ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of where you are area wise. I'm in Northern Virginia (Mid Atlantic.) For at least 20 years it's been up to the homeowners to (roll) move their trash/recycles to the main road. It's always our last chore of the day in this house...long after dinner etc. I see their trash placement more like this, red being the trash can placement

View attachment 396405
The bottom red marked I would put to the left of that drive to place it across from the neighbors.

Makes it easier for the trashtruck to stop and the trash to be across from the back of the truck. That’s the way most do it here.

Jmo

I don't recall that the cleaning of the car was at or close to the same time as the placing a bag of trash in the neighbor's bin. The FBI or whichever LE was watching the home did not need a warrant to collect the trash. I believe that once you put your garbage out for pickup, it's fair game for LE to collect. They could have collected several bags depending on how often their trash was collected for all we know.

It's possible the bag in the neighbor's bin contained meat and with BK's alleged aversion to meat, he didn't want it to even be in the family bin and that could also explain why he wore gloves when he carried it out. If it's true he didn't want his food prepared in cookware that had been used to prepare meat, he may have gone to further extremes with it. I doubt it but it's another way to look at it.

I believe the auto cleaning remnants, if any, were possibly burned in what looks to be a fireplace of some sort on the garage side of the Kohberger family home. He may have burned several things brought back from Pullman but that's just speculation on my part.

jmo

It's true that we have no idea if any contents of Bryan's own car were in the trash.

We also have no other incidents noted by LE that he carried out the trash (and he was under surveillance).

But that's not the point. The point is that he did something that created collectible evidence (and this was before he was arrested and BEFORE they had BK's actual DNA - so that bag could have contained that sample).

To me, what's in the bag is just additional, whatever they found - but at the time, could have been crucial.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article271401557.html

[…]

Parties are prohibited from publicizing information that would be inadmissible evidence and could risk creating an impartial trial if the information was disclosed, according to the order.

Previously the order just prohibited parties from sharing the following:

• evidence;
  • the character, credibility, reputation, or criminal record of an involved party;
  • results, performance, or the refusal to participate in any tests or examinations;
  • any opinion “as to the merits of the case or the claims or defense of party”;
  • and any information that could interfere with a fair trial.
The Latah County Clerk’s Office declined to provide any clarity stating that they can’t “interpret the order.” When asked if there was someone who could interpret the order, a Statesman reporter was told “no.”

This story was originally published January 19, 2023 5:21 PM.

I'm glad this was done. As much as I want to know more about what happened, I really want to see this beast put away so he never hurts anyone ever again.

Let's hope that's the result. We really don't have a long enough history of the ways in which the press has interfered with trial verdicts to know.

In today's world, the chances of us getting all the details of this case (the allowed details) are small, for any particular detail. Those of us who really make it a daily habit to TRY and capture the details in this case still get things wrong.

There's a fine balance between allowing rampant speculation that he is innocent (sometimes by bizarre theories) and gagging people who actually know the facts (prosecution; defense; LE, etc).

There's a fine balance between allowing rampant speculation that he is innocent (sometimes by bizarre theories) and gagging people who actually know the facts (prosecution; defense; LE, etc).
Truth. And it makes me happy that they clamped down because it may indicate that what was leaked is true. If so, quite damning for the young criminology hopeful. JMO

I'm bringing this forward from @TeaTime who posted a well thought out list (which is not in line with my thinking right now, so it interests me all the more) I attempted to attach a link, but it kept attaching something random. Sorry for the long post.

Circumstantial evidence:

He resides in Pullman, 10 miles from Moscow and is a PhD candidate in criminal psychology at WSU.

His telephone pinged in the area of the house 12 times starting on August 23 - all late night or early morning hours.

He tried unsuccessfully to connect with KG on IG on several occasions prior to 11/13.

He took a long route to Moscow from his home at about 2:45am on 11/13 (as captured by WSU cameras), turning off his cell phone minutes after leaving Pullman.

His car was captured on videos driving around Moscow in the wee hours of 11/13.

His car was captured on video driving around the house in the wee hours of 11/13, the last capture being at 4:04 am in the 500 block of Queen, the only side street off of King.

A witness in the house heard sounds, whimpers and voices "around 4 am".

A witness in the house described him as tall, athletic build with bushy eyebrows. Fits BK.

His DNA is on a knife sheath left beside one of the stabbing victims.

A surveillance camera on the house next to the scene picked up the sound of a "thud", voices and a dog barking at 4:17am

His car was captured on surveillance cameras speeding away at 4:20am.

His vehicle and cell phone depict the same way home as his trip to Moscow and the phone was turned on only after leaving Moscow.

His cell phone pinged in front of the house at 9:20-ish am on 11/13.

There is no defense but "someone else" who fits his description used: his phone and maybe car on those 12 drive-bys since August 23; his telephone to IG message KG; his car and phone on 11/13; his knife sheath; his car and phone on the 9:20-ish drive by of 1122 King Rd. on 11/13; and, none of this was known to him.

Such a defense is not reasonable and does not create reasonable doubt.

Moscow PD has the right man and he will be convicted. Surely, his attorney will advise him to accept a plea for his life rather than face the death penalty at trial.

Your list is very well put together and I've bookmarked it, so thank you.

I agree with you that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence here and the hope is that they can tie it to the murder, but there is only one piece in here that is something that ties identifies him and only him as the most likely killer and that is the DNA. My issue with the DNA is that the newest forensic science is calling it into cautious question.

I'm also curious about the messages he is said to have sent. Was that confirmed or was that still "an investigative source" via People magazine?

And has it been confirmed that the IG messages were to KG?

Idaho murders suspect Bryan Kohberger followed 3 female victims on Instagram before stabbings, report claims

Numerous Instagram accounts, using Kohberger's name, appeared after his arrest was made public and followed the victims, but it was not immediately clear whether any of the accounts belonged to him.

He was arrested on Dec. 30, nearly seven weeks after police allege he entered a six-bedroom home in Moscow, Idaho, and stabbed four college students: Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin.

At least one account in his name that was observed by Fox News Digital following Goncalves, Mogen and Kernodle appears to be no longer active. The other three were all still online when checked Thursday afternoon.
Immediately after his name was released, I checked Instagram and only one account existed with the name Bryan Kohberger. It was the one with the Joker picture and it didn’t follow any of the victims. I don’t know why this rumor is allowed to run rampant.

Wouldn't this mean attorney's connected to the victims? (from number 1.)
"and any attorney representing a witness. victim, or victim‘s family."
But I'm under the impression that the question was whether SG himself is subject to the gag order and I have not seen that.

But I'm under the impression that the question was whether SG himself is subject to the gag order and I have not seen that.
Got it. So, as long as he's not representing the family, he might be ok?

Edited to say - I'm sorry, I totally blew it! SG the attorney, not the father.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member