ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they said it appeared there wasn’t a break in. I believe that was early police statement. The affidavit doesn’t mention it.

On another note, While none is blaming the survivors, they could say that was enough time for someone else to enter the house. Have we seen any official documents putting time of death at 4am? We have missing info needed to really think this through.

Also could he have already been in house. Girls upstairs knew him?
Xana's stomach contents as revealed via the autopsy will be important. We've been speculating all along based off of a fact of Door Dash. In reality, we assume it was JITB. We assume she wolfed down that delivery. If she ate a meal from a 4 a.m. delivery, the evidence of what she ate and what time she died will be in her stomach contents. JMO

They said no forced entry. One would assume one can still be charged with a crime, say in a robbery or burglary, even if one is able to just walk in.

Correct. Under ID law, burglary is the entry into a specified building with the intent to commit a theft or a felony. That’s it. This is different from the common law definition of burglary: breaking & entering of a dwelling place at night with the intent to commit a felony therein. Doesn’t look like there’s a breaking requirement in ID - just an entry.

New details on Bryan Kohberger's past from Pleasant Valley classmate, forensic psychiatrist weighs in​

BBM:

"69 News talked with renowned forensic psychiatrist Dr. Carole Lieberman about how the 28-year-old's past in Pennsylvania may have impacted his future.

"Bryan Kohberger studied the criminal mind after studying psychology because he was trying to understand himself," said Dr. Lieberman. "The more they get rejected, the more low self-esteem they develop, the more anger they develop."

The stabbings were what Dr. Lieberman calls a rage killing.

"That is why he wasn't really able to keep track of things, his DNA and the knife sheath, as well as he knew to from his studies,
" said Dr. Lieberman.

We'll note defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty, and Dr. Lieberman has closely followed the case, but not evaluated Kohberger herself.

Lieberman theorized, "he wanted to be a notorious killer, just like he was reading about in his classes."

Countless people in the Pleasant Valley schools, Northampton Community College and DeSales University communities say they're going to be following Kohberger's court proceedings closely.
"

New details on Bryan Kohberger's past from Pleasant Valley classmate, forensic psychiatrist weighs in
Interesting comments that many people on WS have also suggested might be some of his issues. That being said, as Dr Lieberman said, she hasn't evaluated him professionally so these are her theories. Her theories could well be true but we don't really know.

I agree that he's been trying to understand himself through his coursework in criminology.

Although she doesn't quote any research, she's suggesting that people who commit horrific murders fit the mold of "The more they get rejected, the more low self-esteem they develop, the more anger they develop."

She describes this as a rage killing and posits that all of his mistakes are related to his rage, which makes a lot of sense.

Maybe he was full of rage as well as excited by the thrill of committing this kind of monstrous mass murder.

MOO

I completely agree about the bizarre intervention.
I don't think we are blaming the professor for the murders when we note this strange group criticism could have extremely humiliatingly to someone with ego issues. It could have been perceived by the accused as organized bullying and been part or even the main thing that send him spinning down. I was a TA in two years of grad school and even in very large (75 to 125 undergrads) classes with many TAs I never even heard of anything like that.
Well-said. MOO

Doesn't first degree murder include premeditation? BK has been charged with 4 counts of first degree murder AFAIK. Plus other charges I cannot recall atm.

What would prove or be considered premeditation in this case? IMHO his "survey" should be evidence.

Okay, first we always need to remember that ‘premeditation’ does not require proof of ‘preplanning.’ Say to yourself quickly and silently: “She saw me so I have to kill her.” That establishes legal premeditation.

However, turning the phone off also will establish premeditation. Turning the phone on again will indicate that he had a nefarious reason to turn it off. (One possible issue with this—if the defense can claim that he went into and left a cell tower dead zone.)

However, above all, he entered the house with a knife. And, not a folding pocketknife that someone would carry around because he likes his apples peeled! Just seeing a picture of it scares me. He climbed the stairs with it. He stood by a sleeping girl’s bedside and took it out of its sheath. As I see things, premeditation not beyond a reasonable doubt, but premeditation beyond the shadow of a doubt.

However, I don’t think that the survey is very relevant as evidence, since it was classwork for a legitimate class, approved by his professor. Definitely food for thought, though.

MOO

Random question: I was reading through one of the previous threads and my question is regarding the timeline and call to 911. Correct me if i’m wrong, but wasnt the 911 call placed in response to the roommate trying to wake up E? And actually, i believe friends were called prior to the police. Secondly, I believe I read that X was on the floor of the same room. So, wouldnt the roommate have to pass X before getting to E? But, roommate called friends about just E. They didnt notice that another person was lying on the floor and it was far more serious?!

Actually that is not quite true. HIPAA has nothing to do with a patients demeanour, it is about their medical record. Nothing wrong with office staff stating if a patient's demeanour was pleasant or unpleasant, etc. I have a degree in HIM and worked at a hospital.
I always understood it very differently, that we couldn't even divulge if a patient was at our facility unless we had their permission. But If you have a degree in HIM, as an RN I would be going to you for advice, so I defer to you.

IMO, remember that a fight or disagreement may have occurred at the frat house before the murders.
I have no reason to think that’s related, but I find this curious… in my own mapping doodles I wanted to know where a potential stalker would have a view of the house including the upstairs windows. This is what I came up with. And coincidentally that’s either the frat house in question or right next door.22262C89-BD84-4572-ADF1-2837213BF27A.png

First degree murder, four counts. I'm not sure if Idaho needs premeditation for first degree.

Lots of ways that might apply:

In section A, I think the repeated circling of the house might be considered lying in wait. Multiple stabbings and general overkill might qualify for “satisfy sadistic impulses.” And that’s before you get to premeditation, also in section A.

Some people have suggested that he ‘only’ entered the house intending to rape one of the girls. That’s covered in section D, too.

MOO

Possible but I think they are really going to go after them about the time gap before the 911 call and also that they called friends first. Not sure how the jury will react.
So basically they could traumatize to already traumatized young women (also victims). I understand why it will be done, but my heart breaks for them. JMO

On what basis do you disagree/
Do you believe he gave permission for this information to be discussed publicly?
They didn't specify any conditions, To that he was at an appointment so I don't think it matters
(Snipped for brevity)
I agree that he felt compelled...no doubt. As to not caring about getting caught....he took actions that would indicate the contrary. When he FLED to PA, he took extraordinary action to clean the car up...and it wasn't his first attempt to do so. Then you have him changing the plates on the car as well. MOO
I don't think they're going to look at it as fleeing though. He stuck around for several weeks after..

Random question: I was reading through one of the previous threads and my question is regarding the timeline and call to 911. Correct me if i’m wrong, but wasnt the 911 call placed in response to the roommate trying to wake up E? And actually, i believe friends were called prior to the police. Secondly, I believe I read that X was on the floor of the same room. So, wouldnt the roommate have to pass X before getting to E? But, roommate called friends about just E. They didnt notice that another person was lying on the floor and it was far more serious?!
There is no mention in the affidavit of where E's body is. We also don't know the history behind the 911 phone call.

But we do know to lay off DM. She hasn't been named as a suspect and is considered a victim here.

I have no reason to think that’s related, but I find this curious… in my own mapping doodles I wanted to know where a potential stalker would have a view of the house including the upstairs windows. This is what I came up with. And coincidentally that’s either the frat house in question or right next door.View attachment 394841
I think there is a parking lot behind the house, bordered by trees, IIRC. That looks to have been an ideal place to stake out the house late at night/early in the a.m. under cover of dark. He could have easily parked somewhere, then walked over to that area for a closer view of the house and its inhabitants.

A couple of thoughts on the golf clubs. They could have been in his car or he could have kept them at Xana's because he felt they were safer there than at the fraternity house?
When police reported to the home prior to the murders on a distrubance call, there was a period where they were waiting for one of the residents to come to the door, police canvas the house while they wait. Start looking at the video below at 33:35. Police bodycam picks up a set of golf clubs through the curtains in the 1st floor spare room to the right of front door. These could be Ethan's IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15