ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
They mysteriously don’t mention a word about Bethany in the PCA. Maybe Bethany didn’t hear anything but was recording a tik tok video or something that shows something in the window. Who knows?
<snipped for focus>

They did mention Bethany in the PCA, on page 7. The PCA notes that they determined the time of the homicides based on DM's statements, and forensic review of DM's and Bethany's phones, along with several other factors.

RBBM
The first thing I thought when you said that (bolded) was, LE used their memories of what they were doing on their phones when certain things happened. For a hypothetical example, Dylan was texting a friend a meme of a jelly and then heard 'someone playing with the dog'. LE can then look at what time the meme was shared and say it was 4:0blah am.
Another hypothetical example maybe Bethany sent a goodnight message to someone before she fell asleep, and so LE can see what time that was and can deduce the events did not happen BEFORE that time.
These are just examples and I am not suggesting anything from them.
ETA: hypothetical and JMO
Dylan for sure because she was awake. But what was Bethany doing at 4? And it seems like they would have said they used Xana and Dylan’s phones because Xana was tik tocking until 4:12 if i am remembering correctly

I’m just thinking they are withholding info about what Bethany was doing at 4am

Not that she was doing anything bad. But they didn’t feel like they needed to include anymore info for probable cause so they left it out ???? Or is that a rudycukous assumption???

Another thing the Dateline episode revealed which I’m also not sure if this is old or not is when Kohberger’s cell phone through records was shown to be near the house several times in the months leading up to the murders, he was also picked up on their WiFi. So he had to have been really close.

Some speculation that he may have physically walked up to the house previously and did a “dry run” seeing if doors and windows were unlocked.
Wow! Do you know if the kind of video cam the neighbor had, do they retain information on like a hard drive or to the cloud? Or do they just record in a loop over previous recordings?

Yes they could, they even should but that doesn't mean they do. Daily Mail is also a British paper. A gag order issued in Idaho, USA probably holds no water overseas and like I said people can and do talk while a gag order is present. IMO
If the Daily M utilised no journalistic standards at all then they would be a source of fiction not news. IMO that is not the case. I don't think the Daily M would publish new info without some ref to a source, so in my view the latest article is a rehash of previous reports except where LeBar is quoted. IMO there is no new material there.

Thank you for the correction :)
Just to add, though, you may be correct. The HVAC system could have been a treasure trove of evidence.

They kept going back and back for more evidence collection for weeks. I think they were originally sold on the idea that it was a crime of passion, by a close associate, and that it would be a fairly easy case to close. That's where I think the "targeted" language and "community is safe" messaging originated. But as they learned more and eliminated the people close to the victims, I think they had to re-tool. It seems they pivoted well. :)

JMHO

I watched the 20/20 episode and totally missed Dateline. So Dateline revealed that not only did BK’s cell phone ping near the house, but he was picked up on their Wi-Fi? Am I reading that correctly? If so, there goes the defense argument that the cell tower could pick him up 10 miles away from the house and he wasn’t even close.

<snipped for focus>

They did mention Bethany in the PCA, on page 7. The PCA notes that they determined the time of the homicides based on DM's statements, and forensic review of DM's and Bethany's phones, along with several other factors.
Right based on forensics of both Bethany and Dylan’s phones. I found that interested because they didn’t mention any of her activity. If she smelt through everything there wouldn’t be activity on her phone that would be helpful in narrowing down the time of the murder. JMO

Considering that they narrowed it down from 4-425
Is that right?

If she said good night to someone at 355am she would have heard something. So I’m assuming there’s something else on her phone between 4 and 4:25am

Maybe the bad 3 point turn (lights in the front driveway?) BEFORE 4am??

I take topamax for migraines. It does reduce appetite and cause weight loss when you first start taking it. The weight loss subsides after you get used to it. People call it stupamax because you become forgetful on it. I’m a stay at home mom at the moment so it doesn’t really matter to me. But if i was working in bookkeeping like i was before i do not think i could remain on it. I’m not as sharp as i normally am on it. Some people are affected more than others on it. Some people say it’s an absolute no go. They can’t think straight AT ALL. But i have not heard of people having emotional issues with it - just “foggy brain”. Now, you do have to titrate up and titrate down. If you don’t, i believe there can be bad side effects. I take it spaced out throughout the day (3-4 pills a day, rather than all at once and don’t have any problems and I’m 117-120 lbs depending on Holiday’s ;)
I also take it for migraines, which were horrible . I have been on it for years . Yes I’m ditzy, as you can call it, but I’m retired and other than you all and my kids no one kowns how forget full I am. I have never felt I wanted to break a table or anything, tho my daughter was on it briefly and she did not like how it made her feel. Whatever that means. So, meds are different for everyone. I believe I take a very minimal dose.

Right based on forensics of both Bethany and Dylan’s phones. I found that interested because they didn’t mention any of her activity. If she smelt through everything there wouldn’t be activity on her phone that would be helpful in narrowing down the time of the murder. JMO

Considering that they narrowed it down from 4-425
Is that right?

If she said good night to someone at 355am she would have heard something. So I’m assuming there’s something else on her phone between 4 and 4:25am
I wonder if they were texting one another during this timeframe.

I also take it for migraines, which were horrible . I have been on it for years . Yes I’m ditzy, as you can call it, but I’m retired and other than you all and my kids no one kowns how forget full I am. I have never felt I wanted to break a table or anything, tho my daughter was on it briefly and she did not like how it made her feel. Whatever that means. So, meds are different for everyone. I believe I take a very minimal dose.
I take a pretty high dose. Ditzy - yes. Things will be on the tip of my tongue but i can’t get it out sometimes. I get that type of brain fog more. But i function ;) lol

I wouldn’t want to take a standardized test on it. I can still tutor my kids in algebra after i brush up a little on YouTube

I watched the 20/20 episode and totally missed Dateline. So Dateline revealed that not only did BK’s cell phone ping near the house, but he was picked up on their Wi-Fi? Am I reading that correctly? If so, there goes the defense argument that the cell tower could pick him up 10 miles away from the house and he wasn’t even close.
I read that in an article last week but i can’t remember which one.

I missed dateline

Boooooo

Wonder if i can watch on YouTube??

True. I think it’s Bethany who made the 911 call because i think it was Dylan who passed out. I think the neighbors took the phone from Bethany because she was hyperventilating and 911 couldn’t understand her and the neighbors s didn’t know what was in the house so they told 911 there’s an unconscious person (Dylan)

But i still don’t understand why Bethany’s phone was useful in narrowing down the time of the murders.

ohhhhh i misunderstood that y’all were talking about an article

My bad.

I was saying it was smart of DYLAN and LE to simply say a MAN and not BK. It saves her from a lot of nonsense from the defense. JMO

Poor girl has been through enough and will have to go through more :(

Considering that she has to go through more, not INSISTING it was Bryan she saw, I think is the smartest and most hassle free way to go about it, for her sake.

If she really and truly at the time was not certain it was him, then she should stand by that statement rather than let the other side and the media tear her to shreds.
RBBM.
I agree with this, and to answer your question I think they used Bethany's phone data to set a minimum time for certain events up until Dylan's witness statement. I feel they used Bethany's phone activity to find correlations to Dylan's statement. If Dylan was passed out, maybe when LE was asking her questions, she was still half asleep or dazed or still in shock, and so they felt they needed to corroborate with Bethany, or rather Bethany's phone data to get a more precise timeline. Maybe Dylan texted Bethany when she was scared, but Bethany was asleep. Any little thing like that. Maybe Xana tiktoked or messaged Bethany?
There are lots of reasons. If this case has taught be anything, its that all phone data is important.

Idaho murders suspect Bryan Kohberger’s grad program had access to ‘crime lab’ with camera streams: insider

I wonder if they were texting one another during this timeframe.
Can't have because DM said in the AFFIDAVIT that she was woken at 4 a.m.

D.M. and B.F. both made statements during interviews that indicated the occupants of the King Road Residence were at home by 2:00 a.m. and asleep or at least in their rooms by approximately 4:00 a.m. This is with the exception of Kernodle, who received a DoorDash order at the residence at approximately 4:00 a.m. (law enforcement identified the DoorDash delivery driver who reported this information).

D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the second floor. D.M. stated she was awoken at approximately 4:00 a.m. by what she stated sounded like Goncalves playing with her dog in one of the upstairs bedrooms

SG mentioned that on another interview as well i seen a few days ago - Considering SG is in IT --That doesn't seem like something he would mix up by saying "he touched their Wi-Fi". 40 Metres close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid