OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

@MsMarple - just got this article in my alerts - wasn't her arraignment scheduled for 3/15?

Mar. 13, 2024
[i[A woman charged in the death of 4-year-old Athena Brownfield is scheduled to be formally arraigned on a first-degree murder charge on Wednesday [3/13/24]
[.....]
Now, Alysia Adams faces the death penalty in the death of Athena. Ivon Adams faces charges of child neglect, and is expected in court in April.

Adams is due in court at 1:30 p.m.[/i]
Hi @Niner!

Alysia’s docket. There was a note that the hearing was moved to April 17 because the judge had a schedule conflict. But it looks like she has a trial date.
03/13/2024 ARRAIGNMENT: SOF: PLEA OF NOT GUILTY: 8-14-24 @ 1:30 FELONY DISP DOCKET, 9-23-24 @ 9 FELONY JURY TRIAL

Ivon’s arrangement is on April 26.
Jasmin Brownfield’s arraignment is on Friday (15th).

Hi @Niner!

Alysia’s docket. There was a note that the hearing was moved to April 17 because the judge had a schedule conflict. But it looks like she has a trial date.
03/13/2024ARRAIGNMENT: SOF: PLEA OF NOT GUILTY: 8-14-24 @ 1:30 FELONY DISP DOCKET, 9-23-24 @ 9 FELONY JURY TRIAL

Ivon’s arrangement is on April 26.
Jasmin Brownfield’s arraignment is on Friday (15th).

Okay - I just checked my notes - my mistake - it IS Brownfield on 3/15.... :rolleyes:

and will correct my notes on Alysia. Thanks a bunch! :)

@MsMarple - just got this article in my alerts - wasn't her arraignment scheduled for 3/15?

Mar. 13, 2024
[i[A woman charged in the death of 4-year-old Athena Brownfield is scheduled to be formally arraigned on a first-degree murder charge on Wednesday [3/13/24]
[.....]
Now, Alysia Adams faces the death penalty in the death of Athena. Ivon Adams faces charges of child neglect, and is expected in court in April.

Adams is due in court at 1:30 p.m.[/i]
I read that headline and it took me actually reading the article to realise that the defendant herself hadn't been found dead.

Friday, March 15th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) - OK - Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. (Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grady County; found out that she had been beaten & died on Dec. 25, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation; Id’d on Jan. 26, 2023) - *Jasmin Adina Kay Brownfield (27/now 28) "bio mom" charged (5/4/23), arrested & extradited (5/5/23) with 2 counts of felony child neglect by abandonment. Bond $100K.
Case info from 5/4/23 thru 8/4/23 reference post #503 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...eased-cyril-10-jan-2023-arrest.657156/page-26

1/2/24 Update: Next preliminary hearing on 1/3/24 @ 1:30pm. 1/3/24 Update: Jasmin has waived a preliminary hearing & continues to face two counts of child neglect. She was expected to appear in court on Wednesday. The case will remain active & the charges still stand despite there being no hearing.
1/3/24 Update: Next arraignment hearing on 3/15/24 @ 1:30pm.
*Ivon Neil Adams III (36/now 38) – Arraignment hearing on 4/25/24.
*Alysia Adams (31/now 32) – Felony Disposition docket hearing on 8/14/24. Trial set to begin on 9/23/24.

@MsMarple - might be a bit early in asking - about Jasmin Brownfield (CF-2024-00083). I assume she plead not guilty - and any next court dates yet? TIA! :)

I have the other two in April arraignment hearings.
Checking…
03/15/2024 ARRAIGNMENT: SOF: PLEA OF NOT GUILTY: 8-14-24 @ 1:30 FELONY DISP DOCKET, 9-23-24 @ 9 FELONY JURY TRIAL
Document Available at Court Clerk's Office

Jasmin Brownfield was emotional in court Friday, but both she and her lawyer refused to answer any of News 4’s questions before or after she entered her plea. At one point, Brownfield even asked court officials if media were allowed in the proceedings.

Brownfield did speak with News 4 about a different topic in January though, going by a different name, Karma Tucker.

Court documents Friday included that name under Brownfield’s, indicating it was another name she was known by

News 4 asked Brownfield several questions surrounding if she felt like she did anything wrong, why she wanted the case to go to trial, why she trusted the Adams’ with her daughter’s and if she had anything to say to the community of Cyril. None of those questions received a response.

Jasmin Brownfield was emotional in court Friday, but both she and her lawyer refused to answer any of News 4’s questions before or after she entered her plea. At one point, Brownfield even asked court officials if media were allowed in the proceedings.

Brownfield did speak with News 4 about a different topic in January though, going by a different name, Karma Tucker.

Court documents Friday included that name under Brownfield’s, indicating it was another name she was known by

News 4 asked Brownfield several questions surrounding if she felt like she did anything wrong, why she wanted the case to go to trial, why she trusted the Adams’ with her daughter’s and if she had anything to say to the community of Cyril. None of those questions received a response.
From the article—-

Thursday, April 25th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 10:30am CT) - OK – Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. (Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grady County property in a backpack; LE found out that she had been beaten & died on Dec. 25, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation; ID’d on Jan. 26, 2023) - *Ivon Neil Adams III (36/now 87) arrested (1/12/23 in Phoenix, AZ) & held on a fugitive from justice charge. Felony warrant from OK. for 1st degree murder & child neglect. Held without bond pending extradition to OK. Booked (1/19/23) in Caddo County Jail. Held on $1M bond. *Charged (1/20/23) with 1st degree murder/child abuse & child neglect. These charges were amended (12/12/23) to 2nd degree murder & child neglect. Held without bond. Bond denied (1/20/23).
Judge David A. Stephens presiding.
Case & court info from 1/10/23 thru 10/4/23 reference post #518 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...klahoma-10-january-2023-arrest.657156/page-26

12/12/23 Update: The preliminary hearing was waived. The Caddo County DA filed to amend the charges for the suspects in the death of 4-year Athena. The DA says Alysia Adams should face a first-degree murder charge & obstruction of a public officer (she was previously charged with two counts of child neglect). The DA says according to the autopsy report, Athena died from malnutrition, not from being beaten to death by Ivon Adams, like Alysia had claimed. Meanwhile, the DA filed to amend Ivon's charge from first-degree murder to second-degree murder. Both are still charged with child neglect for Athena's sister. Adams’ arraignment on amended charges is scheduled for 2/21/24 @ 10:30am.
2/21/24 Update: Because the judge had a judicial conference Adams arraignment was rescheduled on 4/25/24.
*Alysia Adams (31/now 32) – Felony Disposition docket hearing on 8/14/24. Trial set to begin 9/23/24.
*Jasmin Brownfield (27/now 28) "bio mom" – Felony Disposition hearing on 8/14/24. Trial set to begin 9/23/24.

@MsMarple - any updates yet for Ivon Adams next court hearing date? TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back