CA - Jackson Telnas, 12, killed by mother who tried to kill him as a baby, Porterville, 29 Jun 2019 *insanity*

@Suglo - just wondering if there is a next court hearing date yet? TIA :)
@Niner I have been trying to access the court docket since yesterday but it freezes up and then says access denied. I am now trying to sign up for online access but the page won’t load. I will keep trying. Will update you as soon as I can get in.

@Niner I have been trying to access the court docket since yesterday but it freezes up and then says access denied. I am now trying to sign up for online access but the page won’t load. I will keep trying. Will update you as soon as I can get in.

Okay - sounds good! And Thanks! :)

@Suglo - any luck finding the next court date?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Hi there. Thank you for giving me a chance to share. This entire thing has been a very lonely and unimaginably difficult experience so it's nice to be part of a group that cares about what happened to the boys. ❤️

I was very very very close to this case from the moment we received word about what had happened up until the end of 2020. Throughout the past handful of months I've been in contact with the father of the boys. Additionally I was recently involved in a conversation with someone associated with the legal team on the prosecution side of things as well. I see unanswered questions on here so if you guys have anything in particular you're curious about I can try to offer up some insight for you, provided that my responses won't inadvertently expose my identity and/or cause any problems for the prosecutors.

I would love to know if you have any idea why they allowed her to have custody of Jackson after she tried to kill him the first time.

@Suglo - any luck finding the next court date?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

@Niner No luck with the court website but I was able to find her on the Tulare County Sheriff’s website. She has her next hearing on 2/10/23 at 8:30 am. No idea what for though.

@Niner No luck with the court website but I was able to find her on the Tulare County Sheriff’s website. She has her next hearing on 2/10/23 at 8:30 am. No idea what for though.

Thanks! At least we have a date! :)

Friday, February 10th:
*Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – CA - Jackson Telnas (12) & Jacob Ray, Jr. (7) (Jackson drowned, June 29, 2019, Porterville; Jacob was in critical condition, but died July 7, 2019) - *Sherri Renee Telnas (45/now 48) arrested & charged (6/29/19) & arraigned (7/2/19) & re arraigned (4/26/21) with 2 counts of homicide, 1 count of gassing & 1 count resisting arrest. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set to begin on 1/15/21 continued with no further dates.
Information (4/16/08) & court info from 7/2/19 thru 4/15/22 reference post #135 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-a-baby-porterville-29-jun-2019.456484/page-7

6/1/22 Update: Trial setting hearing rescheduled on 10/27/22. 10/27/22 Update: Trial setting hearing rescheduled on 1/10/23. 1/10/23 Update: Next hearing on 2/10/23 @ 8:30am.

I would love to know if you have any idea why they allowed her to have custody of Jackson after she tried to kill him the first time.
Not the OP, but just wanted to add my two cents. While this case is extremely tragic, I do not, in this particular case and with the lack of information I have, hold it against the system that she was given custody.

Postpartum depression affects 10-15% of western women during 1 year after giving birth and post-partum psychosis is reported in 1 in 500 of birthing mothers. And just because someone experienced either of them to an extreme degree does not mean that they will later kill the kid they have raised for 10 years. Of course, I have no idea if anything like that was involved etc. But just to illustrate the aspect that the situation is kinda different, as I understand she also stopped the action and turned to the hospital with the kid herself. Mothers drowning unwanted babies with or without themselves is a common theme in history, while murdering two adult kids is not. The mum did also not (as far as we know) harm the second kid as a baby.

I personally think there might be drug use and drug-induced psychosis or other mental health issues at play here. Though it is possible this was simply an abusive parent - but nothing to indicate that so far (e.g no mention of other abuse signs).

@Suglo - might be a bit early to ask - but I will anyway! :D

Any next hearing dates yet? Trial date set?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

@Suglo - might be a bit early to ask - but I will anyway! :D

Any next hearing dates yet? Trial date set?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley
@Niner The sheriff’s website didn’t update until yesterday. It shows another hearing on 2/27/23 at 8:30 am. I can’t get into the actual court website so I don’t know what that hearing is for unfortunately. I’ll check back again once the website updates again.

@Niner The sheriff’s website didn’t update until yesterday. It shows another hearing on 2/27/23 at 8:30 am. I can’t get into the actual court website so I don’t know what that hearing is for unfortunately. I’ll check back again once the website updates again.

Okay - thanks! :)

Monday, February 27th:
*Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – CA - Jackson Telnas (12) & Jacob Ray, Jr. (7) (Jackson drowned, June 29, 2019, Porterville; Jacob was in critical condition, but died July 7, 2019) - *Sherri Renee Telnas (45/now 48) arrested & charged (6/29/19) & arraigned (7/2/19) & re arraigned (4/26/21) with 2 counts of homicide, 1 count of gassing & 1 count resisting arrest. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set to begin on 1/15/21 continued with no further dates.
Information (4/16/08) & court info from 7/2/19 thru 10/27/22 reference post #148 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-a-baby-porterville-29-jun-2019.456484/page-8

1/10/23 Update: Next hearing on 2/10/23 @ 8:30am. 2/10/23 Update: Next hearing on 2/27/23 @ 8:30am.

@Suglo - is the court site up for you? Just wondering IF there might be a next hearing date - or even a trial date? Like - her trial was supposed have started 1/15/21 - and now over 2 years no date?

And my searches over here only bring up articles from 2019!! Stupid EU rules...

Ah - to be in California now - would be nice... too much SNOW here!! LOL!

TIA if you can find something!

@Suglo - is the court site up for you? Just wondering IF there might be a next hearing date - or even a trial date? Like - her trial was supposed have started 1/15/21 - and now over 2 years no date?

And my searches over here only bring up articles from 2019!! Stupid EU rules...

Ah - to be in California now - would be nice... too much SNOW here!! LOL!

TIA if you can find something!
I can’t access the court site without paying and the Sheriff’s booking site hasn’t updated since the hearing on Monday. I’ll check again tomorrow morning and post an update.

I can’t access the court site without paying and the Sheriff’s booking site hasn’t updated since the hearing on Monday. I’ll check again tomorrow morning and post an update.

Ah - sorry forgot about paying to access the court site. No fair...

And okay on the Sheriff's one. Thanks for checking! :)

Ah - sorry forgot about paying to access the court site. No fair...

And okay on the Sheriff's one. Thanks for checking! :)
@Niner The sheriff’s site updated overnight. The next hearing is on 3/29/23 at 8:30 am. I will check the day after to update you again.

@Niner I got access to the Court website - yay! Here are the upcoming dates for Sherri Telnas:

03/29/2023 08:30 AM
Pretrial Conference
Boccone
Department 17

10/12/2023 08:30 AM
Trial Confirmation
Boccone
Department 17

10/16/2023 10:00 AM
Jury Trial
Boccone
Department 17

I will check the docket again on 3/30 to update next pretrial conference hearing.

@Niner I got access to the Court website - yay! Here are the upcoming dates for Sherri Telnas:

03/29/2023 08:30 AM
Pretrial Conference
Boccone
Department 17

10/12/2023 08:30 AM
Trial Confirmation
Boccone
Department 17

10/16/2023 10:00 AM
Jury Trial
Boccone
Department 17

I will check the docket again on 3/30 to update next pretrial conference hearing.

Okay - thanks! :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo