OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

AP23013730009709.jpg

In this image provided by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, troopers search a pond near Cyril, Okla, on Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2023, for Athena Brownfield, a 4-year-old girl missing.

The arrests are related to the search for Athena, who was reported missing Tuesday in Cyril, about 70 miles (110 kilometers) southwest of Oklahoma City, the bureau said.

A postal carrier found Athena’s 5-year-old sister wandering alone outside Adams’ home Monday afternoon and alerted Cyril police. Authorities then determined that Athena was missing.

The girls had been in the care of Alysia and Ivon Adams, and Athena’s sister was taken into protective custody, the bureau said.

The bureau said it was working with other law enforcement agencies and volunteers in the search, which included a helicopter, boats, all-terrain vehicles, a specially trained ground team, and a review of surveillance video from around Cyril.

The city of Cyril has also suspended trash service as investigators search for clues.

The bureau said agents were following up on tips coming from Oklahoma and other states.
www.wane.com

Man faces murder charge in case of missing Oklahoma girl, 4

Investigators said he is facing a charge of first-degree murder along with one count of child neglect.
www.wane.com
www.wane.com

Thanks for the article and good to see you back....❤️
*This is only about 50 miles from me. It’s so embarrassing when creeps from my state hurt children. Thanks, I‘m really happy to return. I‘ve had three heart attacks and three surgeries in 10 days. I just got home a few days ago. I‘m trying to get strong enough for open heart bypass in two months…

The search continues for Athena Brownfield, Cyril girl who has been missing since Tuesday. Oklahoma Highway Patrol Water Search and Rescue Team were searching a Grady County creek reservoir east of U.S. 81 between Agawam and Rush Springs.
www.swoknews.com

Guardians jailed, one for murder; search continues for Cyril girl

CYRIL, OK — With her guardians in custody, at least one accused of first-degree murder, the search for a 4-year-old Cyril girl continued Saturday.
www.swoknews.com
www.swoknews.com

CYRIL, Okla. -
Hugs, prayers, and hope: Saturday night, community members gathered in Cyril to hold a candlelight vigil for AthenaBrownfield.
The vigil took place downtown near Cyril City Hall. Speakers thanked the community for their efforts in trying to find her. They then prayed for the girl, who was reported missing on Tuesday.
"I loaded all four of my children up and I started going on the street with my vehicle and I said, 'Start saying Athena,'" recalled community member Brooke Kelley.
www.newson6.com

'We're Not Giving Up Hope': Candlelight Vigil Held For Missing 4-Year-Old Athena Brownfield

Dozens of community members gathered in Cyril to hold a candlelight vigil for Athena Brownfield on Saturday.
www.newson6.com
www.newson6.com

Last edited:
*This is only about 50 miles from me. It’s so embarrassing when creeps from my state hurt children. Thanks, I‘m really happy to return. I‘ve had three heart attacks and three surgeries in 10 days. I just got home a few days ago. I‘m trying to get strong enough for open heart bypass in two months…

The search continues for Athena Brownfield, Cyril girl who has been missing since Tuesday. Oklahoma Highway Patrol Water Search and Rescue Team were searching a Grady County creek reservoir east of U.S. 81 between Agawam and Rush Springs.
www.swoknews.com

CYRIL, OK — With her guardians in custody, at least one accused of first-degree murder, the search for a 4-year-old Cyril girl continued Saturday.
www.swoknews.com
www.swoknews.com

CYRIL, Okla. -
Hugs, prayers, and hope: Saturday night, community members gathered in Cyril to hold a candlelight vigil for AthenaBrownfield.
The vigil took place downtown near Cyril City Hall. Speakers thanked the community for their efforts in trying to find her. They then prayed for the girl, who was reported missing on Tuesday.
"I loaded all four of my children up and I started going on the street with my vehicle and I said, 'Start saying Athena,'" recalled community member Brooke Kelley.
www.newson6.com

'We're Not Giving Up Hope': Candlelight Vigil Held For Missing 4-Year-Old Athena Brownfield

Dozens of community members gathered in Cyril to hold a candlelight vigil for Athena Brownfield on Saturday.
www.newson6.com
www.newson6.com
You take care!

www.swoknews.com

www.swoknews.com
www.swoknews.com

CYRIL, Okla. -
www.newson6.com

www.newson6.com
www.newson6.com

Feel better soon @imstilla.grandma.

www.swoknews.com

www.swoknews.com
www.swoknews.com

CYRIL, Okla. -
www.newson6.com

www.newson6.com
www.newson6.com
Nice to see you back , get rest get better

www.swoknews.com

www.swoknews.com
www.swoknews.com

CYRIL, Okla. -
www.newson6.com

www.newson6.com
www.newson6.com

Oh my ... @imstilla.grandma ... take good care of yourself, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

CADDO COUNTY, Okla. - The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation says the search for missing four-year-old Athena Brownfield is now being considered a recovery operation.

Special Agents from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, along with our partners at the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), say they have been searching areas of Caddo County for the toddler’s remains.

:(

www.swoknews.com

www.swoknews.com
www.swoknews.com

CYRIL, Okla. -
www.newson6.com

www.newson6.com
www.newson6.com
Take care of yourself. Get better soon.

The OSBI Press Release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CADDO COUNTY, Okla. (January 16, 2023)
– The search for missing Cyril four-year-old Athena Brownfield is now considered a recovery operation. Special Agents from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, along with our partners at the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), have been searching areas of Caddo County for the toddler’s remains.

Athena and her five-year-old sister are related to Alysia Adams and had been in the Adams’ care for at least a year. It was discovered that Athena was missing when a postal carrier found the five-year-old outside the Adams’ home with no adult supervision on January 10, 2023. The postal carrier notified the Cyril Police Department and that’s when the investigation into Athena’s whereabouts began.

Alysia Adams is facing two counts of Child Neglect and Ivon Adams is facing one count of First Degree Murder and one count of Child Neglect. Ivon Adams was arrested in Phoenix on January 12, 2023 and is awaiting extradition to Oklahoma. Alysia was also arrested on January 12, 2023 and is currently in the Caddo County Jail.

At this time, these are accusations and neither party has been convicted of any crime related to this investigation. The parties are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

The girls biological parents have been interviewed by agents and are cooperating with the investigation.

The OSBI is asking that the public not self-deploy to search for Athena. Individuals who search for Athena on their own could be trespassing or worse, interfering with the investigation by contaminating potential evidence.

Please refrain from speculation regarding what the investigation has revealed to this point. Rumors on social media will not help the investigation and may instead hinder progress. If you have information about this case, please contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or email tips@osbi.ok.gov. You can remain anonymous.

No additional information is going to be released at this time and no media briefing is currently scheduled.

CADDO COUNTY, Okla. - The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation says the search for missing four-year-old Athena Brownfield is now being considered a recovery operation.

Special Agents from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, along with our partners at the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), say they have been searching areas of Caddo County for the toddler’s remains.

IMO Ivon might want to start talking soon...

The state has executed the second largest number of convicts in the United States (after Texas) since re-legalization following Gregg v. Georgia in 1976.[1] Oklahoma also has the highest number of executions per capita in the United States.[2]

Oklahoma was the first jurisdiction in the world to adopt lethal injection as a method of execution.[3]

On June 10, 2022, the Attorney General of Oklahoma, John M. O'Connor, asked the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals to set execution dates for 25 death row inmates. He requested the executions occur every four weeks on a Thursday, commencing on August 25.[4]

IMO if he's tried and found guilty it's likely the jury will unanimously vote for the DP.

Scott Eizember was executed last week. The next execution is scheduled for February 16. They mean business and if IA has a brain in his head he'll want to avoid a possible death penalty case for his first degree murder charge. Time to tell where Athena is, Ivon. MOO

I am now praying for and thinking about <modsnip - Athena’s sister>. What a hard life she and Athena have had, and now she will grow up without her sister. Beyond sad. And the four children of Ivon and Alysia- what happens to them now? Does anyone know if they are with family, or are they in the custody of the state as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation, which became the lead investigating agency last week, did not release details about the murder charge, but said it was "in connection" with Athena's disappearance.
Athena Brownfield

An arrest warrant affidavit filed in Arizona said Ivon Adams was a Marine Corps veteran who was arrested in connection with a "child homicide" in Oklahoma. Evidence of the alleged crime was found on Adams' cellphone, the affidavit claimed.

Last edited:
Question to the attorneys on this site. Looking at Oklahoma statutes and here is this clause that says a person cannot be punished for omission of a required act (in this case caring for a child) if someone, acting in their stead, is performing that function. I know there are other statutes that get real detailed on providing child medical care and child support, so those points may still be punishable, but does this particular paragraph protect the little girls' bio-parents, since they apparently had some type of agreement (verbal if nothing else) that the Adams were caretaking for the kids? I have not heard of any legal documents that would even allow for the medical treatment of the girls (i.e. POA or temporary guardianship papers that would give the Adams the ability to take them to a doctor). That seems like a punishable offense if they just left them with no papers to allow for their medical care, but, again, don't know if that's the case.

"§21-30. Failure to perform duty. No person is punishable for an omission to perform an act, where such act has been performed by another person acting in his behalf, and competent by law to perform it. R.L.1910, § 2801. "

I am now praying for and thinking about <modsnip - Athena’s sister>. What a hard life she and Athena have had, and now she will grow up without her sister. Beyond sad. And the four children of Ivon and Alysia- what happens to them now? Does anyone know if they are with family, or are they in the custody of the state as well?
bbm
It seems like their welfare needs to be checked up on, from now own !
Regardless if I and A get them back or not.
M00.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation, which became the lead investigating agency last week, did not release details about the murder charge, but said it was "in connection" with Athena's disappearance.

An arrest warrant affidavit filed in Arizona said Ivon Adams was a Marine Corps veteran who was arrested in connection with a "child homicide" in Oklahoma. Evidence of the alleged crime was found on Adams' cellphone, the affidavit claimed.
Bbm and snipped for focus :
Hmmm....
A punishment that got out of hand ?
M00.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads