Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it’s the dog. The dog was found between the bench and the river. So the dog remained in the area where the harness, lead and phone were found.
If NB had walked off or was taken, the dog would have followed. NB must be located nearby.
But if she was in the water, I feel that the dog would have followed there too. Confusion reigns!

From The Sun article

A friend who runs a local caravan park raised the alarm when they spotted the family’s brown springer spaniel Willow running free.

The pet was near to a bench under a tree, which has a sign warning of deep water nailed to it.

The friend contacted the school and staff called engineer Paul, who dialled 999. Cops arrived at the scene around 10.30am and found Nicola’s mobile phone on the bench with her work call still active, along with Willow’s leash.

So this friend found the dog near the bench, but didn’t find the phone or the leash (which were on the bench) until the police showed up? Am I reading that right?
It also means the caravan park owner found the dog, didn’t really check around too much for NB (as the phone wasn’t found) took the dog to the SCHOOL, who then called PA. Who instead of thinking, oh the dogs managed to pull a fast one, I’d best go get her and give NB a ring let her know I’ve found her, calls the police, who instead of telling him to go look for his own girlfriend because finding the dog loose doesn’t mean much of anything, go to the river and find her phone.

All of that sounds… asinine.

If I’m walking in the woods with my dog, I will let her off the lead but never remove her harness. The latter has her contact details tag attached. Don’t know any dog owner who’d remove harness or collar when their dog is running free.

Not a dog owner but I get the principle behind harness vs collar etc and I can't think of a rational explanation as to why the dog's harness would be taken off during a walk. I do recall somewhere upthread though that someone said NB had posted pictures of the dog swimming both with and without harness on.

Not a dog owner but I get the principle behind harness vs collar etc and I can't think of a rational explanation as to why the dog's harness would be taken off during a walk. I do recall somewhere upthread though that someone said NB had posted pictures of the dog swimming both with and without harness on.

Took it off so it didn't get wet when the dog went in the river?

It also means the caravan park owner found the dog, didn’t really check around too much for NB (as the phone wasn’t found) took the dog to the SCHOOL, who then called PA. Who instead of thinking, oh the dogs managed to pull a fast one, I’d best go get her and give NB a ring let her know I’ve found her, calls the police, who instead of telling him to go look for his own girlfriend because finding the dog loose doesn’t mean much of anything, go to the river and find her phone.

Yeah it's the jump to ringing 999 straight away...it doesn't seem a normal reaction to someone finding their dog loose. Something bigger going on imo

Hmmm, yeah, nicely put.

Interesting…

Trying to put myself in this position, I don’t think my first thought would be to call 999 because my dog was found without my partner. My first thought would be they’ve lost eachother and she is most likely in that area running around looking for the dog. I would either check the home or the area the dog was found. The urgency in that 999 call is strange imo.

Sky news is now reporting that the 70 year old is a ‘key witness’.

I was saying this to my wife earlier.

First thing any normal person would do is expect the owner to be closeby when a dog runs over. Then my concern wouldnt be to take it to a school, it would be to hold onto the dog and maybe go on facebook and post in our local facebook group Ive found a missing dog.

Even if this happened - if someone rang me to say my dog had been found, I would say that my wife is walking the same route we always do, just go hang around at X place, or go find her here. I wouldnt call the police immediately - I wouldnt even do that until Ive driven down there myself and had a look. I know my wife would be absolutely furious if I just called the police and she was just stood talking to a friend and not realised the dog had gone missing. All I would of thought is that shes out there also looking for the dog as this dudes taken it to the school, or taken it in.

The timeframe it was from her last being spotted to finding the phone just seems completely strange the events that happened. Him calling 999 so fast also makes me think he knew something we are not being told - like suicidal, or hes recieved a message or something.

Interesting…

Trying to put myself in this position, I don’t think my first thought would be to call 999 because my dog was found without my partner. My first thought would be they’ve lost eachother and she is most likely in that area running around looking for the dog. I would either check the home or the area the dog was found. The urgency in that 999 call is strange imo.

I'd have tried to call her at least, getting an engaged tone, whilst she was on the conf call probably would have reassured me she was OK too.

Yeah it's the jump to ringing 999 straight away...it doesn't seem a normal reaction to someone finding their dog loose. Something bigger going on imo
Even if he tried to call her first and got no response, why wouldn’t you go down and see if you could find her? Opposed to immediately calling for police assistance. Imagine calling the police for them to turn up and be like “oh yeah she was just sat in the car, didn’t you think to look?”

I do think the whole timeline of the dog being found to the phone call to the police really really strange in itself. It didn’t even really appear anyone tried to find her first beyond probably done unanswered phone calls.

I'd have tried to call her at least, getting an engaged tone, whilst she was on the conf call probably would have reassured me she was OK too.
Yep id think "Shes engaged on the phone so shes busy chatting somewhere and lost track of the dog" most likely fustrated myself that shes not paying attention.

Even if he tried to call her first and got no response, why wouldn’t you go down and see if you could find her? Opposed to immediately calling for police assistance. Imagine calling the police for them to turn up and be like “oh yeah she was just sat in the car, didn’t you think to look?”

I do think the whole timeline of the dog being found to the phone call to the police really really strange in itself. It didn’t even really appear anyone tried to find her first beyond probably done unanswered phone calls.

But the phone would have been engaged if she was on a conf call.

Interesting…

Because he saw and spoke to the someone who found the dog?

Put like that it sounds odd but is it correct? Did she take the dog to the school (minus the undiscovered lead/harness) or did she perhaps call the school and maybe then waited with the dog, perhaps calling out to try to find NB, and getting more and more worried, but not spotting the stuff on the bench?

She can’t be in the water, I’m probably 100% sure on that now. It was all so fast. Work call connected at 9:01am - ‘possible’ sighting 9:15/9:20am - walking dog - 10:30am dog found alone - dog taken to school/school called and school called the husband who immediately called 999 - midday as rough time estimate? Was he working away and maybe wasn’t near to the area to search, even still you would call someone close and ask them to go take a look for her. Weird by all accounts imo.

When you lay it out like that … it is very strange. I’m leaning towards foul play with possibly some planning based on the things that just don’t make sense to me about this case and things that, if I discussed, .. would probably get modsnipped for being against the rules. I don’t think anything can be ruled out completely but I suspect the police are giving enough information they can without jeopardising a potential line of enquiry they may be looking into. I do hope I’m wrong and this poor woman turns up safely and can go home to her children.

A friend who runs a local caravan park raised the alarm when they spotted the family’s brown springer spaniel Willow running free.

When asked if Nicola was a strong swimmer, father-in-law David said: “I believe so, yes.”

Lots more info here...

There seems to be a few caravan parks in the area.
Doesn't say which one the owner/manger & friend (who found wilow) is from.

<modsnip - no source link for info stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members