ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again. Been a while since I posted. I can't find the link of BK talking to himself after capture; he was in an orange jumpsuit with police and BK mumbled out loud "I'm fine.....it's going to be okay" or something similar. May have been UTube? BUT that made me think perhaps the witness at 1122 heard BK saying "It's ok. I'm going to help you." to himself. BK was talking to himself; self soothing. Did anyone else see BK's out loud mumbling, orange jumpsuit story?
I saw that. I'll see if I can dig it up for you. :)

Here's the actual quote:

"I don’t believe hearsay is admissible in Idaho under the rules,” LaBar said. “Cross-examination of her is going to be key in the case to possibly get even more holes as far as the identification is concerned.”

In context I think he is saying that putting her on the stand to make that statement will be... problematic, and without her saying it on the stand, it would be hearsay.

Just spitballing here...
Thanks for posting the actual quote. Makes sense, what LaBar is saying from the defense's point of view.

It is NFL Wild Card weekend! Taking a moment to wish all the football fans here good luck with your respective favorite teams!

My favorite team didn’t make it in this year, but I bet these two were rooting for them from somewhere out there.

Blitzburgh
@Blitz_Burgh

Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin from Idaho were Steeler Fans. May they Rest in Peace and ALL the Victim’s get Justice. #Steelers #NFL

1673673387993.png

And to pre-schedule social media posts or texts to go out from your phone while it is at home which makes it look like you are home sending them.

Exhausting, that life of crime.

But, I do think it's true that the criminal mind seeks opportunities and solutions to problems that the rest of us would never think of.

Going over the line of legality and of social acceptance means that the rule-breakers have options available that the rest of us would never think of.

Hello again. Been a while since I posted. I can't find the link of BK talking to himself after capture; he was in an orange jumpsuit with police and BK mumbled out loud "I'm fine.....it's going to be okay" or something similar. May have been UTube? BUT that made me think perhaps the witness at 1122 heard BK saying "It's ok. I'm going to help you." to himself. BK was talking to himself; self soothing. Did anyone else see BK's out loud mumbling, orange jumpsuit story?
Yes. It was reported by LE when he was arrested.

IMO, the TV presentation on Dateline is head and shoulders above the 20/20 presentation. For Example 20/20 really blurs the details about the year of the Elantra and Dateline explains it well as to when they discovered they were really looking for a 2015.

I found it interesting in the Dateline segment tonight, that Keith Morrison reported that on the Friday night prior to the murders (Friday, November 11th, I guess it would be) there was a party at the King Road house with about 150 people in attendance. I don't remember hearing that before.

Absolutely, they (hopefully) have a mountain of forensic evidence that we don't know about yet. But you really can't blame a defense attorney for... defending. It's the nature of the beast.
Yes and no. My husband has worked both sides (medical malpractice) and he’s honest enough to not take cases that aren’t winnable based on the evidence. He’s defended hospitals and doctors as well as sued them/represented patients and families of dead patients. He tells patients when he doesn’t think they have a case, but a lot of times what happens to them is really really bad but it’s just not “bad enough” based on the evidence and the laws. He feels bad for them but doesn’t want them to waste their time and money when he knows they will lose. My point is, he can be honest. His dad and my dad are both doctors as are our siblings and and when he switched sides some weren’t as happy as others but there are some bad things that happen out there and people need representation. You just don’t hear about them. Like a doctor who removed 1/4th the towns gallbladders or accidents like leaving the oxygen tank on and setting a persons face on fire. An accident but still… or amputating the wrong leg :(
Stuff like that. You don’t hear much about it.

<modsnip: Name calling or derogatory terms for any case player is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Again... PCA has no ski mask, and no color for the mask.

D.M. stated that she opened her door for the third time after she heard crying and saw a figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking towards her.
I sincerely apologise, if this is common knowledge but I am in some kind of catch-up purgatory!
Has it been mentioned whether the mask was fabric or something else, like a gas mask?
ETA: Just thinking out loud. Happy to hear any thoughts.

Here's the actual quote:

"I don’t believe hearsay is admissible in Idaho under the rules,” LaBar said. “Cross-examination of her is going to be key in the case to possibly get even more holes as far as the identification is concerned.”

In context I think he is saying that putting her on the stand to make that statement will be... problematic, and without her saying it on the stand, it would be hearsay.

Just spitballing here...
He’s just trying to get his 15 minutes or else he is really bad at his job. JMO

I sincerely apologise, if this is common knowledge but I am in some kind of catch-up purgatory!
Has it been mentioned whether the mask was fabric or something else, like a gas mask?
I don’t think I’ve seen what kind of mask just that it covered mouth and nose

Here's the actual quote:

Just spitballing here...
So, I can see that it could be considered hearsay if DM does not take the stand but isn't this a kind of nothing statement from LE Bar? The Jury can only consider the evidence in front of them so if DM does not take the stand or otherwise have her statement to the police included as evidence then obviously it would be irrelevant. But I am not sure it is right/accurate? to state that DM's statement to police is hearsay at present moment. Her statement (in it's accurate form in the PCA) is part of the Probable Cause Affadavit. It's part of her statement to police, as a witness. Perhaps hearsay is technically correct term though. MOO, just thinking this through and not really THAT hung up on the language :)-))

Nothing about the mask other than mouth and nose were covered. Info came from PCA

Exhausting, that life of crime.

But, I do think it's true that the criminal mind seeks opportunities and solutions to problems that the rest of us would never think of.

Going over the line of legality and of social acceptance means that the rule-breakers have options available that the rest of us would never think of.
I’d be a terrible criminal. I’d trip all over myself - forgetting what lie i told when and where i said i did what with with whom. I’d be an absolute MESS! My husband has always said that because I’m terrible at playing even Santa or birthday surprises. I ruin everything because I can’t lie well. & right when i realize i messed up i cover my mouth like oops. & i start to break out in hives in courtrooms like i did something wrong even if i didn’t - jury duty for example. I can’t handle even staying my name for the judge. I FEEL like I’m in trouble just being there.

I COULD, however, sneak in and out places like a ninja. I’m a great tooth fairy

Last edited:
I think most people have assumed that it was a covid mask. But the vagueness of the PCA statement leaves it wide open for speculation!
I have seen some people that think maybe a gaiter, and a couple thought a ski mask (as long as the eye holes were big enough to expose the bushy eyebrows). With the next hearing 5 months away, I can only imagine how many additional possibilities will get posted. Bandana? Baclava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear