me 30 lbs me me me media go home me me me.

A crew from People magazine was setting up for a shoot inside the DP home, according to a Fox reporter. (After he asked the media to go home.)

How disgusting is he! Like we care about HIM? Stacy is the one missing!

The Jenny Craig comment was idiotic! :loser:

This time he didn't mention Jenny Craig but he did almost poke a reporter or cameraman and say he could stand to lose a few pounds.

About the first wife saying there was no abuse, I keep thinking it could be she could be denying it because she does not want to be viewed as a victim. From what I understand she is a career woman and could even think it could harm her business image. Many women do not want others to know they've been abused!! She also may not be 100% truthful thinking it could harm her children in some way, just wishing this could all go away (all the coverage)
Someone like DP does not suddenly become an abuser but I do think it would have escalated in time so it is possible the first wife did not encounter the level of abuse others did but I do believe there very well could have been some hints and signs of what was to come.

VB

About the first wife saying there was no abuse, I keep thinking it could be she could be denying it because she does not want to be viewed as a victim. From what I understand she is a career woman and could even think it could harm her business image. Many women do not want others to know they've been abused!! She also may not be 100% truthful thinking it could harm her children in some way, just wishing this could all go away (all the coverage)
Someone like DP does not suddenly become an abuser but I do think it would have escalated in time so it is possible the first wife did not encounter the level of abuse others did but I do believe there very well could have been some hints and signs of what was to come.

VB

ITA Vegas Bride....I know for me personally, it took alot of years and therapy to admit to the abuse that I sustained from my ex. You are right--alot of people do not like discussing those excperiences. It brings up too many painful memories that take years to get over in the first place.

Wonder how DP's doing financially now? Did he resign or retire? will he get his pension after all?

Wonder how DROOPeterson's doing financially now? Did he resign or retire? will he get his pension after all?

DP resinged his position. The COP originally had refused to accept his resignation but, the Mayor accepted it. I believe it was then put before a board and they regretfully gave him his pension. I think the funds in that account totalled $50 K.

I figured he was just about broke with Stacy taking that $25K from the safe before going on vacation (ha). With a cop's salary alone....you would have thought that that would wipe him out. (yeah right)

I agree with other posters on here that have speculated whether or not he had "outside" resources. FWIW.

Thanks, BrownEyes... for refreshing my memory. And he got an insurance payout from KS's death. Oh, but it's "in a fund for the kids"... yeah, right... I wonder if that could be taken away if he's finally named as a suspect in her death?

Thanks, BrownEyes... for refreshing my memory. And he got an insurance payout from KS's death. Oh, but it's "in a fund for the kids"... yeah, right... I wonder if that could be taken away if he's finally named as a suspect in her death?

I would hope that the right people are looking into that and making sure that it is in a trust for her children. Not sure if they could/would take it away if he's proven to be guilty of her murder.

I just dont believe ANYTHING from this man's mouth. He is just disgusting to me, makes me want to :sick: . I don't know he gets these beautiful young women to keep falling for him and all of his bs. Well, I guess I do get it - I just wish more of our young women were more knowledgeable when it comes to dealing with these kind of men.

I wonder if KS's family has any contact with her children at all? Have you heard anything on this?

I wonder if KS's family has any contact with her children at all? Have you heard anything on this?

Are the two older kids from Kathleen? and the 2 and 4 year old are his/Stacy's? I need to go back to thread outlining all the players! I though KS's kids were from a previous marriage she had (so they're not with Drew)... but I am not sure about anything right now! I'll go check...

ETA: Yow... what a confusing thread that was! But it does appear the two older kids must be Kathleen's (And DP's)

Are the two older kids from Kathleen? and the 2 and 4 year old are his/Stacy's? I need to go back to thread outlining all the players! I though KS's kids were from a previous marriage she had (so they're not with Drew)... but I am not sure about anything right now! I'll go check...

Yeah - that's correct. The 2 older boys are DP and KS. If I remember correctly, Stacy legally adopted the boys and then they had the 2 younger, Lacy and Anthony.

Yeah - it is confusing.......Imagine being any of those children and having to relay family info later in life....YIKES

I've wondered also about the 2 older children that were Kathleens, I've wondered if Drew wanted Stacy to adopt them as a way to keep Kathleens family away from them if anything ever happened to him? It also would have been a real slap in the face to Kathleens family to see her children adopted by "the other woman" (in this case child) Just another way for him to control things IMO.

VB

:clap: :clap:
I've wondered also about the 2 older children that were Kathleens, I've wondered if Drew wanted Stacy to adopt them as a way to keep Kathleens family away from them if anything ever happened to him? It also would have been a real slap in the face to Kathleens family to see her children adopted by "the other woman" (in this case child) Just another way for him to control things IMO.

VB

I couldn't have said it better myself, VegasBride.

Wonder how DROOPeterson's doing financially now? Did he resign or retire? will he get his pension after all?

Drew will collect 6000.00 Mo./72,000 Yr. through his pension.

Sounds like, if that is his income for retirement, he was pulling down a decent salary!
I can imagine that as a motive for killing Kathy. He wanted it all. Life insurance, all bills paid. No maintenance payments for him I bet. I wonder if Kathleen was a stay at home mom also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat