Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether they even used the camping stuff that night as they were spotted late in London and then 5 am in Newhaven.
I also wonder if there is some kind of logic to the places they are choosing aside from just moving to avoid being stopped.
Maybe there are friends or something that prompts them to choose the particular location they are choosing.
All speculation, of course.

I wonder whether they even used the camping stuff that night as they were spotted late in London and then 5 am in Newhaven.
I also wonder if there is some kind of logic to the places they are choosing aside from just moving to avoid being stopped.
Maybe there are friends or something that prompts them to choose the particular location they are choosing.
All speculation, of course.

IMO there is some sort of pattern where they have been...
Liverpool, Harwich and now Newhaven... All ferry ports... Maybe Portsmouth, Southampton Poole or Plymouth next?
Why the delay in media saying when they were last sighted on the 9th of January or have they only just found this information out... For public to respond it helps to know from the police where they are likely to be now rather than a few weeks ago.
Especially now there is a reward...
Gee that would be nice to find out where they are.
<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is likely.

Well, this is the second port they’ve been to (third if you count Liverpool), so it looks like that or a small boat from the marina. I’d be more inclined towards small boat - the ferry ports are bristling with cameras, so not the ideal place to get into the back of a truck. That or it’s a bluff - though in their position I wouldn’t waste time and effort on such a diversion.

They’ve been front page news yet haven’t been seen for three weeks. I think it’s very likely they’ve managed to smuggle themselves out via a port and now are in some off-grid hippy commune in northern Portugal, planning to cross into North Africa, where the money will go further and she can wear a veil and speak Arabic.

If they’re in the UK, the 10k reward will flush them out, but I strongly doubt they are.

rbbm
Jan 31 2023
''It has emerged the family was last spotted in Newhaven, East Sussex, on Sunday, January 8, after they were dropped off at the entrance to the port in a taxi at 4.56am. They were seen carrying bags containing a blue, two-man tent, sleeping bags and pillows purchased the day before from Argos in Whitechapel, East London.

The night before, they had dumped the pushchair they were seen using near Argos at 11.46pm in Flower Dean Walk, near Brick Lane, in East London.

They then took a taxi to Haringey, North London. At 1.24am they got another taxi in Allison Road in the same borough and travelled to Newhaven. Officers have established that the baby was alive when in that taxi.

Detectives believe they remain camping rough in the UK because they have not been spotted at any border crossings from ferries, Eurostar rail routes or airports. However, a source connected to the investigation has said they cannot rule out the possibility they may be attempting to leave the UK aboard a private yacht after they got a taxi to the south coast port used by private and commercial boats. ''

''Detective Superintendent Lewis Basford, who is leading the investigation, said: "We continue to be extremely concerned about the health and well-being of the newborn baby, which has had no medical care and has been on the move, and possibly exposed to sub-zero temperatures, for almost a month now.

"We're also concerned for the welfare of Constance and Mark because our enquiries suggest that they were constantly moving and awake for at least a few days - which must be especially draining on someone who had recently given birth with no medical attention.''

''It has emerged the family was last spotted in Newhaven, East Sussex, on Sunday, January 8, after they were dropped off at the entrance to the port in a taxi at 4.56am.
<rsbm>

Well, that would seem to explain why they were turned down by three taxis on the Saturday night. I wonder if the police knew to scour cctv at the Port of Newhaven as a result of having traced one or more of those cabs and now knowing what was said?

Really good to hear that the baby was still alive at that time, but why is there such a colossal time lag before the police release news of sightings? If they want the public's help (and the reward suggests they do) we need fresher information really.

JMO

rbbm
Jan 31 2023
''It has emerged the family was last spotted in Newhaven, East Sussex, on Sunday, January 8, after they were dropped off at the entrance to the port in a taxi at 4.56am. They were seen carrying bags containing a blue, two-man tent, sleeping bags and pillows purchased the day before from Argos in Whitechapel, East London.

The night before, they had dumped the pushchair they were seen using near Argos at 11.46pm in Flower Dean Walk, near Brick Lane, in East London.

They then took a taxi to Haringey, North London. At 1.24am they got another taxi in Allison Road in the same borough and travelled to Newhaven. Officers have established that the baby was alive when in that taxi.

Detectives believe they remain camping rough in the UK because they have not been spotted at any border crossings from ferries, Eurostar rail routes or airports. However, a source connected to the investigation has said they cannot rule out the possibility they may be attempting to leave the UK aboard a private yacht after they got a taxi to the south coast port used by private and commercial boats. ''

''Detective Superintendent Lewis Basford, who is leading the investigation, said: "We continue to be extremely concerned about the health and well-being of the newborn baby, which has had no medical care and has been on the move, and possibly exposed to sub-zero temperatures, for almost a month now.

"We're also concerned for the welfare of Constance and Mark because our enquiries suggest that they were constantly moving and awake for at least a few days - which must be especially draining on someone who had recently given birth with no medical attention.''

Sounds about right. As @Mersault suggested, they could be way down south by now.

<rsbm>

Well, that would seem to explain why they were turned down by three taxis on the Saturday night. I wonder if the police knew to scour cctv at the Port of Newhaven as a result of having traced one or more of those cabs and now knowing what was said?

Really good to hear that the baby was still alive at that time, but why is there such a colossal time lag before the police release news of sightings? If they want the public's help (and the reward suggests they do) we need fresher information really.

JMO

IMO they don’t want the public’s help - they want anyone who might be sheltering them to turn them in.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

The police clearly have good to reason to think the baby is in danger, they wouldn't go to all this trouble over nothing.

I hope they are found to make sure the baby is OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
States they don't appear to have had any significant rest or sleep...or had time to care for the needs of the baby. This is really worrying

Missing couple and newborn baby last seen in Sussex, police confirm

"At around 11.46pm on January 7, the family went to Flower and Dean Walk near Brick Lane where they dumped a number of items, including the pushchair. They then got a taxi to Haringey, north London.

"They then arrived in Newhaven at 4.56am on January 8 after getting a taxi from Haringey at 1.24am. This is the last official sighting of the family, police say."

Newhaven is one thing, but in addition I'm interested to know what, or who, is in Haringey.

Missing couple and newborn baby last seen in Sussex, police confirm

"At around 11.46pm on January 7, the family went to Flower and Dean Walk near Brick Lane where they dumped a number of items, including the pushchair. They then got a taxi to Haringey, north London.

"They then arrived in Newhaven at 4.56am on January 8 after getting a taxi from Haringey at 1.24am. This is the last official sighting of the family, police say."

Newhaven is one thing, but in addition I'm interested to know what, or who, is in Haringey.
Travel time from Brick Lane to Allison Road in Haringey is about half an hour, giving them about an hour there before leaving again. Why?

Not seen for over 3 weeks after last sighting in Newhaven. By now they could be anywhere in UK, or deep in the French countryside.

I think police are losing the public interest to report them. Why would they? All that has been said is that they're concerned mother and baby are okay, but it seems that the police are after them for more than just a health check. I think they should be transparent and say what exactly the pair have done because it looks highly suspicious the way they are chasing them like they're wanted criminals.

Last edited:
Not seen for over 3 weeks after last sighting in Newhaven. By now they could be anywhere in UK, or deep in the French countryside.

I think police are losing the public interest to report them. Why would they? All that has been said is that they're concerned mother and baby are okay, but it seems that the police are after them for more than just a health check. I think they should be transparent and say what exactly the pair have done because it looks highly suspicious the way they arw hounded them like they're wanted criminals.
I am deeply concerned at the approach taken by LE in this case.
Firstly they announced public that this little homeless family who are possibly living in a tent, unlikely, but that is what they have implied repeatedly, are carrying large sums of cash thus exposing them to every grifter out there.

They even provided a description of the tent.

How easy it would be for someone to attack them and rob them.

Neither Constance's background nor Mark's crimes as a 14 year old , for which he has served his time appear even slightly relevant to their current situation.

Adding such a large reward makes them a target.
Quite honestly I have never felt so horrified by an action taken by the Met, well, maybe that is an exaggeration... but this is not okay by any stretch of the imagination.

Missing?
Are they?
Are they adults or children?
A 35 year old woman with a partner 13 years her senior who may or may not have prior experience of parenthood and childbirth are not the same as two 12 year olds in a similar predicament.
Who is missing them, exactly?
Who, if anybody reported them as 'missing'?
HUNTED is the more appropriate term IMHO and it is morally and ethically wrong, also IMHO

I think police are losing the public interest to report them. Why would they? All that has been said is that they're concerned mother and baby are okay, but it seems that the police are after them for more than just a health check. I think they should be transparent and say what exactly the pair have done because it looks highly suspicious the way they are chasing them like they're wanted criminals.
The longer this goes on the more focused it looks what they are doing. Possibly trying different ports to find a weakness in the system. Not convinced they are actually sleeping in the tent even though the police are trying to paint it that way. More likely used in a squat/ someone's house...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53